Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, CA [Master Thread]

Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy

Howdy FTers,

Tonight is my 73rd night as a MR trecker this year. I plan to make plat next week in Orlando (sucks).

Anyway, I'm spending tonight at the Marriott Fremont Silcion Valley. Its about at 15 minute drive north of SJC. I stay at the Marriott in dowtown San Jose all the time. I thought I'd change it up this time and stay at the Fremont property. Let me start by saying the staff has all been friendly and professional, and the hotel is a nice propety. Do not waste your time here. The hotel stands alone in the middle of an open field. There are no shops, restaurants or anything. There is a hotel bar/restaurant, but when I left at 8:45 tonight I was the only person left.

At about 10:30 I thought I'd venture up to the executive lounge to grab a coke/water. Nope! It closes at 10:00 But a guest did tell me that I could buy a coke in the "gift shop" by the front desk... Thanks!

My room is respectably modern, but nothing that would impress me.

To summarize... Perhaps I'm spoiled by nicer properties, but this one did disappoint. While the facilites were nice, it offered nothing more than a Marriott property in an unforgivable location. If you're in the area, please stay downtown in San Jose. Unless your ideal night consists of watching QVC and eating fried food, the Marriott Fremont offers nothing to the intrepid traveler.

See you down the road~~~ Jerry
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
Howdy FTers,

Tonight is my 73rd night as a MR trecker this year. I plan to make plat next week in Orlando (sucks).

Anyway, I'm spending tonight at the Marriott Fremont Silcion Valley. Its about at 15 minute drive north of SJC. I stay at the Marriott in dowtown San Jose all the time. I thought I'd change it up this time and stay at the Fremont property. Let me start by saying the staff has all been friendly and professional, and the hotel is a nice propety. Do not waste your time here. The hotel stands alone in the middle of an open field. There are no shops, restaurants or anything. There is a hotel bar/restaurant, but when I left at 8:45 tonight I was the only person left.

At about 10:30 I thought I'd venture up to the executive lounge to grab a coke/water. Nope! It closes at 10:00 But a guest did tell me that I could buy a coke in the "gift shop" by the front desk... Thanks!

My room is respectably modern, but nothing that would impress me.

To summarize... Perhaps I'm spoiled by nicer properties, but this one did disappoint. While the facilites were nice, it offered nothing more than a Marriott property in an unforgivable location. If you're in the area, please stay downtown in San Jose. Unless your ideal night consists of watching QVC and eating fried food, the Marriott Fremont offers nothing to the intrepid traveler.

See you down the road~~~ Jerry
This property and many of the others on the 880 corridor really cater to the local high tech community. During the dot com boom 100% occupancy was par for the course. Not so much now....... My company uses the Marriott for our visitors as do many other high tech companies that are still in business. Granted there's nothing spectacular in the immediate vicinity but go north one exit and there's a shopping center and several good restaurants. PF Changs etc....
Old Oct 23, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Plus on weekends the $79 rate, free parking, and breakfast coupons on weekends for elites make the Fremont Marriott worthwhile.

Last edited by jtp1947; Oct 24, 2010 at 9:47 am
Old Oct 24, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Fremont, California is one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the United States. If hanging out at Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese markets and restaurants sounds like a different kind of experience to you, then Fremont is unbeatable for world entertainment in the Silicon Valley.

Seriously, I love Fremont. Super cheap weekend hotel rates and lots of culture.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I stayed there last year for a few days, and it was a nice property. Like the OP said, there's nothing in the immediate vicinity for eating. But as others have commented, just go one or two exits up the freeway and there's a plethora of eating options. I would stay there again!
Old Oct 24, 2010, 9:55 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I do not really consider this an acceptable place to eat, but there used to be a McDonald's a block from the hotel. Is this no longer the case? I've spent many a nights here when doing business with Magnussen Lexus of Fremont.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
McDonald's is still there.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: YX Chocolate Chip Cookie
Fremont Marriott is GREAT

I used to stay at the Fremont Marriott about 1wk/month when I was working for an east bay company. The staff was in the top 10% of all the Marriotts I stayed at. Rooms were very reasonable. Dining choices were unbeatable - any cuisine within about 10 minutes, cheap to luxe. Free parking. A real bonus was the great bike paths in the area.

Don't know what you expect, but I'd go back there if I needed to work in the 880 area again.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 8:03 pm
ffj

Programs: AA, ExPlat, DL Sil, UAL Sil, Hilt Dia, Marr Plat
Stayed there a few years ago on 2 consecutive trips a month apart. On both occasions, did not fulfill the Plat guar and got $100 each time, for nights that were << $100. Parking was tight when one gets there late. Overall, not impressed. Maybe it is better now.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I am doing my second stay in two weeks at Fremont Marriott and I love it.

Staff is top notch.

Little things I've noticed:

1. Platinum Elite reserved parking upfront.
2. Towels rolled and put at every gym station/bike...
3. 4square and Facebook specials!
4. Printed info about jogging trails at the gym and front desk
5. Turndown service is still in effect
6. Mouth wash in my room
7. Plenty of dinning options just next exit.

Bigger things:

1. Plats have option for breakfast (CL or downstairs) which I find fantastic!
2. Very reasonable rates.
3. Staff is fantastic and service with a smile!
4. GM seems to empower staff to take care of the guests.

Overall despite 40min commute I stayed here instead of a property closer to SFO for the second time. I somewhat liked this property being "in the middle of nowhere" yet close to everything.

I will be back when in the area. A nice little gem.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by iztok
I am doing my second stay in two weeks at Fremont Marriott and I love it.

Staff is top notch.

Little things I've noticed:

1. Platinum Elite reserved parking upfront.
2. Towels rolled and put at every gym station/bike...
3. 4square and Facebook specials!
4. Printed info about jogging trails at the gym and front desk
5. Turndown service is still in effect
6. Mouth wash in my room
7. Plenty of dinning options just next exit.

Bigger things:

1. Plats have option for breakfast (CL or downstairs) which I find fantastic!
2. Very reasonable rates.
3. Staff is fantastic and service with a smile!
4. GM seems to empower staff to take care of the guests.

Overall despite 40min commute I stayed here instead of a property closer to SFO for the second time. I somewhat liked this property being "in the middle of nowhere" yet close to everything.

I will be back when in the area. A nice little gem.
Thanks for the update!

Re: the lounge. Is it open on weekends? If not, do they offer brekkie coupons? If not, is it key accessible for soft drinks? Is there free wifi or i-net terminal? If you don't know, can you ask next time you stay there and report back. Then I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:55 am

Sorry, I don't know about it. I can assume that while lounge is closed they would give brekkie coupons (considering Plats get coupon even when lounge is open).

Internet is free for Plats there are i-terminals in the lobby (free) and one in the lounge. I'll email GM and ask, it doesn't hurt and I'll report. I don't know when I will be back to this property as with new job I am back to staying a couple of nights and moving to another location.
Old May 1, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
I almost stayed at this hotel, but in the end I decided the Newark CY and RI and the Fremont RI are in much better locations with regard to food and shopping respectively. If you're in the area and want to take a walk/jog I'd definitely recommend going out on one of the sloughs and getting a more complete understanding of where sea salt comes from.
Old May 1, 2012, 11:47 am

In fact I did do the run (5 miles) at the Fremont Marriott and loved the trail there.

I prefer FS as I get more points and better service than RI an I boycott CYs unless I have no other option

I'll haven't emailed GM yet but will try to do it today.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I stayed at this property during the end of the last EEO period in 2011 (late August). They give coupons on the weekend to pp/platinum/gold members, and the coupons include tip. I think the CL thread notes that they do it, but I wanted to add the info that this property also covers the tip for breakfast as well.

I did not know that platinum members could eat breakfast in the restaurant when the lounge is open. That is a nice option if you have extra time for breakfast. The lounge offerings in general are above average for a domestic Marriott, although the evening seems to always have tuna salad as one of the dishes (along with some hot stuff and the usual cheese, vegetables, crackers). In my experience, they put out better hot dishes during the week (Monday night versus Sunday night). Dessert seemed rather weak at this property, but they keep out the evening food past 7:30, so you will get something to eat if you check in late as long as you get there before they close it down at 10 pm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.