Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton and EDITION hotels being added to Marriott Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton and EDITION hotels being added to Marriott Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ktjan
Also, will a R/C Platinum member get the Platinum Arrival Gift of 1,000 Bonus points when (s)he stays at a Marriott hotel? I guess it's no, but I just want to confirm.
It sounds like RC plat and Marriott plat are the same thing. Either one will get 1000 points checking into a RC, 500 points checking into a FS/Ren, 200 points at the limited service properties.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, UA 2P
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
And we still don't know what happens to your Lifetime accumulation in MR if you switch. I certainly wouldn't contemplate a switch without that being clarified.
Is there some level I am not aware of based on lifetime MR nights??
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by RandolphS
Junior membership in the Bilderbergers...
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RandolphS
I think the VickiSoCal is referencing LT status. The questions are:

1. Does changing from one program to the other "reset" any or all of your lifetime achievements (number of years in program, lifetime points, lifetime nights).

2. If someone currently holds a lifetime status (i.e. LT Plat), if they switch to the RC program, will they still retain LT status there? If not, how long does their current status last? And if they switch back to Marriott's program, will they again get their LT status or have to start over?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I created tables showing the change in points under the new system compared to the old reward chart for Ritz-Carlton stays.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyaltytraveler/?p=5549
Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Great move by Marriott!! ^

I'll be interested to see if there's some form of breakfast offered at RC. I sort of expected that Club access would not be guaranteed as many of those lounges have full food spreads all day long, but I'm wondering if some sort of continental breakfast credit in the restaurant will be included for Plats/Golds...

In any case, the ability to earn points is a very nice addition. Just a couple of hours ago I was looking up the RC award chart and recalling how St. Regis is so much more integrated into SPG than Ritz is to MR. Now this at least moves Ritz a step closer to that kind of integration.

Is there any reason a longtime Marriott Plat would want to switch to RCR from MR? I do business and leisure stays across the entire Marriott brand spectrum but certainly enjoy the occasional leisure stay at Ritz!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by satori
I created tables showing the change in points under the new system compared to the old reward chart for Ritz-Carlton stays.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyaltytraveler/?p=5549
This is awesome, thanks! ^
Old Sep 15, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by msuroo
This is awesome, thanks! ^
+1!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by satori
New opportunities to earn and new opportunities to redeem Marriott Rewards points.

Too bad Marriott Rewards made another devaluation of points without giving members a chance to redeem for Ritz Carlton reward stays before changes.

A 7-night NY Central Park stay went from 250,000 points yeaterday to 420,000 points today. That is a 68% increase.

Ritz Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes was a Tier 1 Marriott Rewards partner hotel reward yesterday for 45,000 points per night. The good news is this hotel is now a Tier 2 hotel at just 40,000 points per night. This is 5,000 points per night less than before.

However, a 5-night stay is now 160,000 points for this hotel when it was 150,000 points before.

A 7-night stay is now 240,000 points when it was 175,000 point before. So while the cost for one night is actually 5,000 points less and the cost for 5 nights is only 10,000 points more, the real hurt is the cost for 7 nights that is now 65,000 points more than yesterday's rate. A 37% increase.

Tier 1 hotels from yesterday that remain tier 1 hotels today in the new Ritz-Carlton reward chart are a better deal at 30,000 points per night. This is a 33% reduction for one night.

A 5-night stay is now only 120,000 points compared to 150,000 yesterday. 20% decrease in points. 7-night stays are 180,000 points and that is 5,000 points more than the 175,000 points needed yesterday for a 7-night stay.

A tier 4 hotel like Bachelor Gulch Colorado is now 60,000 points for one night. This is a decrease from 70,000 points yesterday under the old rewards table. But a five night reward now costs 240,000 points compared to 200,000 points yesterday. A 20% increase.

And 7-nights at Bachelor Gulch is now 360,000 points rather than 250,000 points. A 44% increase.

One night stays are actually a better deal in this new tier system for Ritz-Carlton Rewards. The multi-night discount takes a hit though with the changes.

I called the Ritz-Carlton multi-night rewards the best extended stay hotel loyalty reward available in my InsideFlyer April 2010 hotel loyalty programs review.

Ritz-Carlton rewards progressive discount was too good to last.
Ok one could see that Marriott Rewards was up to something as RC properties were increasingly turning up in property searches the last few months. While this is not an across the board devaluation of points for RC properties it is definitely a substantial devaluation in some cases. As such, Marriott should have provided a significant transitional period (as they have always done in the past) allowing members the option to book under the old point system. I have consistently bragged on Marriott to others about this fact, telling them that I believe that they can count on Marriott to not devalue one's points without substantial warning. Mow I have egg on my face.

Marriott Concierge - can you comment on this?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:30 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
I received an email offer to enroll in Ritz-Carlton Rewards and automatically receive Gold Elite status through 12/31/11.

Could it be an Amex Centurion offer (it doesn't mention that) or is everyone receiving this offer?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
I had a reservation for Ritz Palm Beach in November, so called to ask about the new program.

Basically the guy said only difference between MR and Ritz program is the card you carry and the look and nature of emails received so he said unless majority of time is ritz, no need to swap over. Basically emails will have a ritz look and feel instead of marriott, and emails will be more luxury and special vacations options instead of marriotts emails.

Benefits are the same as far as earning and burining points, and just like each marriott brand has slightly different arrangements for recognition, so does Ritz. Like Ritz gives free internet workldwide, marriott hotels only some international hotels. Ritz gives 1000 arrival bonus, marriott 500 or an amenity. marriott guarantees bed type, ritz can not guarantee bed type.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I think the VickiSoCal is referencing LT status. The questions are:

1. Does changing from one program to the other "reset" any or all of your lifetime achievements (number of years in program, lifetime points, lifetime nights).

2. If someone currently holds a lifetime status (i.e. LT Plat), if they switch to the RC program, will they still retain LT status there? If not, how long does their current status last? And if they switch back to Marriott's program, will they again get their LT status or have to start over?
1) does not

2) see #1 - as mentioned by CBECHDEL it's a very very close cousin to the MR program....your status will remain
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Exclamation

Still awaiting answers/comments from MC with respect to the following:

A couple of questions come to mind with respect to the new program:

1). If you switch to RR, do you forego MR points from your MR credit card while you are a RR member?

2). If you switch to RR, and you currently have a MR Mega Bonus promotion, does it then cease to exist while a RR member?

I think this might acutally occur and have no idea what would then happen if one were to switch back to MR before the end of the MB promotion.

Does switching back to MR revive the MB promotion and whatever stays you may have made while a MR member prior to switching to RR are then re-activated/counted for the MB promotion?

Do the stays that you might have made while a RR member then count towards the MB promotion if you were to return to MR?

3). Currently, there is an incentive to switch to RR because of the free night promotion for new RR members, but if one will no longer earn points from their MR credit card if one is an enrolled RR member, one might think twice about doing this.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR

3). Currently, there is an incentive to switch to RR because of the free night promotion for new RR members, but if one will no longer earn points from their MR credit card if one is an enrolled RR member, one might think twice about doing this.
This does not appear to be true. That promo seems to be for new members only, who have not been marriott rewards members in the past.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cbechdel

This does not appear to be true. That promo seems to be for new members only, who have not been marriott rewards members in the past.
Au contraire.

I simply love posters who do not read earlier posts on the subject and who then advise others what may or may not be correct and additionally, import their own language into the terms and conditions of a given promotion.

RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY NIGHT AT A TIER 1-3 HOTEL*

Join The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, complete two paid stays by December 31, 2010 and enjoy a complimentary night at a Tier 1-3 hotel.

Be among the first to experience The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, a new program designed to provide more of what you love. As you accumulate memories with each stay at The Ritz-Carlton, you'll also accumulate rewards. Enjoy a variety of exclusive member benefits and access to special events as you accrue either points or airline miles.

Enroll now

* Offer requires that enrollee is a new member to The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and not a current member of the Marriott Rewards. One complimentary night certificate will be awarded for each completion of two paid stays by December 31, 2010, up to a maximum of two certificates. Certificates expire one year from date of issuance and other restrictions apply. Stays may not be concurrent or consecutive. Offer is non-transferable, subject to availability, does not apply to groups, and cannot be combined with any other offer. The Ritz-Carlton Rewards terms and conditions apply.
As you can see from the above, there is no bar to one being eligible for this promotion if they were a past MR member.

All that it states is that one cannot currently be both a MR member and a RR member.

That is easily accomplished because as has been mentioned by myself and the MC before, one cannot be both a MR member and a RR member at the same time -- they are mutually exclusive.

Therefore, if you are a new RR member, you cannot simultaneously be a MR member, and thus you are eligible for the promotion that is open to all new RR members, of which anyone who becomes a RR member most certainly is.

Furthermore, as is denoted in black and white above from the RR webpage (whose link I have posted in an earlier post) there is no bar with respect to eligibilty for the current RR promotion for former MR members.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Sep 16, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.