Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by danola
I was there one month ago and yes, no coupons, but continental brekkie in restaurant; upgrade to buffet for $6 p/p but not charged at checkput.
great, thank you for the update ^
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
* Rotterdam / Marriott / OPEN / Option for full breakfast (no upcharge) in Brasserie Restaurant 7 days a week (pending opening of M Lounge at this property, expected Autumn 2017); 6/25/2017 update.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Ulle
Hi,
I have an update from this past weekend (April 16th) on
1) Leipzig Marriott, Leizpig, Germany.
2) Lounge open all weekend, but breakfast is served in the restaurant only on Saturdays and Sundays.
Full breakfast allowed, appeared on bill, but was removed without problems. You might want to check before if you´re considering mobile checkout. Lounge is still open, so it can be accessed for drinks including tea/coffee or some quiet time (with all the breakfast guests now in the restaurant).
This seems like another "improvement". They usually allowed both breakfast in the lounge or restaurant, then limited breakfast to the lounge. Now, it is breakfast in the lounge weekdays and full breakfast in the restaurant on weekends only.
This description from 4/16/16 is still valid 7/1/17.

I will need to check my bill to make certain there are no surprises about the Saturday + Sunday breakfasts as the person who checked me in this morning seemed caught off guard until she called someone.

Edited to note that the night before leaving, my printed bill did not show the weekend restaurants breakfasts. However, when I check out on the way to the airport they did show up but the agent caught it and removed those charges. It would appear one must proceed with caution on this regard.

Last edited by Xeno; Jul 15, 2017 at 10:53 am
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Seattle Renaissance: UPDATE

Stayed yesterday on a mattress run - thought I'd attach the lounge card for future information. Weekend breakfast (complete ZOO) definitely in the lounge, not 2nd Floor. No mention of an appetizer coupon (and I didn't ask).

"Continental" included eggs, sausages and hash browns.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: DL PM/1 MM, Bonvoy LTT
Bucharest / JW Bucharest Grand Hotel / OPEN (lounge accessible 24/7 with breakfast served 6:30 - 10:30 a.m. and as Platinum also given additional option of eating full breakfast buffet in restaurant from 6:30 - 11 a.m. with no upcharge); 06/17 update
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:08 pm

Was just at the Dallas / Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria.

Lounge hours Close at 5 PM on Friday, open 12 Noon on Sunday (those hours might be reversed)

Was given Continental Breakfast coupon good for two. Had full buffet cost covered, though I only ate by myself. Included made to order omelettes and eggs. Excellent, and I would recommend.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:12 am
DH

* Seoul / JW Marriott Dongdaemum Square / OPEN; Brekkie in lounge only (no restaurant option); 09/16 update
Breakfast @REStaurant is allowed for guests under 18 in-lieu of breakfast @Lounge since no children under 18 is allowed lounge access. 2 breakfasts per elite member @REStaurant are waived.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
* Davenport / Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection / NO LOUNGE; Full breakfast in restaurant; free i-net & free parking for all guests; 06/18/17 update

Above is correct as of 06/23/17. Seven days a week, any item on the breakfast menu Bix Bistro for the Gold/Plat member and one guest. For additional guests, all breakfast entrees are $12.50 (+ tax & tip) and include coffee and juice. Table service; there is no breakfast buffet. Breakfast was excellent

* Des Moines / Marriott Downtown / CLOSED; Full breakfast buffet in restaurant; free wifi; lounge on mezzanine level; PAG 500pts or $10FB coupon; 06/18/17 update

Above is correct as of 06/25/17. Saturday and Sunday mornings, full breakfast buffet, including cooked-to-order omelettes, in the Rock River Grill for the Gold/Plat member and one guest. For additional guests, the breakfast buffet is $16 (+ tax & tip). The buffet was typical Marriott.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Marriott Newark Airport UPDATE

While the lounge remains closed on Friday and Saturday nights for evening appetizers, it is now open Saturday and Sunday for breakfast from 6:00 AM to 10:30 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:53 am

1) Charlottetown, PEI Canada
2) Delta Hotels Prince Edward
2) No Lounge Full Breakfast in restaurant- Nice Buffet with Omelet Station and Waffles, Cold Cuts, etc. Water Available in Rooms for Free.

7/17

Could opt for points instead as well.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:58 am

1) Halifax Marriott Harbourside
2) Lounge closed, full breakfast in restaurant YMMV for upcharge.
Closed for Drinks/water on weekend with room key.

7/17
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I stayed at the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center over the weekend. As reported in sticky, lounge was open for breakfast but the choices were pretty crappy for a relatively new-ish lounge. They did do a platinum-elite upgrade to a two-room, two-bathroom executive suite, although I had to ask for it and show that they had plenty of higher-category room availability.

The Marriott Livonia and Marriott Auburn Hills are the best flagship Marriott options in the Detroit-area.

Livonia gives full buffet on weekends plus coupons toward dinner. I like the thin-crust pizza and salmon at Livonia, although the restaurant service is more like a family-style Big Boy restaurant.

Auburn Hills, which is really on the border of Pontiac, Auburn Hills and Bloomfield Hills, has a M Club with no evening spread on weekends, but a decent enough breakfast offering. Plus, the coolers are constantly re-stocked with pop. Staff is more refined than Livonia. Also, depending on the weekend a rate of either 5,000 bonus points and a $25 restaurant voucher or 10,000 bonus points (but with no voucher) are offered.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Houston (Texas) Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) update.

Now an M Lounge (for more than a year, I believe) with 24-hour key access.

Website also shows that hot buffet breakfast is served Sat/Sun, although I've always checked out Friday morning so can't vouch for accuracy.

From the website/room details:
M Club Lounge lounge access
Open: Mon-Fri, Open: Monday Thru Thursday 6:00am-10:00pm Friday 6:00am - 12:00Noon, Sunday Open 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed: Other, Closed: Hot Breakfast Buffet served on Saturday and Sunday Mornings

There is some inaccurate information, leftover from the old Concierge Lounge days, such as:

"Continental Breakfast" -- they have a full spread + food cooked to order
"Honor Bar" -- they actually have servers who can get either food or all alcoholic beverages available from the adjacent bar/restaurant "Flights".
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by ExArkie
Cardiff Marriott - Information as posted is still correct as of today. According the the manager, they plan to start serving breakfast in the lounge on weekends "within a few weeks." Until then, it will still be breakfast in the restaurant weekends, but the lounge does have evening weekend service of "small bites," wine, beer, etc.

Their "small bites" are sample sized, but there are seven or eight different things, plus cheese and dessert. One of each makes a full meal.
Update -- Was there weekend of 16-19 Oct 2015 (for Rugby World Cup Quarter-finals):

Breakfast was available Sat/Sun in the lounge, as was evening service.

Information regarding the lounge opening hours posted in the guest rooms was out-of-date at that time, and the lounge staff were unhappy because it was apparently discouraging some guests from enjoying the food and service.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
England/United Kingdom
* Preston / Marriott / No Lounge / Full breakfast in restaurant, also coupon for a drink; 09/16 update
Update 07/17
As above but no voucher for a drink (for golds anyway).

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
England/United Kingdom
* Swansea / Marriott / No Lounge; Breakfast in restaurant; 09/16 update
Update 07/17
As above but now getting a coupon for a free drink in the bar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.