Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers

Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers

Old May 15, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Wonder if anyone has had their manual bonus post yet? I'm not hugely bothered about the speed as I don't desperately need those miles.. but know in the past from taking advantage of these switches I'm at a 50% rate of it being posted without being chased. Was wondering if anyone else has had them yet (and I should chase), or whether I should just wait for another month/week or two before chasing again
Have had it posted...would recommend you start chasing them now by calling Rewards
Old May 15, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Wonder if anyone has had their manual bonus post yet? I'm not hugely bothered about the speed as I don't desperately need those miles.. but know in the past from taking advantage of these switches I'm at a 50% rate of it being posted without being chased. Was wondering if anyone else has had them yet (and I should chase), or whether I should just wait for another month/week or two before chasing again
I e-mailed Marriott Rewards 3 - 4 days ago. They replied back saying the points will post within a week. The points posted earlier today!
Old May 19, 2010, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
How quickly do Megabonuses post?

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
My offering is 25,000 points for 20 nights, 15,000 extra points for the next 5. Maximum is 40,000 for 25 nights...
I'm registered for the exact same offer -- will the bonus points post soon after the last stay is completed, or will I have to wait until after August 31, when the promotion ends?

I ask because I'm about 50k points short of a rewards stay I have planned for mid August. I expect to be able to get in the 25 nights in prior to August 1.
Old May 20, 2010, 1:50 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
AFAIK, it will be after the promotion ends.
Old May 20, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
May have to call more than once

Originally Posted by USirritated
If you got the other offer, the only way you could link to this offer is if MR changes you over, which would require a call to MR to accomplish. I am sure they would change you, so just give them a call to inquire.
I just called rewards and was told it could not be changed - what you are targedted for is what you get. I called back and was told they would have to track it manually so that around september 14th, I should check back and make ssure it was entered correctly. I prefer the six nights, two stays as it is unlikely that I will have 25 nights for 40k by end of Aug.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by brobab
I just called rewards and was told it could not be changed - what you are targedted for is what you get. I called back and was told they would have to track it manually so that around september 14th, I should check back and make ssure it was entered correctly. I prefer the six nights, two stays as it is unlikely that I will have 25 nights for 40k by end of Aug.
I just play it like the childhood "other parent" deal. If Mommy says no, then just check with Daddy. When using this method with MR, about 90% of the time I get a different answer from Daddy than from Mommy, especially if Daddy is a manager.
Old May 22, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Quick Question,

is there something like:

flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-priority-club-inter-continental-ambassador/1031891-ic-master-promo-thread-2010-a.html

for Marriott??

Just curious - bec I used to earn all my points and status the hard way - w/o promos - but since I used the above link this year I have reached P status with PC by March and enjoyed many more points?

I especially like that one doesn't have to scroll through 38 pages of posts to get all the promo codes.

Cheers!!!
Old May 23, 2010, 5:24 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA1K_PCPA_MP
is there something like:

flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-priority-club-inter-continental-ambassador/1031891-ic-master-promo-thread-2010-a.html

for Marriott??
This thread is about as close as it gets. Marriott doesn't flood their program with as many different bonus opportunities as PC does. So a quick search the last few days of this forum should net you a fairly good picture of the current Marriott bonus opportunities.
Old May 23, 2010, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by UA1K_PCPA_MP
Quick Question,

is there something like:

for Marriott??

Just curious - bec I used to earn all my points and status the hard way - w/o promos - but since I used the above link this year I have reached P status with PC by March and enjoyed many more points?

I especially like that one doesn't have to scroll through 38 pages of posts to get all the promo codes.

Cheers!!!
If anyone posts new promos on this thread, I will edit the OP to include it. To my knowledge, all viable promos are included. There may be one or two I left out for simplicity because they are superceded by better promos (in other words, if there is no reason someone would ever choose promo A over promo B, I don't include promo A).

Last edited by judolphin; May 23, 2010 at 11:22 am
Old May 26, 2010, 7:56 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by judolphin
Summer 2010 Promotions[/SIZE][/U][/B]

For those who prefer to earn Delta Skymiles

For those who prefer Marriott points/certificates:
(for stays between June 1 and August 31, 2010)
[CODE]
If you have THIS Ask for THIS
3-14 nights Category 1-4 Certificate every 3rd stay (Max: 3)
15 nights 20,000 points
20 nights 30,000 points
25 nights 40,000 points
!
Hello All,

Just to clarify; the 2010 Summer promotion offer listed above is incorrect. The first offer listed should be earn a Category 1-4 certificate with every 3rd stay (maximum of 2 can be earned). Also you receive a maximum of one Hertz coupon.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old May 26, 2010, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello All,

Just to clarify; the 2010 Summer promotion offer listed above is incorrect. The first offer listed should be earn a Category 1-4 certificate with every 3rd stay (maximum of 2 can be earned). Also you receive a maximum of one Hertz coupon.

Kind regards,

Marie
Fixed. Genuinely sorry if that caused trouble.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Didn't see anything about this promo for 10k points with 3 CY stays. This seems to be in addition to the MegaBonus offers. There doesn't appear to be any reason CY stays would not qualify for both promotions at the same time. What appears below is from the Marriott Web site.

Earn 10,000 Marriott Rewards® Bonus Points for stays at Courtyard® between June 15 and September 15, 2010.
See Details
Courtyard means travel that is more relaxing – and more rewarding. To show you just one of the many ways that’s true, we would like to offer you the opportunity to earn 10,000 bonus points for Courtyard stays between June 15 and September 15.

Here's how the promotion works:

•Stay at any of over 750 Courtyard hotels in the United States and Canada between June 15 and September 15, 2010.
•After your third paid stay, you'll automatically receive your 10,000 bonus points. It's that simple.
You’ll be on your way to your next destination much more quickly just for staying at Courtyard by Marriott®.

While CY is not one of my go-to brands - I'm more a Ren/FS/SHS kind of guy - I'm adjusting a few reservations for later this month to qualify for these points.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Didn't see anything about this promo for 10k points with 3 CY stays. This seems to be in addition to the MegaBonus offers. There doesn't appear to be any reason CY stays would not qualify for both promotions at the same time. What appears below is from the Marriott Web site.

Earn 10,000 Marriott Rewards® Bonus Points for stays at Courtyard® between June 15 and September 15, 2010.
See Details
Courtyard means travel that is more relaxing – and more rewarding. To show you just one of the many ways that’s true, we would like to offer you the opportunity to earn 10,000 bonus points for Courtyard stays between June 15 and September 15.

•Stay at any of over 750 Courtyard hotels in the United States and Canada between June 15 and September 15, 2010.
•After your third paid stay, you'll automatically receive your 10,000 bonus points. It's that simple.
You’ll be on your way to your next destination much more quickly just for staying at Courtyard by Marriott®.

While CY is not one of my go-to brands - I'm more a Ren/FS/SHS kind of guy - I'm adjusting a few reservations for later this month to qualify for these points.
CY can certainly be hit or miss, that is for sure. Some of the older CY's can be a bit frayed around the edges, where on the other hand, some of the newer CY's can be just as nice as some FS hotels, akin to say a FS airport Marriott. Just my opinion, of course YMMV.

Where did you see this promo? I would like to take advantage of it myself!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USirritated
CY can certainly be hit or miss, that is for sure. Some of the older CY's can be a bit frayed around the edges, where on the other hand, some of the newer CY's can be just as nice as some FS hotels, akin to say a FS airport Marriott. Just my opinion, of course YMMV.

Where did you see this promo? I would like to take advantage of it myself!
Agreed.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl

See Details

Where on the website did you see this promo, do you have a link for it? I would like to sign up for it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.