Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers

Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers

Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
How do you check on-line how many night stays you had in particular time period?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by iztok
How do you check on-line how many night stays you had in particular time period?
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotionCentral.mi

or

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/activity.mi
Old Apr 15, 2010, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by judolphin
Sorry for the "Platinum exclusivity", but this thread only does Plats and PP members any good.

Marriott has shown flexibility in changing Platinum Members' MegaBonus offers, so make sure you're getting the best bang for your buck.
I'm currently only a Gold Elite and I just successfully switched from stay-based to night-based (20 nights for 40000 pts) last week by emailing them.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:49 am

Problem is with first that if you have say 20 day one it only shows 20 days not 24/20 or something.

With the second, it shows me points per stay but not nights per stay. Go figure.

That is why I am asking.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:53 am

Problem is with first that if you have say 20 day one it only shows 20 days not 24/20 or something.

With the second, it shows me points per stay but not nights per stay. Go figure.

That is why I am asking.
Ah, one has to count the days per stay since one has date range! Stupid me
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hiroye
I'm currently only a Gold Elite and I just successfully switched from stay-based to night-based (20 nights for 40000 pts) last week by emailing them.
Cool, updated the OP.

Ah, one has to count the days per stay since one has date range! Stupid me
No problem!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I emailed customer service to request a different promo and they responded quickly. They noted my account and said they would manually post the points to my account in the first week of May.

They did note however,that I would continue to see my original promo on the website.

I much prefer email as I now have printed confirmation of their response.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I emailed customer service to request a different promo and they responded quickly. They noted my account and said they would manually post the points to my account in the first week of May.

They did note however,that I would continue to see my original promo on the website.

I much prefer email as I now have printed confirmation of their response.
Good work. Updated OP with MR email address.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Gold, Hertz
Thank you!!!!

Thanks to everyone for their input and to the OP for such a great post.

My husband and I are both plats and have been at a Fairfield Inn for 60 days. We just emailed Marriott Rewards to hopefully switch our promotions.

We are both platinum's - I had the 25 nights/50,000 points offer but he had the offer of 2,500 points after each 2nd stay (I can't remember the exact wording).

Thanks again!
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Gold, Hertz
Duplicate post

Last edited by ChiTownClaire; Apr 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm Reason: Duplicate post :(
Old Apr 18, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
On a Sunday received a response in under 8 hours switching from 25 nights/50k to 30nights/60k.

Marriott customer services has never let me down in many situations on the road. Marriott was my first real experience of "proper" customer services, rather than the level I was used to prior to becoming a 'desirable' customer. In my own opinion Marriott always goes above and beyond on any communications with me, by phone or email - its a reason why its my pleasure to direct 100s of nights business their way

PS: I used the elite member email address rather than the generic Marriott rewards one.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChiTownClaire
Thanks to everyone for their input and to the OP for such a great post.

My husband and I are both plats and have been at a Fairfield Inn for 60 days. We just emailed Marriott Rewards to hopefully switch our promotions.

We are both platinum's - I had the 25 nights/50,000 points offer but he had the offer of 2,500 points after each 2nd stay (I can't remember the exact wording).

Thanks again!
No problem! I believe your offer is 25 nights for 50k or 30 nights for 60k, so you're probably OK. Your husband definitely should change... good luck!

Originally Posted by littlevoices
On a Sunday received a response in under 8 hours switching from 25 nights/50k to 30nights/60k.

Marriott customer services has never let me down in many situations on the road. Marriott was my first real experience of "proper" customer services, rather than the level I was used to prior to becoming a 'desirable' customer. In my own opinion Marriott always goes above and beyond on any communications with me, by phone or email - its a reason why its my pleasure to direct 100s of nights business their way

PS: I used the elite member email address rather than the generic Marriott rewards one.
I agree 100% with MR CS being top-notch and almost never failing to come through.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
As a Gold I was just able to get CS to change it to every other stay. I have only 11 nights this time but 4 stays so 10K pts is much better than 0. The CS agent did contact her sup to make sure I could change and got approval.

She said I will still be enrolled in offer #3 (15/20 nights for 15K/25K) but she put in the notes I want offer #1 (Every other stay 5K pts). I would need to call back at the end of the promo to get them to manually adjust the account.

Thanks OP!

On a side note she said she hadn't heard anything about the next mega bonus. I've been pretty unlucky with my stays recently. I had 13 nights between the one last year and this one (basically 1/15-1/30) and I will have stays the first 3 weeks in may.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
New Mega Bonus should launch soon... mid May through the summer.

I believe it's a bit different in that you stay 3 and get one free. Stay 6 and get two nights free with a 6 night stay getting you two nights being the max. Also get a $50 discount with Hertz for every three night stay or two coupons for a 6 night stay.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 1:29 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Success with changing after the conclusion of the megabonus period totally depends on who you connect with at MR customer service. I wanted to change after the last megabonus period ended, and the first person I spoke with told me it would not be possible, and was emphatic about it. So, I called back and asked for a supervisor, and asked for the same thing, explaining that I was told it was not possible after the magabonus period had ended. The supervisor told me that the previous customer service rep was incorrect, and that changes COULD be made after the megabonus period had ended. So, if you do not meet with success due to speaking with a MR rep, then call back and ask to speak with someone else, or ask for a supervisor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.