Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Disneyworld, Orlando, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Disneyworld, Orlando, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 10:00 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
There was a shuttle service to WDW when I last stayed at there, but it was a few years ago. I just don't remember how often it ran. Hopefully, someone with more recent experience will chime in.

I have normally stayed at one of the Palms villas rather than at the Worldcenter Resort. The last time I stayed there was when we came to watch the 2001 Capital One Bowl (UT vs. MI). But back then, they offered us a full breakfast. I do believe based on checking SkiAdcock's Lounge sticky thread that Plats get offered coupons for a continental breakfast (with the option to pay an upcharge for the full buffet.) I don't know if that includes Gold elites or not. It might be worth calling the hotel to find out.

Note that while those staying at the Palms villas get use of the hotel's amenities, there isn't any breakfast or upgrades to be had. But they have a full kitchen. So we just brought our own breakfast foods.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: American, Hyatt
Smile Marriott Disney World

Hi

I have reservations for Marriott Disney World (Courtyard Orlando Lake BV) as well as the Embassy Suites for December family vacation. I am traveling for a 6 Nights with family including a 4 year old. I am looking for some feedback on Marriott considering I am interested in visiting theme parks, Universal mainly.

I want to prefer Marriott but the reviews have not covinced me that it is better than Embassy Suites. Marriott I can use the rewards nights but I have no status with Hilton.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
have you read the posts in this thread???????????
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...sney-kids.html

Originally Posted by Arshavin
Hi

I have reservations for Marriott Disney World (Courtyard Orlando Lake BV) as well as the Embassy Suites for December family vacation. I am traveling for a 6 Nights with family including a 4 year old. I am looking for some feedback on Marriott considering I am interested in visiting theme parks, Universal mainly.

I want to prefer Marriott but the reviews have not covinced me that it is better than Embassy Suites. Marriott I can use the rewards nights but I have no status with Hilton.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: American, Hyatt
Thanks

Thanks for pointing to this thread. I had searched but did not see this thread.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Arshavin, I just completed 5 night stay at Marriott World Center. Darn close to the parks and very friendly staff. Nice pool area. Got suite upgrade as PP. Definitely going back there again.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
JW Marriott is AMAZING. Awesome lazy river and plenty of stuff for adults too.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Last August we stayed at Sabal Palms for two weeks (also on II getaways) and LOVED it! We had lots of down time, so it was great to have the space (it was so quiet, but a short walk to the Orlando World Center, although the pool was under huge renovation at the time, so didn't get to use the big pool complex there).

It is so close to the Disney Parks! If you want to use points for a Marriott, I think it would be a good choice to go with the World Center. Their new pool complex is open, and sounds great.

They don't provide a shuttle, but I think it's about a $15 cab ride each way to Epcot (or the Boardwalk). Or you can drive.

The timeshares there (the Palms ones) are the first ones Marriott built, so they are a bit bigger, and we liked the layout at Sabal Palms. Huge full size washer/dryer, sunken living room with tons of space, nice overall. Nice gas grills right outside our building too! It's great for a long stay, but for a short one and only one child, the hotel portion would be fine.

Is the Courtyard the one in the Marriott village?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Originally Posted by Arshavin
I have reservations for Marriott Disney World (Courtyard Orlando Lake BV) as well as the Embassy Suites for December family vacation. I am traveling for a 6 Nights with family including a 4 year old.
Embassy as a brand wins over Courtyard generally, IMO. Made to order free breakfast, free evening reception with well drinks, and of course every room is a suite. Judging from the amount of families (I don't have kids) I see at ES properties, a lot of parents find it a good value proposition.

On the other hand, if you have some MR points to burn, and would rather not rub elbows with all the other people grabbing free stuff, a CY may work better for you.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
We have stayed at almost all of the Marriott properties within 10 miles of WDW as we've done probably 15 trips to Disney in the last 5-6 years. My favorite is the Courtyard on Vineland in Lake Buena Vista at the Marriott Village, followed by the Fairfield and Springhill Suites at the same address. The Courtyard is clean and relatively new and they have rooms with two queens (whereas most others are two doubles). The fairfield and SHS have complimentary breakfast. We like the courtyard because it is well built and maintained with a nice indoor/outdoor pool and it is close to the outlets and Downtown Disney.

Just don't confuse this Courtyard with the nearby LBV Courtyard at Vista Centre which is old and terrible.

Marriott World Center is also nice but expensive (including resort fees and parking) and involves a lot of walking, but a new pool renovation.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by luckee37
Marriott World Center is also nice but expensive (including resort fees and parking) and involves a lot of walking, but a new pool renovation.
Parking yes, no resort fees.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:28 pm

I'm heading to Orlando Friday night and checking out Sunday. I have two Category 5 certs that I can use. We are planning on taking my daughter to Disney at least one if not two days.
SHS, CY, or FI at the Marriott village? I have a 2 year old and probably spending most of the time at the park.
Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Best Marriott for Orlando/Disney with Kids

Courtyard is the best at the Marriott Village.... Great property with a nice pool. They charge for parking and you'll be lucky to find spot.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by stils
I'm heading to Orlando Friday night and checking out Sunday. I have two Category 5 certs that I can use. We are planning on taking my daughter to Disney at least one if not two days.
SHS, CY, or FI at the Marriott village? I have a 2 year old and probably spending most of the time at the park.
Thanks!
I agree that the Courtyard is a fairly significant leap ahead of the others on your list
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Without knowing the property itself, I would be going with the Springhill Suites for the extra space, the free breakfast and the additional in-room amenities (fridge, microwave, sink). Keep in mind that the pools can be used at any of the village-properties, and since you will be out most of the day I think the additional amenities at the Springhill Suites will be your best bet...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jun 8, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by djohannw
Without knowing the property itself, I would be going with the Springhill Suites for the extra space, the free breakfast and the additional in-room amenities (fridge, microwave, sink). Keep in mind that the pools can be used at any of the village-properties, and since you will be out most of the day I think the additional amenities at the Springhill Suites will be your best bet...

Greetings - Dirk
Just a follow up. I chose Springhill Suites mostly for the free breakfast. We got there late Friday night, left early and ate a large breakfast, got home late Saturday night. We woke up and hit the pool Sunday which had a walk in (no steps) pool for the toddler. There was also a small splash pad. I'm glad I stayed here and although I read about the tough parking situation I had no problem finding spots around the SHS either night. Also I didn't get charged for parking. It was an award booking so I'm not sure if that was why or because I'm gold or maybe the guy at the front desk thought I was awesome. :-)
Thank you for everyone's input!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.