Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Hotel Category Changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:28 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge
Original Poster

2010 Hotel Category Changes

Good Afternoon, all. I just wanted to share with the FlyerTalk community another announcement made on Insiders, this time regarding The Ritz-Carlton Hotels changing tiers in 2010 - these changes will be completed Tuesday, March 2, 2010:

Did you know you can also redeem your hard-earned Marriott Rewards points at The Ritz-Carlton Hotels? I am pleased to announce that 10 of The Ritz-Carlton Hotels will be moving down a Tier Level. Now a one-night redemption stay at these hotels will change from 70,000 points to 45,000 points. No hotels will be moving up a Tier Level.

The Ritz-Carton Hotels Moving from Tier 2 to Tier 1

The Ritz-Carlton, Marina Del Rey, California
The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, Florida
The Ritz-Carlton, Orlando, Florida
The Ritz-Carlton, Coconut Grove, Florida
The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester, New York
The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, Georgia
The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, Mexico
The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, China
The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing, China
The Ritz-Carlton, Sharq Village & Spa

To redeem your points at The Ritz-Carlton Hotels, please follow these steps:
· Select a hotel from the participating The Ritz-Carlton hotel list
· Call 1-800-241-3333 to make a reservation at The Ritz-Carlton hotel with your points*

*Redemption stays for The Ritz-Carlton cannot be booked on Marriott.com or RitzCarlton.com. 1-800-241-3333 must be called in order to book your redemption stay.

Please note these changes will be completed by Tuesday, March 2, 2010. If you have made a reservation prior to the changes going into effect, please contact guest services to update your certificate with The Ritz-Carlton updated tier.

Thanks!

Regards,

Andrew
Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott PP, IHG Rewards Plat, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Would the Ritz-Carlton properties offer an upgrade (if available) for Rewards members like the regular Marriott properties do?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: MR Platinum Premier, HH Silver, National Exec Elite, USAirways Silver
Just booked the Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman for April for a week.... Full 250k points since pointsavers just ended... Would have LOVED to see this be one of the downgrades... Oh well, better luck next time.

Thanks Marriott Concierge
Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Good Afternoon, all. I just wanted to share with the FlyerTalk community another announcement made on Insiders, this time regarding The Ritz-Carlton Hotels changing tiers in 2010 - these changes will be completed Tuesday, March 2, 2010:

Did you know you can also redeem your hard-earned Marriott Rewards points at The Ritz-Carlton Hotels? I am pleased to announce that 10 of The Ritz-Carlton Hotels will be moving down a Tier Level. Now a one-night redemption stay at these hotels will change from 70,000 points to 45,000 points. No hotels will be moving up a Tier Level.

The Ritz-Carton Hotels Moving from Tier 2 to Tier 1

The Ritz-Carlton, Marina Del Rey, California
The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, Florida
The Ritz-Carlton, Orlando, Florida
The Ritz-Carlton, Coconut Grove, Florida
The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester, New York
The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, Georgia
The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, Mexico
The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, China
The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing, China
The Ritz-Carlton, Sharq Village & Spa

To redeem your points at The Ritz-Carlton Hotels, please follow these steps:
· Select a hotel from the participating The Ritz-Carlton hotel list
· Call 1-800-241-3333 to make a reservation at The Ritz-Carlton hotel with your points*

*Redemption stays for The Ritz-Carlton cannot be booked on Marriott.com or RitzCarlton.com. 1-800-241-3333 must be called in order to book your redemption stay.

Please note these changes will be completed by Tuesday, March 2, 2010. If you have made a reservation prior to the changes going into effect, please contact guest services to update your certificate with The Ritz-Carlton updated tier.

Thanks!

Regards,

Andrew
I did not know that we could use points at Ritz-Carlton, on previous enquiry to marriott customer service - i was told RC didn't enroll in Marrriott rewards
Old Feb 25, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite
can you get air+hotel packages with Ritz Carlton?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by ukswift88
I did not know that we could use points at Ritz-Carlton, on previous enquiry to marriott customer service - i was told RC didn't enroll in Marrriott rewards
Right...you can't EARN points at RC but you can certainly redeem them there.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ukswift88
can you get air+hotel packages with Ritz Carlton?
No
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bitburgr
Right...you can't EARN points at RC but you can certainly redeem them there.
Is it still true that you can't EARN points for a paid stay??? There seems to be a slow merging.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: KE Skypass, Asiana, Virgin, PC, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Portman Shanghai is a nice property. Shame I don't have enough points.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by danola
Is it still true that you can't EARN points for a paid stay??? There seems to be a slow merging.
The answer is, "it depends"

With the launch of Ritz-Carlton Rewards you can earn and burn at most Ritz, but see this Marriott Concierge post for examples of two properties that don't let you earn or burn points.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:24 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by danola
This is an older thread, note the OP reference to the old 2 Tier RC award levels.

This year Marriott has made the change to bring RCs into the points earning fold. Unfortunately, they also changed the award structure as well and made most RC awards more "pricey".

The end result is that, yes, you can earn points at most RCs now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.