Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
The resort fee really is a significant difference. There later this week on government business. CY doesn't have the resort fee, but doesn't have much of a pool area and is pretty substandard for a CY. Marriott has a nicer pool area, but no CL. Frankly, the pool area isn't worth the $25 considering there is a much larger pool really close ....

And the resort fee didn't show up when I chose the rate; only on the page with the totals for the stay.

Anyone have a recent (i.e., this year) reports on upgrades at the Marriott?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Jonas36
According to their website it does not include anything on parking.

"Resort Fee plus applicable taxes includes high speed internet access, local calls, long distance/international calls up to 60 mins. per day, faxes up to 20 pages per day, daily Fitness & Cultural classes, $10 off Stand Up Paddle or Surf lesson, local newspaper and one Mai Tai drink per day."

The self-parking at the hotel was $32 p/d and valet was $37. If the resort fee actually did cover parking it would be a very good value.
Sorry - I thought VickiSoCal posted a link to what the resort fee included & it mentioned parking, but that might have been in a different thread.

Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That was for Waikoloa
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
That was for Waikoloa
Waikoloa, Waikiki - potato, potahto

Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was a Hawaii hotel that started w/ a W.

Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Husband and I stayed there in early June. I emailed ahead of time stating that we were there on an award stay and that I am Platinum. I asked for a complimentary room upgrade if possible for our stay. I got a return email saying they had added the request to my reservation and when we checked in we were upgraded to a room on the 32nd floor with a view of Diamond Head and the ocean (rather than a city-view room.)
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Was there last week. Had booked an Ocean View room. Was told at check-in that I was upgraded to a Diamond Head/Ocean View room on the 32nd floor. The room turned out to only be a partial ocean view (in my opinion). I went back to the front desk and told them I had a worse view then I had reserved. They showed me the chart of rooms and what they are called. Apparently Ocean View doesn't really mean ocean view... In order to have a "true" ocean view, you will need to be in an Ocean Deluxe room or better. They ended up moving us into an Ocean Deluxe when I argued that I had paid for an ocean view but did not really have one...

You can see how they break their rooms by category here: 2012 Room Categories

I wish I had known this before booking. Also, the rooms in the front/shorter tower are MUCH nicer than the back/taller tower as it is much more recently updated.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jonas36
Was there last week. Had booked an Ocean View room. Was told at check-in that I was upgraded to a Diamond Head/Ocean View room on the 32nd floor. The room turned out to only be a partial ocean view (in my opinion). I went back to the front desk and told them I had a worse view then I had reserved. They showed me the chart of rooms and what they are called. Apparently Ocean View doesn't really mean ocean view... In order to have a "true" ocean view, you will need to be in an Ocean Deluxe room or better. They ended up moving us into an Ocean Deluxe when I argued that I had paid for an ocean view but did not really have one...

You can see how they break their rooms by category here: 2012 Room Categories

I wish I had known this before booking. Also, the rooms in the front/shorter tower are MUCH nicer than the back/taller tower as it is much more recently updated.
Thanks for the info - it will be very helpful to your fellow FTers.

Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Exec
As a follow up, here are the views from my "Diamond Head / Ocean View Room." This shows why I felt like I had been given a worse view than my reserved "Ocean View" reservation. However the standard Ocean View turned out to be simply lower floors with the same view:

Diamond Head / Ocean - Photo 1
and
Diamond Head / Ocean - Photo 2

This is the view from my Ocean Deluxe room that we were then upgraded into:

Photo 1 - Ocean Deluxe
and
Photo 2 - Ocean Deluxe

Hope this helps!!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
The resort fee really is a significant difference. There later this week on government business.
And if you're staying on a govt rate (or a corp rate tied to per diem) then the resort fee puts you over...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by scottmlew
And if you're staying on a govt rate (or a corp rate tied to per diem) then the resort fee puts you over...
+1. Before Marriott cracked down on "per diem" rates that were higher than per diem, I used to have a lot of discussion with hotels to get them to use the right rates.

Incidentally, the W-Marriott often has "government" rates that are considerably higher than per diem rates. If you read the rules, they don't expressly say they are discounts for government employees and not per diem rates.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Courtyard seesm to be using the new resort fee as a marketing tool for themselves. Searching for a room for my husband for a biz trip I get the two hotels (CY at 207 and Marriott at 249 + resort fee) the Courtyard brief description in the list that displays all avaialble hotels starts with:

"NO RESORT FEE & COMPLIMENTARY HIGH SPEED INTERNET."
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
The Courtyard seesm to be using the new resort fee as a marketing tool for themselves. Searching for a room for my husband for a biz trip I get the two hotels (CY at 207 and Marriott at 249 + resort fee) the Courtyard brief description in the list that displays all avaialble hotels starts with:

"NO RESORT FEE & COMPLIMENTARY HIGH SPEED INTERNET."
most likely because there in nothing to be able to charge for !! I mean look around you at the hotel, a small substandard pool, in the drive way, poor independently operated restaurant, bar that was added on in the conversion, and internet is or at least the last time I was there slow.

Yes to anyone that reads this I am extremely disappointed in this CY, like the Kona one a poor conversion and certainly not within the CY business travelers are use to expect.

I am a lifetime PLT currently PLT Elite and have been for four straight years, sarcastic yeppers !
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Originally Posted by edgewood49

Yes to anyone that reads this I am extremely disappointed in this CY, like the Kona one a poor conversion and certainly not within the CY business travelers are use to expect.
I thought the King kamehameha courtyard was great (for the price). It definitely had the feel of a FS conference hotel. Huge lobby, small but decent pool, small beach, on site restaurant, convenience store, shops, etc.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
I thought the King kamehameha courtyard was great (for the price). It definitely had the feel of a FS conference hotel. Huge lobby, small but decent pool, small beach, on site restaurant, convenience store, shops, etc.
you know I was one of the first guest there when they transitioned over, remember it was closed down for a long time, then I came back in a month and
still "working on it" ! I do agree it was a nice area, quiet yes, big lobby true big and vacant too
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:51 pm

I have reservations for both right now. $124 rate for the CY and $199 for the FS. We are only there for 2 nights. I have stayed at the FS before and thought it was nice. But for the short time, is it really worth the difference and the resort fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.