Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by craz
theres an ABC store across the street as well on the corner its not on Kuhio (the main drag) but on Lewers or walk out onto to Kuhio turn Right and it will right in front of you across the street (Kuhio & Lewers)
^ Went there day before yesterday when I arrived. Picked up the usual Kona coffee, sugar, half and half, Perrier and some snacks.

I am in a larger guest room. I am on the Lewers street end of the building looking north, room number x02. It has tub and shower, 32" LCD, king bed, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and balcony.

I was in x01 which is on the south side, has an ocean view, and overlooks Fort Derussey and is also a larger guest room but smaller due to the stairwell cutting out part of the rooms footprint. The biggest drawback of x01 rooms is that the shower nozzle is so close to the perpendicular shower wall that it makes it very difficult to take a shower by all but small people or kids. It sounds like maltasr may have had one of these rooms.

FWIW, both rooms were/are in good shape, no carpet stains, and walls, kitchenette areas, appliances and AC all clean and everything in working order.

My rationale for the CY, from someone who usually opts for FS properties, was $98/nt compared to $179/nt. My main activity while in Hawaii is visiting friends in Kailua, Eva Beach, and Honolulu so only spend a couple hours at the hotel in the AM usually working on weekdays. Yesterday I left at 8:30 PM and returned at 9:30 PM, today about the same is planned. My stay back in January I split 4 nights at CY and 4 nights at FS, I spent a total on 45 minutes at the FS pool which was the total extent of using the resort amenities. at the FS property HSIA is extra and parking rates are higher. The choice of CY was a no brainer in my case, YMMV.

My next stay in Sept may be different with CY rate of $119 vs FS rate of $179. We'll see what rates for Sept do over the course of the next few months since my next stay is post summer and I anticipate rates to go down as we approach.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Jan 3, 2010 at 10:45 am
Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
^ Went there day before yesterday when I arrived. Picked up the usual Kona coffee, sugar, half and half, Perrier and some snacks.

I am in a larger guest room. I am on the Lewers street end of the building looking north, room number x02. It has tub and shower, 32" LCD, king bed, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and balcony.

I was in x01 which is on the south side, has an ocean view, and overlooks Fort Derussey and is also a larger guest room but smaller due to the stairwell cutting out part of the rooms footprint. The biggest drawback of x01 rooms is that the shower nozzle is so close to the perpendicular shower wall that it makes it very difficult to take a shower by all but small people or kids. It sounds like maltasr may have had one of these rooms.

FWIW, both rooms were/are in good shape, no carpet stains, and walls, kitchenette areas, appliances and AC all clean and everything in working order.

My rationale for the CY, from someone who usually opts for FS properties, was $98/nt compared to $179/nt. My main activity while in Hawaii is visiting friends in Kailua, Eva Beach, and Honolulu so only spend a couple hours at the hotel in the AM usually working on weekdays. Yesterday I left at 8:30 PM and returned at 9:30 PM, today about the same is planned. My stay back in January I split 4 nights at CY and 4 nights at FS, I spent a total on 45 minutes at the FS pool which was the total extent of using the resort amenities. at the FS property HSIA is extra and parking rates are higher. The choice of CY was a no brainer in my case, YMMV.

My next stay in Sept may be different with CY rate of $119 vs FS rate of $179. We'll see what rates for Sept do over the course of the next few months since my next stay is post summer and I anticipate rates to go down as we approach.
You mean you left at 8:30 AM and returned at 9:30 PM don't you? Otherwise, you'd be spending an awful lot of time in the room!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aaupgrade

I stay in the other Tower its on the street where you pull up to drop off/pick-up your car from the Valet (dont know the name off hand its the 1 they use for thier address).

As I said up thread ask for a room in the building with the salt water pool, never stayed in the main building as they assured me the other Tower in fact had larger rooms. It was a suite of sorts
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I am perfectly content with the room I have. My only complaint about the other room was the shower nozzle that made it very difficult to take a shower. I was gone yesterday from 8 AM til 10 PM. Today I have some work to do this AM so won't leave until about 11 AM, but will be in Ewa Beach for dinner at friends this evening so won't be back until around 11 PM. I guess if I was here with someone else then the suite might be nice, but definitely overkill in my case.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: CO Gold, Marriott Platinum, Avis First
I've never stayed at the CY but one thing I hate about the FS Marriott is their parking garage. It is very small and I'm always deathly afraid that I'll run into someone coming around a corner. In fact, I think I ended up scratching a rental car once and incurring about $700+ in damages. That wasn't fun.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: ual 1k, marriott platinum
waikiki marriott parking question

Planning to be at the Waikiki marriott. Other than paying the 28/33 parking rates is there a more affordable option. I will be there 2 nites not much in and out.

Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Best way is not to get a rental car. That way you avoid both parking and rental car charges. No need for a car in Waikiki.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Options are:

1) Street park in front of the Marriott over night for free; just read the signs carefully...they aren't as bad as NYC. Note, you are parking here at your own risk to rental car. I have done this once w/o any problems but had a 1 way rental and was leaving for HNL at 10am or so I went and feed the meter 1st thing in the morning.

2a) Don't rent a car if most of the trip is Waikiki area. Just take a taxi or Robert's Hawaii bus from HNL to the hotel. Most tours will pick you up at your hotel. If you want a car for a day to drive around the island, just rent from Hertz downstairs in the Marriott (expensive) or some others within walking distance.

2b) Rent a car 1 way from city to HNL the last day on your stay. Leave the hotel 1st thing in the morning, drive around and end up at HNL prior to your red eye back to the mainland. Even if you include the cost of the 1 way rental; it comes out cheaper than 1 way Robert's Hawaii or cab back to HNL + 1 day rental car during the middle of the trip. This is my preferred option.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
We stayed at this hotel for a week with a rental car. On the weekend there was free street parking, and during the week we parked in a public lot directly behind the Marriott. It was $10 per day.

If you are not leaving Waikiki, skip the rental. However, we went up to the north shore, across to Lanikai beach (the most beautiful beach!), etc.

Incidently, my kids discovered that there is free wifi if you are on the balcony facing the beach.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by yul lite
We stayed at this hotel for a week with a rental car. On the weekend there was free street parking, and during the week we parked in a public lot directly behind the Marriott. It was $10 per day.

If you are not leaving Waikiki, skip the rental. However, we went up to the north shore, across to Lanikai beach (the most beautiful beach!), etc.

Incidently, my kids discovered that there is free wifi if you are on the balcony facing the beach.
+1
Old Feb 5, 2010, 8:58 pm

Marriott Waikiki: Which is the better tower?

Hi folks,

I have a stay coming up at the Marriott Waikiki and I'm wondering which of the two towers I should ask for (P-Tower or K-Tower). My main priority is getting the freshest-looking, most recently renovated room - not as concerned about beach proximity, view, etc.

The official website and Tripadvisor photos make it look like these days, the K-Tower rooms are superior in that regard. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by OHNO!NOTUAL
Not sure what your status is with Marriott, but I have stayed at the Waikiki Marriott and have only good things to stay about the hotel. It is directly accross the street from the beach, great staff, good restaurants, walking distance to a lot of Waikiki attractions, and on the three occassions I stayed there I was upgraded to an oceanfront suite. The Rennaisance was the hotel that was used to film the intro to Hawaii 50. It overlooks the Marina, but if you don't get one of those rooms I heard the others can be quite noisy. Another alternative the is close to the Ala Mona Shopping center is the Hilton. I would actually recommend this hotel over the Waikiki Marriott for the pools, beach, grounds, free shows, watersports, and on site shopping and restaurants. It is truly a resort. The only drawback with the Hilton it is healthy walk to most other Waikiki attractions
This....

Stayed at Marriott Waikiki back in the day when I was a Gold and was treated great. Upgraded to ocean view room. Only complaint was lack of elite line to check out, it was quite a deep line at checkout time...
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:33 am
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
I've only stayed there once - about 16 months ago an the K'Tower room we had was in great shape. It also had a very nice view.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
I have stayed at the Marriott Waikiki about 8 times over the last year and a half for business.

yes, the K-tower, the one closer to the beach has been updated and is newer than the P-tower. I have stayed in several rooms in the K-Tower, from partial ocean view to ocean front to ocean view. the rooms are nice and feel big because they are a square in shape. they have a slightly larger balcony than the P-tower, i think, as they can fit a chair and lounge instead of two chairs like in the P-tower.

but....

I really like the P-tower since it's about 10 floors taller than the K-tower which means you are higer up and away from the street noise and beach noise. I usually stay in the P-tower now since i can usually score a room on floors 28 and above with my Marriott Gold status. I usually ask for the diamond head view since im not in my room around sunset (still working) so i enjoy waking up to a nice sunrise.

i think the rooms in the P-tower are very nice. they have great flat screen tv's and comfy beds. they are angled balconies which is why they feel smaller in size and only have two chairs on the blacony. plus the shape of the room is a rectangle.

my advice is to ask for a room on the higest floor available to avoid noise of waikiki and dont sweat it too much on which tower they give you
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
The Marriott Waikiki is very "business like" in it's upgrade program. Plats usually (depending on availability) get upgraded to an "ocean view" room, but not suites. I have on every visit. You can then upgrade to a suite, but at a cost of $$ per night.

The JW also upgrades, but there you might get a suite, but again, depends on availability. I've had better luck there when there was something wrong with the room - like air conditioner or almost anything else you can find. Their solution to room problems is to fix it or move you up to a better category room.

The Waikiki one is more like a normal room - the rooms in the JW are huge to start off with. however, as the other poster has said, it's really more of a choice of being isolated 45 min from Waikiki or being on the edge of downtown.

If you stay downtown, you can do without a car. You could do that at the JW, but you'd have to eat on property which is expensive. And both places charge an arm and a leg for parking. I like the JW very much, but often I stay in Waikiki because it's less expensive and many more food options.

Billy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.