Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2002, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Question Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

I was wondering if anybody can give me some feedback on the Renaissance Madison Hotel in Seattle. Or if any of the other Marriott brand hotel might be better suited based on the location. I plan on using points for the room so the price isn't a determining factor. There are three of us girls going for a weeeknd so we will be doing the usual tourist stuff (Any stuff that we absolutely have to do?).
Old Jun 5, 2002, 9:22 am

We stayed at the Renaissance Madison hotel about a month ago. The hotel itself is nothing special, however the location is good for all downtown activities....most were within walking distance, and, if not, the free bus stop was close by.

There is a pool and jacuzzi, neither of which I ventured out to see. Did order room service...food arrived quickly and was good, albeit expensive as room service always is.

We were on the Concierge floor (25th????) and the entire floor was terribly warm....I do not know if this was a problem with other areas of the hotel.

As a Platinum, we were not upgraded to any significantly wonderful room. I know TravelWeary stayed there at the same time we did and she DID receive an upgrade, so maybe she can comment further.

As far as touristy things, there are amazing shopping options in downtown Seattle. Great places to eat as well. The Space Needle gives an outrageous view. Plenty of museums and fun spots in the City, especially down by the waterfront. There are also many local breweries and wineries if you will have access to a car.

[This message has been edited by flyerwife (edited 06-05-2002).]
Old Jun 5, 2002, 10:56 am

The Renaissance is a fairly nice hotel, within a reasonable distance of downtown Seattle. The rooms are quite decent, although the proximity of the hotel to the highway means that road noise is hard to avoid. Try to get a room on an upper floor facing west to minimize it. Not sure if upgrades are applicable, but the Ren usually upgrades me (MR Plat) to a corner room.

One thing to note: The position of the Renaissance atop a fairly steep hill running down to the water means that walking to and from the hotel will provide a fair bit of exercise - this can be a good or a bad thing (definitely bad if you've been indulging in Seattle's mediocre nightlife). There are hotels in better positions for sightseeing - I'm at the Elliott Hyatt right now, which is a great hotel. For Marriott hotels, I believe that there is a Residence Inn close to the Hyatt, which might be a great choice - have a look on marriott.com.

Hope that helps,
-Zombie-
Old Jun 5, 2002, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
I was also just in this hotel one month ago, and on the Concierge floor as well! (probably passed you in the elevator flyerwife!)

I thought it was a fine hotel, and being a Seattle native, the steep hills werent that big of a deal to me. I hadnt been home in over 10 years, so every morning I had the Salmon plate in the lower restaraunt. I dont miss the rain, but I sure do miss the fresh Salmon!

There is also a Ruth's Chris steakhouse around the corner. Yum!

It was strange seing Seattle after 10 years. No Kingdome. No Rainer Brewery. Odd.

As for "Must Do" stuff...

1. Space Needle & Seattle Center. A seattle icon.

2. Pike Place Market on the waterfront. Another Icon. This is where they throw the fish you may have seen on TV. Great shopping.

3. Seafood, Seafood, Seafood. For a fun snack while walking the waterfront, go to Ivars Clam Bar, and get a bucket of clams and fry's. Eat the clams and throw the fries to the Seagulls. It's a riot to watch em' divebomb for them.

If Mt. Rainer interests you and you are the outdoorsy type, rent a car and drive up to Crystal Mountain ski resort. In the summer they still operate the chair lifts for hiking. From the summit you are so close to Mt. Rainer you could reach out and touch it. The best view you will ever see, and a great day trip. Breathtakingly beautiful.

[This message has been edited by Pointfreak! (edited 06-05-2002).]
Old Jun 5, 2002, 4:12 pm

My personal favourite is the Residence Inn at Lake Union - about 5 mins from downtown driving, and close to the awesome Cafe Ladro (voted best coffee in Seattle).

Love the fact that all rooms are one bedroom apartments, not a regular suite. The view to lake Union and the marina is quite nice as well.
Old Jun 6, 2002, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
I agree with dolcevita - the Marriott Residence Inn on Lake Union is very nice. Spent many nights there in the process of moving to Seattle 2 years ago. Be sure to get a lake view room.
We rent a room there for the July 4th fireworks on the Lake and invite a few friends. The location is not downtown but I think they run a shuttle.
You will be too late for copper river salmon but the seafood is very plentiful and guaranteed fresh. Outstanding restaurants. Although I have not yet been, I am told the Experience Music Project is quite a treat although a bit expensive. On a nice day, take a ferry to Bainbridge. The return to downtown is beautiful and the ferries are spectacularly well maintained.
For a nice lunch or dinner, go to Maximillien's (in Pike Place Market - a bit hard to find but go just ot he left of the fish throwers. Small restaurant with great views of the harbor.
You are in for a treat - if the weather cooperates.
Old Jun 6, 2002, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
One more thing not to miss: if you can find someone who can direct you to Kerry Park, go late evening on a clear day and you will see an awesome view of downtown, Elliott Bay with ferries coming and going, and Mt Ranier looming in the background. And if it happens to be full moon, go at sunset and watch the moon rise over Ranier. You will have to compete with many photographers in the latter case, but it will be worth it. We take all of our visitors there and they often want to go back for a second view.
Old Jun 7, 2002, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I've stayed at the Ren as well. Nice hotel, great location. As for must do's, I'd skip the space needle if you've ever been in anything like it before...just another tower with a spinning floor.

Go to Pioneer Square (think that's what it's called).

Free bus transportation in downtown Seattle.

Take a ferry across the sound...very cool.

Have a Pyramid brew at the brew pub!
Old Jun 7, 2002, 3:26 pm
In Memoriam

If you do stay at the Renaissance Madison and are asked if you would like a wake-up call, be sure to say, yes. This is a specialty of the hotel. You call the night before and order coffee or tea for X number of people. At the specified wakeup time, your phone will ring and when you open your door, you will find a tray with your morning paper (even on weekends) and a pot of coffee or tea. The coffee's not bad either. I love this service and even order wakeup calls on weekends there.

I have stayed here several times as it is a good location to walk to Safeco Field. I am a lowly Silver but even on award and 2-for-1 stays have been greeted as a returning customer and upon request have always been given a corner suite. These were all weekend stays however.
Old Jun 7, 2002, 11:07 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
This is a very nice hotel for a downtown hotel.

The morning coffee (no charge) is wonderful.

Many rooms have great views, even of Interstate 5 :-)
Old Jun 9, 2002, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the SEA airport Marriott about a year ago on a $59 rate. I the price was fair.

If you plan on staying there, avoid any room facing the indoor pool. It is located in a large multi-floor atrium and the noise can be horrendous.

On weekends, the lounge is closed. The breakfasts coupons given to Gold/Platinum entitle you to the Healthy Start buffet which was quite nice.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 12:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BillMorrow:
I stayed at the SEA airport Marriott about a year ago on a $59 rate. I the price was fair.

If you plan on staying there, avoid any room facing the indoor pool. It is located in a large multi-floor atrium and the noise can be horrendous.

On weekends, the lounge is closed. The breakfasts coupons given to Gold/Platinum entitle you to the Healthy Start buffet which was quite nice.
</font>
Does the Sea-Tac Marriott offer transportation to downtown? If not, is there a convenient public bus line from this hotel to the downtown touristy areas?
Old Oct 25, 2002, 1:59 pm
PSC 1K

Scotch - no to ur 1st question. Don't know the answer to ur second one. BTW - they are running the $59 per night around the holidays. Got two rooms for that rate from 22-28 Dec. If u qualify, try for the "high rise" part. Much less noise. Even in those rooms not facing the pool area seems like lots of kids run the long halls in the middle of the night.

Old Oct 25, 2002, 2:14 pm

Thanks PSC.
Old Oct 26, 2002, 2:59 am

If you are going to stay at the Residence
Inn or Courtyard in the Lake Union area
Beepos(sic) Restaurant is a must. Unfortunatley you don't have enough people in your party for the Pope Room. Also, there is a flat cab rate into the city, and some cabs don't have it posted, approx. $25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.