Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Just For You Promotion August 15-Nov 15, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold

Marriott Rewards has a new “Just For You” targeted promotion for 5,000 bonus points for every second stay for stays between August 15 and November 15, 2013, for maximum of 50,000 bonus points after 20 stays.

The unfortuante thing is this is TARGETED at Silver Members. I tried signing up for the promo and it would not let me so I called Marriott Rewards and the customer service agent would not agree to sign me up because she said the promo was for Silver Members Only. I then hung and called back and got a different person but the same comment and no sign up again.

Anyone having any luck signing up for this promo that is not a Silver Marriott Member?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
It's only for Silver members. The end.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I don't think it's for all silvers. I am currently a silver member and I cannot sign up for the promotion since it's targeted.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:38 pm

I was a Silver until about a week ago when I got the upgrade to Gold as I am a United Premier.

I didn't get an email on this promo but the website did have it listed in the "your promotions" section and I did register.

May have been in process though before the Gold came through or maybe they don't count me as a real Gold.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I have a friend who's a Silver that's stopping by this afternoon. I'll let her know & tell her to check her account to see if she's targeted.

Cheers.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Not in my account and I'm silver. Anybody have a link?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
http://marriottrewards.com/JustForMe

Doesn't work for me, sadly (I am Silver).
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Apparently it wasn't JustForYou

(it's not JustForMe either).
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
When signing in on the front page of the website, then clicking on "promotions", I get (bolding mine)

Promotion Central

Latest Updates
No updates yet, check again soon.

Go to Promo Central

You’re On Your Way

So, maybe the Gold version of "You're on your way" promo is truly coming soon. Otherwise, why would they give it its own heading? Just a tease?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
Yep ... Platinum Premier here .. Just another promo we are not included in . You know I cannot remember a promotion directed at us ? Can you say "take advantage of !! ".
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
When signing in on the front page of the website, then clicking on "promotions", I get (bolding mine)

Promotion Central

Latest Updates

Go to Promo Central

You’re On Your Way

So, maybe the Gold version of "You're on your way" promo is truly coming soon. Otherwise, why would they give it its own heading? Just a tease?
Isn't "You're On Your Way" always there? Just like "Latest Updates"? Isn't that where your current progress against a promotion is shown (E.g. you've completed 12 of the 20 nights for the MegaBonus - you're on the way.)

My PLT and wifey's Dirt accounts both show the same thing.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 4getofn
Yep ... Platinum Premier here .. Just another promo we are not included in . You know I cannot remember a promotion directed at us ? Can you say "take advantage of !! ".
If you stay enough for PP, they probably figure they don't need promos to get you to stay more nights with them. And they're probably right.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'll just move on. 5,000 MR points can't do anything, unless MR is starting its own "point break".
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: Airtran, Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Sky miles, Marriott Rewards Gold, Priority Club
Originally Posted by CPRich
If you stay enough for PP, they probably figure they don't need promos to get you to stay more nights with them. And they're probably right.
Marriott will continue to care less and less about their top elites until they actually stop staying - not threaten to. Sometimes it pays more to be silver than PP. Strange days indeed, most peculiar mama...for all elites
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:45 pm

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
I'm just curious... Is this an offer that Silver member's are able to qualify for IN ADDITION TO the current summer mega bonus (or whatever they're calling it these days)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.