Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Information regarding Spring 2013 MegaMiles promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil

I'm currently registered to earn Points, so I might not have received an e-mail, but has there been any news about a Spring MegaMiles promotion? It looks like it ran 1/1-4/30 in 2012.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Nothing here
Old Dec 15, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by DoctorK
I'm currently registered to earn Points, so I might not have received an e-mail, but has there been any news about a Spring MegaMiles promotion? It looks like it ran 1/1-4/30 in 2012.
It will more likely run Feb 1-May 1 this year because the current megabonus run through 1/15. Haven't seen anything yet though.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mega Miles and Mega Bonus have different timetables.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
if they run the bonus over the same period as they've done for the past several yrs it will be 01 Feb to 30 April............
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
if they run the bonus over the same period as they've done for the past several yrs it will be 01 Feb to 30 April............
It looks like in 2010 and 2011 MegaMiles was indeed Feb 1 - April 30, but in 2012 it was Jan 1 - April 30 as per this link.

I pushed a bunch of stays into 4Q to max out my certs under MegaBonus thinking I'd switch to Miles on Jan 1 but I guess that wasn't really necessary.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spring 2013 MegaMiles (Feb/Mar/Apr): register Jan 10; "personalized" offers?

I just found this "Marriott Insiders" web page:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott...2013-megamiles

which says that:

1. MegaMiles is returning for Feb 1 through Apr 30, 2013.

2. Registration and further details will be available Jan 10 (at http://www.marriottrewards.com/MegaMiles or your Promotion Central*).

and (this seems new?):

3. That the offers will be "personalized".

There's no list of offers or even participating airlines yet that I know of. Apparently that information will only be available when registration opens Jan 10?

The MegaBonus promotion has been "personalized" for some time. But has the MegaMiles promotion ever been "personalized" before? I was under the impression that up to now it was always the same offer for everyone? True or not?

*Reminder: You may not be able to see your MegaMiles offer if your earning preference is set to Points. You may have to change your earning preference to miles (just momentarily if your currently pursuing Marriott points) to see your megaMiles offer (after Jan 10).

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 8, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[removed circular link to this thread after merging]

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 8, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Some MegaBonus then some MegaMiles?

My search for swtiching promotions yielded results showing when people were targetted with one promo but wanted a different one (and the varying levels of difficulty some were having!).

The answer here is likely NO but let me ask the experts -- is it possible to enroll in MegaBonus and earn the free night certs (for example), THEN switch to the MegaMiles promo to earn double miles for the duration of the offer period? Or is it ONLY one promo period?

I'm still getting used to the Marriott program after taking the Plat challenge late last year. thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer
My search for swtiching promotions yielded results showing when people were targetted with one promo but wanted a different one (and the varying levels of difficulty some were having!).

The answer here is likely NO but let me ask the experts -- is it possible to enroll in MegaBonus and earn the free night certs (for example), THEN switch to the MegaMiles promo to earn double miles for the duration of the offer period? Or is it ONLY one promo period?

I'm still getting used to the Marriott program after taking the Plat challenge late last year. thanks.
Yes, I'm fairly sure it is.

At least it used to be - after earning the free nights, change your earning preference to miles and then register for megamiles....

IIRC, I did this a few years back when the megamiles bonus for DL was 5K miles per night or per stay.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I know you could do it in years past; no idea if you still can do so.

Cheers.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm already registered for my (targeted variation) of the Spring 2013 MegaBonus. After switching (temporarily) to miles earning, right now I'm able to also register for the Spring 2013 MegaMiles. So I don't see why it shouldn't continue to work.

You can't earn both miles and (normal) Marriott points on the same stay. You have to have your earnings preference set to Marriott points to earn those and to earn under MegaBonus, while you have to have your earnings preference set to miles to earn those and to earn under MegaMiles.

So if you can register for both, I don't see why you wouldn't earn for both (if you did some stays to earn points and other stays to earn miles).

But consider your particular offers carefully to decide which one to "max out" and which one to do "only after the other one is maxed out". For example, my MegaMiles offer is "just" double miles, which is "poor" compared to previous offers, and poor compared to my MegaBonus offer. So in my case I'm going to make sure I max out my MegaBonus, and only do MegaMiles if there's more stays (than I need for MegaBonus) that I can do at Marriott before both promos end. (Note, in previous cycles, the promos didn't tend to start and end on the same dates, only partially overlap, but this time they both start and both end on the very same dates.)
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, it's live at Promotion Central (if you change your earning preference, at least temporarily, to miles).

But my targeted MegaMiles promo is wimpy indeed:
Marriott Rewards MegaMiles 2013

This is your year to soar. Earn double miles with every stay, starting with your second stay—and get to your dream destination twice as fast.

Here’s your flight plan. It's easy to earn double miles:
  • Register by April 30, 2013 at MarriottRewards.com/MegaMiles
  • Stay between February 1 – April 30, 2013
  • Earn double miles with every stay, starting with your second stay

If you have a different offer, what is it?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

That's the offer I have. 1200 Southwest Rapid Rewards points (valued at $20) isn't terribly attractive compared with the option of a free Cat 4 night after 2 stays. That's worth well more than the $40 value of 2400 Southwest points.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question Well what are everyones thoughts? Here are the details

We all are going to have a choice on how we earn your miles so what does everyone think? Are you signing up for Double Miles or the Double Points promotion?

Double Miles:

Earning period is February 1 – April 30, 2013.

Enrollment and registration with Marriott Rewards® is required to be eligible for this promotion.

A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Members electing to earn Marriott Rewards points are not eligible for this promotion.

This Marriott Rewards promotional offer is valid only for qualifying stays you personally make at participating Marriott® brand hotels.

Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and MVC owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.

Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.

Base miles will be earned for each paid stay, PLUS earn double miles every paid stay, beginning with the second stay.

Marriott Rewards base mileage earned for qualifying charges is calculated based on the airline loyalty program’s “currency” (points or miles).

To review base mileage calculations, click here.

For participating airline partners whose earning currency is in kilometers, bonus miles earned will be converted into kilometers at a conversion rate of 1.6 prior to posting to member’s preferred airline account.

Miles earned on all qualifying charges at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club® brands; and on room rate only at EDITION®, AC Hotels by Marriott(SM), Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott® and TownePlace Suites by Marriott® brands.

Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.

Miles are earned based on qualifying charges that are charged to the hotel room: room rate, meals, beverages, phone calls, movies, purchases at a Marriott-operated Gift Shop.

Non-qualifying charges are: taxes, paid outs, gift certificate redemption/gift card purchases, banquet, catering and group charges.

All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.

Visit Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions for complete details.

Allow 4 to 6 weeks after promotion ends for miles to be posted to your airline/miles preferred program account.

All program terms and conditions of your preferred airline/miles program apply.

You may go to MarriottRewards.com/MyAccount to update your account with your preferred airline/miles program.

6000 miles after 10 nights and 10000 additional bonus miles after 20 nights:

Registration is required.

Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by April 30, 2013 will earn 6,000 bonus miles after 10 paid nights plus an additional 10,000 bonus miles after 20 paid nights – up to a maximum of 16,000 bonus miles for stays made between February 1 and April 30, 2013, at participating Marriott properties.

The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable.

Members electing to earn Marriott Rewards points are not eligible for this promotion.

This Marriott Rewards promotional offer is valid only for qualifying stays you personally make at participating Marriott® brand hotels.

Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.

Allow 4 to 6 weeks after promotion ends for miles to be posted to your airline/miles preferred program account.

All program terms and conditions of your preferred airline/miles program apply.

You may go to MarriottRewards.com/MyAccount to update your account with your preferred airline/miles program.

For participating airline partners whose earning currency is in kilometers, bonus miles earned will be converted into kilometers at a conversion rate of 1.6 prior to posting to member’s preferred airline account.

Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift.

Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.

Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®.

Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.

All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.

Visit MarriottRewards.com or call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Support office for complete details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.