Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by uclalum
THis is the current "Unexpected Bonus" for new members.

"Earn up to two free nights at any of our 3,600+ hotels worldwide with Marriott RewardsŪ Unexpected Bonus.
See Details

To earn your free nights:
•Register by July 31, 2013
•Stay twice at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
•Earn one free night after each second paid stay, up to two free nights
•Enjoy your free nights at any category 1-5 hotel worldwide"

As a GE, when I log in, mine is:

"Earn up to 45,000 bonus points when you stay at any of our 3,600+ hotels worldwide with Marriott RewardsŪ Unexpected Bonus.

See Details

To earn your bonus points:
•Register by July 31, 2013
•Stay 15 paid nights at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
•Earn 25,000 bonus points, plus an additional 2,000 points after each additional paid night (up to 45,000 points)"

I am not going to be able to do it. Any Elite members have luck calling a requesting to switch to the offer for new members?

What other offers are out there?
That's true... it all depends on the rep you get on the phone. My advice would be to ask to be switched and if the representative refuses, just call back another time and ask a different agent. That's worked for me in the past!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: All
I was just forwarded an email from a colleague regarding an upcoming Ritz-Carlton promotion. Here's the meat of it:
Stay for any five nights between July 1 and October 31, 2013 and receive 50,000 Ritz-Carlton RewardsŪ bonus points. Stay any additional five nights and earn another 50,000 bonus points—up to 100,000 Ritz-Carlton Rewards bonus points.

Register
I thought I would give this promotion a go, since I have the option to stay at a Ritz every week. (I generally stay in a Marriott so I can use their CL.) I mean really, 100,000 points for 10 nights? That's incredible.

The problem is, if I click the registration link and enter my Marriott Rewards number, the system tells me that I am not eligible.

My colleague tells me that I may need to convert my Marriott Rewards account into a Ritz-Carlton Rewards account. Even though the rewards programs are now combined, perhaps there is still some systematic difference between the two.

Do you all know if there is any truth to this, and if so how one would go about doing so? Would there be any drawbacks?

Apologies if this is posted in the incorrect place; feel free to move the post as needed.

Last edited by abw1987; Jun 24, 2013 at 11:57 am Reason: Removed personal email address from registration URL
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
Originally Posted by abw1987
I was just forwarded an email from a colleague regarding an upcoming Ritz-Carlton promotion. Here's the meat of it:

I thought I would give this promotion a go, since I have the option to stay at a Ritz every week. (I generally stay in a Marriott so I can use their CL.) I mean really, 100,000 points for 10 nights? That's incredible.

The problem is, if I click the registration link and enter my Marriott Rewards number, the system tells me that I am not eligible.

My colleague tells me that I may need to convert my Marriott Rewards account into a Ritz-Carlton Rewards account. Even though the rewards programs are now combined, perhaps there is still some systematic difference between the two.

Do you all know if there is any truth to this, and if so how one would go about doing so? Would there be any drawbacks?

Apologies if this is posted in the incorrect place; feel free to move the post as needed.
LoyaltyLobby has a post on it: http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/06/05/r...ery-two-stays/

I used a link contained on the linked page and got myself registered.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by georgebaz
LoyaltyLobby has a post on it: http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/06/05/r...ery-two-stays/

I used a link contained on the linked page and got myself registered.
Hmm... is that the same promotion though? It looks like this promotion awards certs rather than points. If it's truly 1 free night for every 2 stays, that's pretty amazing. I could probably rack up a dozen certs during the promotion period, if I hotel hop during the week. But then I'd only be able to use them at Ritz properties, not all Marriott properties.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
Hmm... is that the same promotion though? It looks like this promotion awards certs rather than points. If it's truly 1 free night for every 2 stays, that's pretty amazing. I could probably rack up a dozen certs during the promotion period, if I hotel hop during the week. But then I'd only be able to use them at Ritz properties, not all Marriott properties.
It's limited to two certificates, unfortunately. And yes, Ritz only.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:13 pm

So I just transferred my Marriott account to a Ritz account using this link:
https://reservations.ritzcarlton.com...ardsAccount.mi

I read up on a couple threads, and apparently there's no drawback to this. Supposedly the only difference is the email communications you get. Plus, you should be able to revert back to Marriott at any time.

However, I'm still unable to sign up for the promotion I posted earlier! Maybe I'll try calling them.

One unfortunate side effect of this change is that I no longer see "Promotion Central" when I log into my rewards account. But when I use a direct link (like [url=https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotionCentral.mi]this[.url]), I can get to Promotion Central.

Hopefully there's an easy way to switch my account back to Marriott, if I ever need to.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The terms are clear, the promotion is only good for current RC Rewards members or new RCR memers who are not already Marriott members.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
The terms are clear, the promotion is only good for current RC Rewards members or new RCR memers who are not already Marriott members.
Well that clears it up. I must not have read the fine print carefully enough. You are correct:

Members of The Ritz - Carlton Rewards program as of June 4, 2013, and new members who were not previously members of the Marriott RewardsŪ program are eligible to receive this offer.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold

Hey, that's a great promotion. I just signed up. Thank You!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Just In

Register by November 15, 2013
Stay between September 15, 2013 and January 15, 2014
Earn 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 after 18 paid nights, up to 40,000 bonus points
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I got 35.000 for 20 paid nights, and an additional 15.000 after 25 paid nights.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:49 am

I got a free cat 1-5 cert for every other paid stay (up to 2 certs). Weird... first time I've ever gotten certs as opposed to points.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:51 am

Does anyone know if nights booked through a third party count as nights stayed for this megabonus. I have 7 nights coming up at a Marriott Vacation Club in December but they were booked through Interval International (had to burn the interval certificate by year end so staying either way with this but it would be nice to know that have 7 nights toward my 20 in the bank.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I completed previous one (35k+10k for 20/25 nights) and called to switch to 35k/20 + 2k/night up to 55k total and since I was already at 27 nights I got 4k immediately and end of week I'll get 6k as I'll complete last 3 nights.

However I don't see new promo yet.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by iztok
However I don't see new promo yet.
I saw it right on the homepage as one of the floating tiles just to the left of the reservation tile. Labeled "Megabonus."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.