Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hello Weekends: Introducing Marriott Bonvoy Escapes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 9:08 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy

Exciting news: We’re making last-minute getaways better with Marriott Bonvoy Escapes—and you get first dibs. Marriott Bonvoy Escapes is a five-day sale starting every other Wednesday with the latest travel deals. Plus, Marriott Bonvoy members save 20% (non-members save 15%).

Discover new offers every other Wednesday, beginning May 8, 2019, on the Marriott Bonvoy Escapes site. Book Wednesday through Sunday for stays at select hotels the following four weekends (Thursday through Sunday), and all days of the week at resorts. Here’s a sneak peek at the offers that go live today:Be sure to check back at the Marriott Bonvoy Escapes site every other Wednesday for new deals.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: Some
Hmm, do I infer correctly from the website that, as per usual with Marriott, this is only applicable for North America and a big fat finger to everyone else? Great.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Just looked at the site, and unless I completely missed something, there is no list of participating properties. You have to search the city you want and then maybe you'll see a property. That's really annoying (and far too much work) when I might be interested in a quick weekend jaunt if there is a hotel I like, at the right price, within a few hours drive. I'm not going to search every possible permutation of city within a reasonable driving distance every two weeks.
l380, Lizie, KRSW and 6 others like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I really wish Marriott could create more promotions for members outside NA and also maybe target them with Double Nights offer more often to compensate the lack of CC night credit which is unavailable outside NA (except select countries)
Old May 8, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Just looked at the site, and unless I completely missed something, there is no list of participating properties. You have to search the city you want and then maybe you'll see a property. That's really annoying (and far too much work) when I might be interested in a quick weekend jaunt if there is a hotel I like, at the right price, within a few hours drive. I'm not going to search every possible permutation of city within a reasonable driving distance every two weeks.
I understand your point, but most people have somewhere they want to go, and then they find a hotel. I don't blame Marriott for going with the 80/20 rule. You can't build something that would please everyone.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by JBord
I understand your point, but most people have somewhere they want to go, and then they find a hotel. I don't blame Marriott for going with the 80/20 rule. You can't build something that would please everyone.
the airlines seem to be able to do this.
mikesyr18, KRSW, dgreen12 and 1 others like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
It is not NA only! Looked at Paris, London, Sydney, Amsterdam and found rates.

Old May 8, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by JBord
Under SPG's last minute site (both "Beat the Timer" and whatever replaced it) you could search for a city, OR see a list of all cities. So it's quite possible and easy enough to do offer both. Marriott has decided not to, just like they've chosen not to allow people to sort by price on the booking page.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by CloneCones

The Special Rate is more expensive than the prepay and save rate and deal and packages rates? Have I missed something?
Old May 8, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by Lizie
The Special Rate is more expensive than the prepay and save rate and deal and packages rates? Have I missed something?
Nope. I saw that nearly everywhere. I was just pointing out it wasn't NA only.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:37 pm

Nope. I saw that nearly everywhere. I was just pointing out it wasn't NA only.
So the special offer is......pay more? How is that a 20% saving when two other rates are cheaper?
Old May 8, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Under SPG's last minute site (both "Beat the Timer" and whatever replaced it) you could search for a city, OR see a list of all cities. So it's quite possible and easy enough to do offer both. Marriott has decided not to, just like they've chosen not to allow people to sort by price on the booking page.
I doubt it was a conscious decision by Marriott “not to”. More likely, Marriott’s 1990’s website “can’t”.
KRSW likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:27 pm

This is a promotional rate using promo code MEB. It's a rehash of the Last Minute Deals (or SPG's Hot Escapes). The promo code is available anywhere (not just the Americas) so long the hotel participates. The idea is you book a last minute weekend holiday on a participating hotel at a discounted rate. But as we all know, hotels set the rate so sometimes the price difference is not by much or even higher. Here's the T&C:

Terms & Conditions:

Availability is extremely limited while supplies last. Specifics of each offer can be found on the offer’s booking page. Rates are prepaid, non-cancelable, non-changeable, and non-refundable. Advance bookings are required and must be guaranteed with a credit card. Rates are per night. Thursday requires a Friday night stay. Sunday requires a Saturday night stay. A limited number of rooms are available and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Rates are offered Thursday through Sunday. Rates are for standard rooms, per night and based on single or double occupancy. Rates are commissionable and do not include taxes, fees, other costs or gratuities. Rates cannot be used in conjunction with other offers and/or discounts. Promotional rates do not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms. Rates are quoted in local currency. Rates booked directly on Marriott booking channels, such as marriott.com, are eligible for Marriott Bonvoy™ points. Rates booked through most third-party online retailers, such as Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline and select travel agent rates do not qualify for Marriott Bonvoy™ points. Participating resorts are available all days of week, subject to availability. This promotion is not available at St. Regis, The Ritz-Carlton, Edition, Bulgari and Design Hotels.
KRSW likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:46 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
How ?

When I type Paris or London or Sydney or Amsterdam into the Destination field, all return “Results not found”.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Lizie
So the special offer is......pay more? How is that a 20% saving when two other rates are cheaper?
I posted a similar question earlier but it looks like it may have gotten deleted. I tested this rate in Orlando, which is one of the cities listed on the landing page, for some weekend dates in the coverage period. This "20% off" rate is only $4 per night lower than the prepaid rates I'm seeing at the properties that will offer the rate ($129 vs. $133 and $153 vs. $157 if I'm remembering right). Where does "20%" come from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.