Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:23 pm

You're cash advance limit is probably set to $0 and citi is considering it a cash advance.

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Been loading this with Hilton Reserve in pursuit of Diamond status. all of sudden i got a please verify your payment information error. I checked and all my information was correct...i can load with my Ink but not my hilton reserve. Anyone else run into this problem before? It's like they blocked my hilton reserve card.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by sgideons
Interestingly the Club Carlson business card didn't give the reduced US Bank fees. I'll report if miles post.
What about the personal Club Carlson card?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by glynot
Quote:

Interestingly the Club Carlson business card didn't give the reduced US Bank fees. I'll report if miles post.

What about the personal Club Carlson card?
My understanding from reports here is that most (all?) us bank personal cards are getting the reduced fees but are not posting miles.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by 22calbr
You're cash advance limit is probably set to $0 and citi is considering it a cash advance.
Nope all my other Visa Buxx transactions have not been considered cash advances. I confirmed by looking at my last two statements. Received points for all of them. Seems as if Citi has somehow disabled Visa buxx transactions for that card. Will continue to try every day and see if it ever gets unlocked...
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:17 am

Nice....just tried Ink and am getting the same error...my Hilton Reserve cards and Ink cards still work for other transactions but for some reason i can't load Buxx with them now.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:59 am

Nice....just tried Ink and am getting the same error...my Hilton Reserve cards and Ink cards still work for other transactions but for some reason i can't load Buxx with them now.
Hope this is just a one time problem with Chase and not a permanent one like trying to use the Citi AA cards with Buxx. (most cant do NW with Citi but some have success with USB)
Note: I just loaded 1st time using Chase Ink last week when I signed up for NW Buxx and no problems but again that was last week and haven't done another load yet.

Best if we see more reports come in with FTers trying to load with Chase into either US Bank or NW buxx.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:19 am

I just loaded with a Chase BA card - no problem. (US Bank)
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:22 am

Ok, forgot to ask as this could be important, which Buxx card are you trying to load (NW or USB?)
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by sharka
Ok, forgot to ask as this could be important, which Buxx card are you trying to load (NW or USB?)
Loaded 4x with CSP and 2x with Citi AA on US Bank VisaBuxx with no issue yesterday. Loaded with CSP on nationwide today.
The first time I loaded nationwide with CSP, it was fine but Chase then started blocking all further attempts to load both flavors of Buxx cards. I had to call them and speak with their fraud dept to confirm I was making the purchases, but since that was cleared up, no more issues. May want to try calling Citi and Chase to see if your cards got flagged for possible fraud?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:50 am

Looks like USB may already be tightening up on new Buxx applications. Just got a voicemail from Buxx asking me to call and verify that I applied and to "verify some information on my application."

Don't particularly feel like explaining why I used made up numbers, so gonna let this one go...
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:58 am

Looks like USB may already be tightening up on new Buxx applications. Just got a voicemail from Buxx asking me to call and verify that I applied and to "verify some information on my application."

Don't particularly feel like explaining why I used made up numbers, so gonna let this one go...
Was this just adding a new teen to an existing parent account or a new parent+teen?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by floressalicis
Was this just adding a new teen to an existing parent account or a new parent+teen?
i think you have to use valid SSs. Although they may not match id & SSN, they may have an algorithm to check whether SS is legit or not.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by nix7
i think you have to use valid SSs. Although they may not match id & SSN, they may have an algorithm to check whether SS is legit or not.
For testing purposes, I've "fat fingered" a teen SSN once and had no issues. It could very well be a valid SSN, but if it was, that's by accident.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:19 am

@floressalicis New parent+teen
@nix7 the SSs were definitely potentially-valid (http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...on-Web-Service)
@floressalicis the account creation went through normally, received the call a few days later from a mysterious "account verification" department. Called them back, no indication what the business is, just an automated machine asking you to leave a message. Presumably some subcontractor of https://visaprepaidprocessing.com/, which I believe is responsible for all Buxx cards.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by sharka
All of mine were for the USB version.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.