Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Chase losing money due to 5/24?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Is Chase losing money due to 5/24?

I was just wondering what everyone (MSer's ) thought about this. I know I used to spend tens of thousand of dollars on Chase cards. But since this policy was enacted, I find myself spending only hundreds of dollars on chase cards. I have since moved on to other banks for spending. Or did they stopped the $$$ bleeding of shelling out bonuses where there are now making more money this way.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Other banks are doing the same thing,

If a business lowers its price 10%, it must increase its volume 25% to make the same profit.

Chase decreased their turnover more than 10%, if your spending was real,

Are you now paying cash..or have you noticed the value of your miles has declined..

My money is on the bank..
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by satman40

If a business lowers its price 10%, it must increase its volume 25% to make the same profit.
I assume you're using this as an example, not hard-and-fast or even rule of thumb. You'd have to know the original profit margin to solve the equation.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by satman40

Chase decreased their turnover more than 10%, if your spending was real,

Are you now paying cash..or have you noticed the value of your miles has declined..

My money is on the bank..
Increase in volume by way of MS is of no benefit to banks. Otherwise every bank would have put out reward cards. In fact increase in volume due to MS is harmful to the banks. MS is like a foam on a glass of beer.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by EWRfflyer
I used to spend tens of thousand of dollars on Chase cards. But since this policy was enacted, I find myself spending only hundreds of dollars on chase cards. .
Plenty of people still do and with the right cards earn six K points , why did you stop? Got caught without the right mix of cards? PCing to no AF variant would still earn you six K of points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.