Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cards sold at Macerich mall properties

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Cards sold at Macerich mall properties

Any experience, insight, etc. regarding GCs sold at Macerich properties? Specifically interested in who's the issuing bank, e.g., Meta, USB, etc. Thanks.

Properties: http://www.macerich.com/Leasing/Find
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Sunrise
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat
Any experience, insight, etc. regarding GCs sold at Macerich properties? Specifically interested in who's the issuing bank, e.g., Meta, USB, etc. Thanks.

Properties: http://www.macerich.com/Leasing/Find
Exact same process as Simon. MS-friendly, max $10k/day. Fee slightly higher at $4.95/GC. Need to show ID. Issuing bank is Sunrise.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: Several dozen
No Macerich Malls by me, but out of curiosity do their Sunnies go postal?

Originally Posted by digitalpop
Exact same process as Simon. MS-friendly, max $10k/day. Fee slightly higher at $4.95/GC. Need to show ID. Issuing bank is Sunrise.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
No Macerich Malls by me, but out of curiosity do their Sunnies go postal?
Alas no, they do not. Have tried in the past ~3 months with no luck.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Confirming above: no joy on sunnies at my p.o. today, thought I'd try.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: Several dozen
Meta and Sunnies are likely blocked at some form of USPS lookup table. Being a retired IT auditor, I am curious if the lookup involves the first 4, 6, or 8 card numbers. Depending on the number of card numbers, Marie Laveau could go postal since she has a history of raising the dead in unexpected places.

XXX

Originally Posted by tuphat
Confirming above: no joy on sunnies at my p.o. today, thought I'd try.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:40 am

Tysons Corner is a Macerich Mall. They have this program with shopper rewards. When I first heard about it I thought I came across a gold mine nobody else had found yet. Basically you create an account and give them your credit card number and somehow they can know when you spend anything at any merchant in the whole mall. You get $10 in rewards for every $250 you spend I think up to $1000 in a single purchase. It worked when I bought visa gift cards. It's a little deceiving though. You don't earn that much in rewards. Once you earn say $40, you can then redeem that to an offer on your account. The typical one is for instance $40 off a $120 purchase at XYZ store. It's OK if you wanted to actually purchase something at that store but otherwise pretty useless.

Anyways the VGC's are similar to Simon's but $1 more. I didn't have any problems with them.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:08 pm
esf

Are they 0% Venmoable?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Further to sandybestdog --

As stated, the minimum spend requirement largely negates the benefit, at least for me, since I don't usually shop the mall retailers.

Exception might be the low-end rewards, e.g. Shake Shack ($3 reward for $9 spend), Barnes & Noble ($5 reward for $15 spend).
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

via FM --

No-fee Visa gift cards this week (8/14-19). Limit 5 per customer per day.

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...ch-malls-week/
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:57 pm

I don't think my backwater mall gets much MS activity. My usual and friendly CSR was aware of the sale as soon as it started, but when I asked why there was no advertising, not even a sign, she said "Weird, isn't it?" I guess they just like pleasantly surprising regular VGC customers who were going to buy anyway. So much for their marketing savvy.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:26 am
Original Poster

FWIW, my local Macerich mall had plenty of signage on the deal, e.g., big floor cardboard sign, also counter-top sign at CS desk. Hard to believe that HQ didn't send sign pkg to each property, maybe they're too lazy to put up.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:56 am
Suspended

They say the limit is $2500 per day, is that hard coded like CVS system wide or can you hit 2 malls and get $5k?

Also where are sold out of, the mall offices like SMGCs are or is there an Info booth like SM used to be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.