Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netspend MileagePlus Go Prepaid Visa Card

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Netspend MileagePlus Go Prepaid Visa Card

I'm curious how this card can be loaded.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/netsp...130000476.html
https://www.mileageplusgo.com/
Old May 23, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Originally Posted by Nelumbo
Sure looks like it will be, just like any other NetSpend card.

Most walmarts, etc will allow reloads with the reload fee.

The really interesting earning potential with this card will be to see how they treat rewards for Debit purchases with PIN....
Old May 24, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by DeaconY
Sure looks like it will be, just like any other NetSpend card.

Most walmarts, etc will allow reloads with the reload fee.

The really interesting earning potential with this card will be to see how they treat rewards for Debit purchases with PIN....
Well, I am amazed it took sooo long for any of the big 4 airline Frequent Flyer programs to jump on this one Qantas Style. I know Australia's interchange system was just recently destroyed (for reward programs) via a cap European style. But will Netspend and its small Republic Bank be exempt from the Durbin Amendment (Dod Frank) cap on Debit Cards for being a small bank bellow the Revenue Size Cap???

If it is, then we might have a shot at using it for MS (Buying MO's) and getting Miles for Debit purchases with PIN, as we used to with BofA AS Debit Card or the DL Suntrust at Wally.

Guess we ll just have to wait another month or two to know.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:10 pm

This thing has so many fees. Not worth it.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:25 pm

Given Netspend's reputation for shutting down accounts of people who load too much onto their cards, I'm guessing they'll just shut down people who spend a lot of money on this card, making it not possible to earn a lot of miles.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It's probably worth a shot even if I do get shut down. I'd have to see the full terms to see whether the reward is worth the effort. I wonder if this can be MS'ed with a United card for multiple dips.
Old May 25, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by diburning
It's probably worth a shot even if I do get shut down. I'd have to see the full terms to see whether the reward is worth the effort. I wonder if this can be MS'ed with a United card for multiple dips.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.