Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PayPal My Cash dead at CVS?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Explorist, BA Bronze, BW Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by st0ne
this is an interest DP. never though ppmc can be reuse.
I couldn't repeat this. CVS appears dead. Anyone know of any place that still takes cc for PPMC?
Old May 11, 2017, 10:05 am

PayPal not available at CVS for 2 days

Basically, log in to your Paypal account, look on the left hand menu where you see your balance, and you should see “Add Money”. Click that. Now, you’ll see the option to add from your bank account, or "Paypal Cash". --NOT THE MY-CASH.-- Click that. You’ll be presented with options for stores that will do this for you, choose one and you’ll be presented with a barcode. Take that barcode to the store, they’ll scan it and you pay. The money should be added to your Paypal account instantly. There is still a $3.95 fee. The lady I talked to suggested that we have the barcode on our phones.

Also, in order to do this, you’ll need to have your Paypal account associated with your social security number.

Anyone want to be the Guinea Pig? :-p
Old May 11, 2017, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by eStater
Basically, log in to your Paypal account, look on the left hand menu where you see your balance, and you should see “Add Money”. Click that. Now, you’ll see the option to add from your bank account, or "Paypal Cash". --NOT THE MY-CASH.-- Click that. You’ll be presented with options for stores that will do this for you, choose one and you’ll be presented with a barcode. Take that barcode to the store, they’ll scan it and you pay. The money should be added to your Paypal account instantly. There is still a $3.95 fee. The lady I talked to suggested that we have the barcode on our phones.

Also, in order to do this, you’ll need to have your Paypal account associated with your social security number.

Anyone want to be the Guinea Pig? :-p
I thought I read a DP somewhere that this was cash only...
Old May 11, 2017, 10:18 pm

I bought the MyCash card from Walgreens a couple of months back. Have they also stopped selling it?
Old May 12, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by svasandani
I bought the MyCash card from Walgreens a couple of months back. Have they also stopped selling it?
Can confirm Walgreen still works in 20120, but cash or debit only. Dollar General and CVS are dead. Would be interested in reports for RiteAid.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:19 pm

DP for military users. AAFES registers give a (SUS) error, basically suspended. Store MGR wasn't even aware of this being shut down so didn't know to pull their cards off the shelf. I'll be trying the bar code method above in the next few days. It only gives you the option for 7 Eleven, Rite Aid and CVS. I don't know if this matters, I choose CVS so we shall see what happens when I go to load. This might be a good way to combat the fraud that was happening with these.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by halluc1nati0n
I thought I read a DP somewhere that this was cash only...
I've never been able to load using credit or debit with this method.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
PAYPAL CASH CARD -- will no longer be sold at stores

Originally Posted by Miles Man
I was told today at 2 different CVS that they are no longer selling the Pay Pal card. I also called the 800 # on the back of the card and they indicated they no longer see CVS participating. Has anyone else had this experience?
PAYPAL CASH CARD is officially over. They are phasing out the cards. You can no longer purchase them at CVS , Walgreens, 7-11 .....

For one year only, PayPal will allow reload if you already have a PAYPAL CASH CARD.

and

RELOADS ARE ONLY ALLOWED AT DOLLAR GENERAL, FAMILY DOLLAR STORES, ANT FRITZ.

However, Dollar Store and Family Dollar have confirm they will not even do reloads anymore since the card is being phased out.

4000.00 USD --- monthly load for those quick 50,000 CC Offers gone.
Old May 20, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by rrayon
For one year only, PayPal will allow reload if you already have a PAYPAL CASH CARD.

and

RELOADS ARE ONLY ALLOWED AT DOLLAR GENERAL, FAMILY DOLLAR STORES, ANT FRITZ.

However, Dollar Store and Family Dollar have confirm they will not even do reloads anymore since the card is being phased out.
I have not thrown away my reloadable PPMC, I'll try just one last load to see if my go-to DG can load it and will allow CC. If not, then I'll consider it dead.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:25 pm

PAYPAL CASH CARD -- will no longer be sold at stores

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I have not thrown away my reloadable PPMC, I'll try just one last load to see if my go-to DG can load it and will allow CC. If not, then I'll consider it dead.
Oh. I think the PPMC is different than the PayPal Cash Card... The one that they are phasing out is the one that cost 3.95 to reload and it goes direct to your PayPal Account. It doesn't have a MC / Debit Card logo.

It use to be people would go to CVS / Walgreen buy the card with CC and funds appear on your PayPal account online... then transfer to your bank account with no fee.

Naturally, you rinse by paying your CC with your bank account.

--------

How is the best way to liquidate the PPMC you are using? Just ordered mines online to see if anything can be done.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:07 pm

Oh. I think the PPMC is different than the PayPal Cash Card... The one that they are phasing out is the one that cost 3.95 to reload and it goes direct to your PayPal Account. It doesn't have a MC / Debit Card logo.

It use to be people would go to CVS / Walgreen buy the card with CC and funds appear on your PayPal account online... then transfer to your bank account with no fee.

--------

How is the best way to liquidate the PPMC you are using? Just ordered mines online to see if anything can be done.
I read that you can load the PPMC with Reloadits or MoneyPak. You just need to find a store that will sell you those cards with a CC

Edit: Sorry I misread your post. I'm referring to PP MasterCard here.

Last edited by kingofasgard; May 20, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Old May 21, 2017, 8:10 am

--------

thanks for clarifying but since you gave me an idea, I'll try n see; worse case is it won't work. lol

I was using the PPMCs to pay for online purchases via ppbdc.

Did you order the PP cash card online to see if it still works?
Old May 21, 2017, 9:49 am

PayPal PPMC

thanks for clarifying but since you gave me an idea, I'll try n see; worse case is it won't work. lol

I was using the PPMCs to pay for online purchases via ppbdc.

Did you order the PP cash card online to see if it still works?
Yup.!!! --- I just did online last night.
It's FREE if you go here... https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/

I gotta say the same thing about what happened to me after reading your post. You gave me an idea, so I order the card to try it out and see.

Plus,,, I read upstairs something about clicking the top right link on your account and taking the bar code to your local store to fund your account... I'm shooting for a barcode load with CC... hehehehe... Let's see if it works.

Oh.,,, I wonder if the cap is still the same as 4,000 per month,,, but that should be unlimited if it's a Prepaid Debit Reloadable...

Fun,,, fun,,, fun... Mwah! XOXO
Old May 21, 2017, 1:26 pm

I've been aware of the PP prepaid MC so I checked the fee schedule if there are changes for the "better" but found out I still don't agree with all fees they collect.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:58 pm

I've been aware of the PP prepaid MC so I checked the fee schedule if there are changes for the "better" but found out I still don't agree with all fees they collect.
I just had this weird idea... My bulb just lit up while brain storming.
I currently have the PayPal Business Debit MC which pays 1% on purchases.

I wonder if since I order the PayPal Prepaid MC and have it tied to my PP Account, it would be possible to use your PPBMC (which pays 1%) to purchase / load / reload your PPMC...

Money from PPMC can be transferred back to your PayPal account, and complete the circle by funding back the PayPal Business MC.

You will generate $5.00 to cover the $3.95... no need to transfer funds to your bank account, because it would circumvent with-in PayPal.

PayPal will not close your account for MS activity, because of Ebay business activity + PayPal credit for business account open at the same time.

I'm going to check on how many reloads per month if any or any limits on funding a PPMC exist.

I KNOW I'M CLOSE TO SOMETHING REALLY BIG. I KNOW IT. I hope I can nail it the way I vision it.

*** BINGO ***

I love creative accounting... Mwah! Mamibear. You are the best!

Venmo by PayPal --- limits are too little to work with... plus you need a trust worthy friend.
Bluebird -- they drop the monthly limit, plus Walmart is a headache. It still works even though people were canned early this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.