Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PayPal My Cash dead at CVS?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 7:00 pm

Wonder if PP changed their agreement with the pharmacies selling the cards? Walgreens did the same thing several months ago as well. Maybe some sort of subsidy to cover interchange fees got axed? Wish we had someone on the inside...
Old May 9, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
If u call Paypal cash (855) 721-5035 they will tell you all mycash cards will be "pulled off the shelves " at midnight tonight. If you call Paypal they will tell you that you can print a bar code from your online account and take it to cvs etc to load your account. My guess is it's cash only.
There goes the ppdmc scheme.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:06 pm

Okay, I just got off the phone with Paypal. They are ending the Paypal MyCash cards effective immediately. There is now an updated way to get money onto your Paypal account: Paypal Cash.

Basically, log in to your Paypal account, look on the left hand menu where you see your balance, and you should see "Add Money". Click that. Now, you'll see the option to add from your bank account, or Paypal Cash. Click that. You'll be presented with options for stores that will do this for you, choose one and you'll be presented with a barcode. Take that barcode to the store, they'll scan it and you pay. The money should be added to your Paypal account instantly. There is still a $3.95 fee. The lady I talked to suggested that we have the barcode on our phones.

Also, in order to do this, you'll need to have your Paypal account associated with your social security number.

Anyone want to be the Guinea Pig? :-p
Old May 9, 2017, 8:10 pm

OVGC at CVS still works..tonight got $1500 worth.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by ST4LKER
OVGC at CVS still works..tonight got $1500 worth.
works for what?
Old May 10, 2017, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
I just brought the PPMC card I've been using for months to CVS and loaded $500 via CC without issue. Not sure if it went through because I've been using the card for some time and it's not a new activation. I didn't try buying a fresh PPMC to see if it worked or not.
this is an interest DP. never though ppmc can be reuse.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by st0ne
this is an interest DP. never though ppmc can be reuse.
It had been that way for quite some time. Additionally, there was no wait for the funds to get added to your PayPal account after the initial purchase of the PPMC card. Every load after the initial was added to your PayPal account instantly.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United
Originally Posted by Miles Man
I was able to do it yesterday and was denied today. The register told the cashier to remove the card from the shelf.
Had same experience while visiting a Chicago CVS. Later on I searched and found this...

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...al-cash-cards/
Old May 10, 2017, 9:56 am

Tried at CVS today.
Confirmed paypal my cash is obsolete.
Scan the bar code from PayPal website is cash only (cash only pop up at the display)
Other gift card is as usual, can be purchased with credit card.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:33 pm

Even if PP My Cash is dead at CVS, there are still ways to use PP for hitting MS...and cheaper too...
Old May 10, 2017, 5:16 pm

Even if PP My Cash is dead at CVS, there are still ways to use PP for hitting MS...and cheaper too...
Uh.. Care to spill some beans?
Old May 10, 2017, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by halluc1nati0n
Uh.. Care to spill some beans?
Spilling beans in public?? You should know better...
Old May 10, 2017, 8:11 pm

Spilling beans in public?? You should know better...
Please tell me you're not referring to the HELLO method.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:25 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by mikeyb45
Please tell me you're not referring to the HELLO method.
Similar to HELLO, but with a twist!
Old May 11, 2017, 1:56 am

could you share a hint here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.