Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Money orders with debit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Money orders with debit cards

I haven't seen a thread on this in a long time. Given that most Walmarts no longer accept "gift" debit cards for money orders, where have people been going, particularly in the Northeast where there are no Krogers?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TechBBBFan
I haven't seen a thread on this in a long time. Given that most Walmarts no longer accept "gift" debit cards for money orders, where have people been going, particularly in the Northeast where there are no Krogers?
Please read the wiki on the Walmart MO thread.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
And by "most Walmarts" I assume you are talking about the one or two Walmarts near you?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeaconY
And by "most Walmarts" I assume you are talking about the one or two Walmarts near you?
I haven't tried, but based on the posts in the thread, it looks like most don't.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lesamuel
Please read the wiki on the Walmart MO thread.
The Wiki in the thread only mentions Walmart, and not any other store.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:40 am

Better idea for thread or wiki --

Construct and maintain a matrix, showing which types of debit cards typically accepted by which MO vendors.

Example:
USPS usually accepts Vanilla-issued Visas, but WM does not.
WM usually accepts MetaBank-issued Visas, but USPS does not.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:28 am

I haven't tried, but based on the posts in the thread, it looks like most don't.
Simply not true.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:43 am

Below is the Wiki from the Walmart MO thread in its entirety. Please tell me where you see mentions of any other store.

"This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.
READ FOR DAYS AND LEARN before trying.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All WM registers allow 4 debit swipes per transaction, but YMMV per store and cashier.

-Visas issued by MetaBank work great.
-MC issued by US bank work good, but you need to change payment type to debit before they enter the amount in the register.
-Any Vanilla product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services will not work for swipes > $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's will ever auto-drain at Walmart.

The amount of each swipe needs to be entered by the cashier. Ask to "split the payment by $$$". The Gebit must have current balance of that amount or more otherwise slip with Error 51 will print out.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction. If the cashier screws up and enters $50.00 instead of $500.00 (thus making it impossible for 4 swipes to complete the transaction), the transaction will need to be canceled. The funds should return to your cards right away but may take 24 hours, so note the time and person helping you.

MO fee is usually 70 cents each. Subtract from your total or pay in cash.

Start slow and buy one MO to see how it works. Your store or cashier may work different and have rules that other store do not have.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080"
I believe he was telling you to read the WM MO thread due to the logical fallacy upon which you based your entire post....that most Walmarts no longer accept Gebit cards.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeaconY
I believe he was telling you to read the WM MO thread due to the logical fallacy upon which you based your entire post....that most Walmarts no longer accept Gebit cards.
I thought he was referring to the other stores. In any case, I'll try with the gift cards I have. I just thought it would be futile, but if you say most of the stores still allow it, I'll believe that.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Gee. I'll have to tell the WM I just came back from, MOs in hand, that they don't sell these using GCs.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I thought he was referring to the other stores. In any case, I'll try with the gift cards I have. I just thought it would be futile, but if you say most of the stores still allow it, I'll believe that.
Do yourself a favor and make sure you are using the correct gift cards.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cruisr
Gee. I'll have to tell the WM I just came back from, MOs in hand, that they don't sell these using GCs.
Is there a reason everyone in the thread has to be obnoxious? I asked a simple question, whether anyone knew of any NON-WALMART stores that sell money orders with debit cards. If you don't know, then you don't know, and you don't have to post.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cruisr
Do yourself a favor and make sure you are using the correct gift cards.
Come again?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:03 am

Come again?
you really need to reread the wiki if you don't understand.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:39 am

Is there a reason everyone in the thread has to be obnoxious? I asked a simple question, whether anyone knew of any NON-WALMART stores that sell money orders with debit cards. If you don't know, then you don't know, and you don't have to post.
We are being 'obnoxious' because you are asking such fundamentally flawed questions that everyone here knows that you haven't done the bare minimum of reading to protect yourself.

It is apparent that you didn't read the Beginner Thread beginning to end. It is apparent that you didn't read the Walmart thread beginning to end. It is apparent that you didn't search the forum for other sources of Money Orders in your immediate area. You said Northeast. Far too generic for anyone here to assist you. Northeast as in Boston or NY? Maine or MD? From what grocery stores do you buy your milk and eggs? Do they sell MOs? Have you tried, have you asked?

The number one rule of all MS is YMMV.
The second rule of MS is do your homework.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.