Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Would it be worth it to get $500 in Greendot for $340

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

I can buy Greendot card numbers + exp date and CVV + the ability to register the card online to get a pin and a permanent card sent (<< I believe...) with a balance of $500 for roughly $320 in Ethereum from some friends.

I would purchase the Ethereum via coinbase with a 1.5% cashback card, with a 3.999% fee for the Ethereum.

Would there be a decently easy way to cashout the Greendot cards? Would this be worth it? Does anyone know if I can register multiple Greendot cards to myself?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:49 am

Sounds mighty shady. Are your "friends" selling these codes from a guy wearing dark sunglasses selling out of the back of his van in the parking lot? Or are your "friends" on whatever replaced the Silk Road site?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:50 am

Oh, and welcome to FT, new-user-whose-account-was-created-solely-to-post-about-this-mighty-shady-sounding-deal!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: Northwest, United
"Mighty shady"?

Stop with the euphemisms.

This is fraud, it's theft, it's obviously criminal - and so is anyone who touches it. Countless people - including many FTers - get screwed by scumbags doing things like this. You're going to take a neutral stance, be non-judgemental, and give this thief advice?

Hey OP: I hope you get all the karma you deserve.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Nickod777

Would there be a decently easy way to cashout the Greendot cards? Would this be worth it? Does anyone know if I can register multiple Greendot cards to myself?
easy is always relative, what's easy for me may not be for you, and vice-versa;

it all depends on you if something is worth doing PROVIDED it is legit;

try registering one and let us all know.

Welcome to FT!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Nickod777
I can buy Greendot card numbers + exp date and CVV + the ability to register the card online to get a pin and a permanent card sent (<< I believe...) with a balance of $500 for roughly $320 in Ethereum from some friends.

I would purchase the Ethereum via coinbase with a 1.5% cashback card, with a 3.999% fee for the Ethereum.

Wow, just wow. How on earth do you not know this is fraud, or do you just not care. Think about it.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:41 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

This is evidently fraud, which we do not discuss on Flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.