Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Anyone having issue with GiftCardMall online order? I placed 2 orders and got delivered yesterday and none of the cards are activated. The customer service told me they will escalate the issue to the supervisors.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn
Anyone having issue with GiftCardMall online order? I placed 2 orders and got delivered yesterday and none of the cards are activated. The customer service told me they will escalate the issue to the supervisors.
Same problem for me.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:55 pm

Just had two more orders of 3x500 arrive unactivated. Orders were placed on 12/26 and 12/28. Grr. I also received 4x500 Fivebacks, each in a separate envelope. They come on a piece of paper that says call this number to activate. I called, entered card number, exp, and CVC number as prompted - it just stated that my available balance is 500. Is it truly necessary to call to activate each card? It didn't say anything like, "Your card has now been activated!" - or require me to enter any information aside from what is printed on the card (such as the last 4 digits of the CC I purchased them with, or somesuch) that would add an additional layer of security to sending them by USPS First Class mail.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Just had two more orders of 3x500 arrive unactivated. Orders were placed on 12/26 and 12/28. Grr. I also received 4x500 Fivebacks, each in a separate envelope. They come on a piece of paper that says call this number to activate. I called, entered card number, exp, and CVC number as prompted - it just stated that my available balance is 500. Is it truly necessary to call to activate each card? It didn't say anything like, "Your card has now been activated!" - or require me to enter any information aside from what is printed on the card (such as the last 4 digits of the CC I purchased them with, or somesuch) that would add an additional layer of security to sending them by USPS First Class mail.
abt the bolded - ya, it's annoying that they didnt indicate explicitly that "Your card has been activated!".

my experience with diff orders gcm over time, is that all of the 5Bs have already been pre-activated -- although i did go through the chore of checking every single one of them online to make sure there is a $500 balance in each. not really necessary actually
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:27 pm

I guess they really did ban my address 1.5 years ago lol. I only ever placed one order with them for $2500 back in June of 2015. I tried to place another order one year later which was cancelled due to "verification" problems which couldn't be resolved apparently. Each subsequent attempt prompted a card declined error which was false. A few hours ago I placed an order using my husband's name, cc and new email for $2k worth of FBs through Simon and received an email from risk management canceling the order. I'm really shocked they banned me for one order! I guess if anyone buys my house in the future, she or he won't be able to purchase from them either. Ridiculous company.
HSaleh likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:16 pm

I have 4 vgc's that were not activated from GCM and I called the number on the back and they gave me another number 877-426-2551 that has me on hold for 32 mins. I think I will call in the morning. What number are you calling?

Are your ordering from Simon for the 5B or GCM? I can't order from Simon online so I go to the mall for 5B.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
I have 4 vgc's that were not activated from GCM and I called the number on the back and they gave me another number 877-426-2551 that has me on hold for 32 mins. I think I will call in the morning. What number are you calling?

Are your ordering from Simon for the 5B or GCM? I can't order from Simon online so I go to the mall for 5B.
Well that last part would be a little bit of a difference in that I haven't seen FB on GCM in any major denomination above $100 in a few weeks?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Well that last part would be a little bit of a difference in that I haven't seen FB on GCM in any major denomination above $100 in a few weeks?
I figured he ordered from simon online for 5B, but wondered if I missed anything.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Travelz

I got through at 7pm and they say the cards are taking longer to activate. He said of mine 2 were active and and the other 2 he will escalate and they should be ready in a few hours. I hope they are ready when I do bpay.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:39 am

Called today to activate my recent 3x500 unactivated orders. They were shipped on the 26th and 28th respectively. Didn't try to use or check balance until the 4th. GCM phone rep said they can take up to 4 days to activate once mailed and they were "blocked" by my attempting to use them before they were activated (in both cases clearly well over 4 days since mailing). She said to call back their customer service in a few hours to see if they had been activated - if I try to check balance online it might block them again! Blegh I wish they would get this sorted out.

Also, FWIW, I used the rest of my GCM FBs yesterday without needing to call to activate (despite what is indicated on the letter they arrived with).
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:38 am

Why are the cards on gcm only $25- $75. How do I pick the $500 cards?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by killercut
And this is why boxes of toothpicks need to have directions on how to use them...
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by killercut
go to simon.com/5back and order from there.

your other option is to go to a simon mall and buy the 5Bs there up to $10K, fees included.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
go to simon.com/5back and order from there.

your other option is to go to a simon mall and buy the 5Bs there up to $10K, fees included.
I have never bought GCs from Simon online. How does it show up on the CCs? If you go to a local Simon mall, name of the mall show up on the CC.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vagrants
I have never bought GCs from Simon online. How does it show up on the CCs? If you go to a local Simon mall, name of the mall show up on the CC.
Shows as GCM..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.