Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Travelz
Thanks sucks. What are you going to do? I can't seem to get an order through, so maybe I won't even try. For some reason, the "Place Order" button does not work for me using Chrome or Safari.

I was paid through Feb 8th on TCB.
Place order button also failing for me, since Sunday. I've been successful placing GCM orders every week for more than six months.
In the past 3 weeks I've placed 2 separate Staples orders, for $300 VGCs.
I'm wondering if that triggered my trouble. I use Safari.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:12 pm

Same with me, Place Order button nonresponsive across multiple devices. smh. Talk about ridiculous.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101
Same with me, Place Order button nonresponsive across multiple devices. smh. Talk about ridiculous.
Use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:28 am

deleted.

Last edited by berlinDreamz; Apr 6, 2017 at 5:15 pm Reason: wrong thread.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by berlinDreamz
I placed a $16.5k order clicking through topcashback with an advertised 4% back, amounts to around $650.
.................................................. ....................................
Let me know if this is not the right thread to ask about TCB.
Doesn't seem to be related to GCM -- so wrong thread.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by berlinDreamz
I placed a $16.5k order clicking through topcashback with an advertised 4% back, amounts to around $650. It never showed up and when I opened a claim they responded by saying the click was not registered as them being the final website before going to the merchant website which I know 100% is not true.
Also they mentioned clearing cookies every time etc. even though I've never had an issue with getting my $0.50 here $1 there when shopping on eBay with 1% back even after clicking through ebates or other sources and then making sure the last click is through topcashback and thats when I do my order.

For my large order I made sure to not click anywhere beforehand, I opened TCB, searched for merchant, clicked through and placed my order which was already saved in my cart on my account. Knowing that the cash back is a nice amount I made sure to do everything right but ended up with nothing.

I wonder if there is anything I can do about this or can they just lie to me every time the cash back amount is as large and just pocket the entire thing without being able to do anything?

Let me know if this is not the right thread to ask about TCB.
Agree with MaxVO, this is not the TCB thread (title is GiftCardMall Master Thread) but there is lots of discussion about TCB as it relates to GCM.

What site did you place an order for $16.5k from? I doubt it was GCM, given they have a monthly limit of $15k.

As to your question, I'm not sure you have much recourse. The cashback sites aren't under any sort of obligation to my knowledge, and proving that you used their link to click through would be difficult unless you're an IT whiz, and even then, not sure it's possible or that they'd care to listen.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
We are an apple household. Might have to visit the local library.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
My solution that worked was to press the enter key on my keyboard while using IE.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:58 pm

I had the same problem in Chrome. Used MS Edge and worked fine.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:06 pm

Placed an order on GCM over the weekend through TCB and got 2% CB. Placed another order two days ago and only got 1.25%. Of course, something is better than nothing, but I have no idea how they tracked to different CB rates.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:15 pm

Yesterday I noticed that 1.25% CB is no longer an option. Only 2% for online orders, and 1% for other channels (I forgot the exact description they used).
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
Agree with MaxVO, this is not the TCB thread (title is GiftCardMall Master Thread) but there is lots of discussion about TCB as it relates to GCM.

What site did you place an order for $16.5k from? I doubt it was GCM, given they have a monthly limit of $15k.

As to your question, I'm not sure you have much recourse. The cashback sites aren't under any sort of obligation to my knowledge, and proving that you used their link to click through would be difficult unless you're an IT whiz, and even then, not sure it's possible or that they'd care to listen.
Thank you for your reply and I agree with you but as you mentioned since there's a lot of discussion around TCB and I couldn't find a TCB specific thread I thought I'd give it a shot.

I ordered from build.com

Originally Posted by Mancolt
I'm not sure you have much recourse. The cashback sites aren't under any sort of obligation to my knowledge, and proving that you used their link to click through would be difficult unless you're an IT whiz, and even then, not sure it's possible or that they'd care to listen.
That's what I figured.

Cheers!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:47 pm

Feb 3rd orders from GCM went confirmed (tracked at 2%), January 14th have been confirmed but not payable for a few weeks now (tracked at 2.5%)!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Yesterday I noticed that 1.25% CB is no longer an option. Only 2% for online orders, and 1% for other channels (I forgot the exact description they used).
Yes, will be interesting to see if GCM starts tracking at 1%, will make the move to GC.com for 1.25% obviously.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Yes, will be interesting to see if GCM starts tracking at 1%, will make the move to GC.com for 1.25% obviously.
They recently reduced to 1% also, looks like all the vendors did.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.