Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx MS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Gitangali
Let's say I'm a college student and my annual income is measly 5K from campus jobs but I have access to all of my parents assets. Does that mean I can get CC approvals without a real full time job? Now I'm not sure how does a student prove that he/she has access to parents income, one way would be joint checking/savings accounts.

Otherwise the students won't be eligible to receive credit cards.They have some just for students, but they don't give you much CL and you are limited to having one or two CC.

I'm wondering if student can get approved for MS CCs such as Chase, WF etc without a job earning at least upward of 20-25K.
Yes, I would start with 40k, you should easily be approved for a bunch of cards. I have done $60k without issue.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
all stores? I thought it was only certain stores like staples and ODOM?
I posted WM. Check one of their receipts and see how detailed it is. What they report to AMEX is even more detailed.

I dont see level 3 for grocery and drugstores.
Many still aren't. I LOVE my non-LEVEL3 grocery store. You can indeed bury the GCs in groceries.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Hbax
I posted WM. Check one of their receipts and see how detailed it is. What they report to AMEX is even more detailed.
my go to WM isnt doing L3
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

How can you tell if certain WM does L3 reporting or not?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:45 pm

How can you tell if certain WM does L3 reporting or not?
use an amex at wm
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:45 pm

use an amex at wm
Pardon my ignorance, I just got a Plat two days ago. Would the level 3 info appear on my statement or is there a different way of seeing if it is there?

Thanks for the help
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Let's say I'm a college student and my annual income is measly 5K from campus jobs but I have access to all of my parents assets. Does that mean I can get CC approvals without a real full time job? Now I'm not sure how does a student prove that he/she has access to parents income, one way would be joint checking/savings accounts.

Otherwise the students won't be eligible to receive credit cards.They have some just for students, but they don't give you much CL and you are limited to having one or two CC.

I'm wondering if student can get approved for MS CCs such as Chase, WF etc without a job earning at least upward of 20-25K.
If Amex does a FR, all they care is what is reported on the 4506T they will request tied to your SSN. Doesn't matter what you say your net worth is, what income you have access to, etc.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
I recently got my Amex Delta Gold and my PRG cards. I've already MS'd about $2k on the Gold and $1k on the PRG. Considering these are non-Plat cards, what are my chances of having my points clawed back?

Edit: I think five of the six VGC were $504.95 exactly. All six were purchased within three days. I plan on hitting the rest of the min spends organically.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sam_goh
If Amex does a FR, all they care is what is reported on the 4506T they will request tied to your SSN. Doesn't matter what you say your net worth is, what income you have access to, etc.
According to this access to parents asset trick won't work.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:08 am

I clicked the details on my receipts from grocery stores including WM and found there were no entries of what was bought.

Staplesdotcom purchases showed this:

wwwdotstaplesdotcom
View Details on Merchant Website
500 STAPLES DR
FRAMINGHAM
MASSACHUSETTS
01702-4474
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)
Additional Information: (800) 333-3330
VISAREG 300 GIFT CARD
Reference: 3xxxxxxxxxxx398xxx
Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Therefore, I'm confident about my purchases from WM/grocerystores/drugstores. In the case of staplesdotcom purchases, these were not made to meet MSR so that may be reason they don't question it.

I am well aware of all clawback reports done by am3x lately, while many want to believe it is mainly focused on the leaked plat offer, no one can be too sure until they're hit with clawback when they MSd other am3x cards to meet their MSRs. Sad thing about it though, is there is no chance to do organic spend when the prescribed period to meet MSR has already passed. I have new personal am3x cards and intend to do organic spend to meet MSR so that IF they clawback my rewards, I will have a leg to stand on that I fulfilled their terms.

Therefore, to each his own, we can believe what we want (NO ONE can give guarantees what am3x will/will not do) and do as we please as am3x also does theirs.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by comeflyaway
I recently got my Amex Delta Gold and my PRG cards. I've already MS'd about $2k on the Gold and $1k on the PRG. Considering these are non-Plat cards, what are my chances of having my points clawed back?

Edit: I think five of the six VGC were $504.95 exactly. All six were purchased within three days. I plan on hitting the rest of the min spends organically.
to be honest, you're making it so easy for RAT to analyze what those six purchases are. but then, it's really up to you if you'd rather think you're safe since it's a non plat card. but if you want to be on the safe side SHOULD they clawback your bonus, it is best to do ONLY organic spend to meet MSR. decision is yours.

PSA to many who apply for am3x cards ~ think and plan your expenses to make sure you can meet MSR organically to prevent issues of clawback later. While they can/will do clawback even if you did organic spend, most, if not all reports show that they give back the bonus once proven no MS was made.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:32 am
Original Poster

On the claw back : I believe you can get statement credit, once the credit is applied then there is no chance of claw back. Is this correct? I'm not sure if one should close the account right after receiving the bonus, that way there is absolutely no way they can claw back.

Play the games with those who play the games with you
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:48 am

On the claw back : I believe you can get statement credit, once the credit is applied then there is no chance of claw back. Is this correct? I'm not sure if one should close the account right after receiving the bonus, that way there is absolutely no way they can claw back.

Play the games with those who play the games with you
They can force your MR account negative and then send you a bill. Its happened, read up.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:41 am

my go to WM isnt doing L3
I have my doubts they wouldn't all be utilizing the same system/setup (other than the Neighborhood stores, as I have no experience with them). I remember a few years back, when we were still buying GCs with WMGCs, and there was some kind of snafu, the floor manager came over and said I'll redo the transaction at another register, but we had to go down a few because she said all of these are currently downloading software updates.

Unless the IT person at a particular store just doesn't have it turned on, which would be rather surprising.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Mamibear
to be honest, you're making it so easy for RAT to analyze what those six purchases are. but then, it's really up to you if you'd rather think you're safe since it's a non plat card. but if you want to be on the safe side SHOULD they clawback your bonus, it is best to do ONLY organic spend to meet MSR. decision is yours.

PSA to many who apply for am3x cards ~ think and plan your expenses to make sure you can meet MSR organically to prevent issues of clawback later. While they can/will do clawback even if you did organic spend, most, if not all reports show that they give back the bonus once proven no MS was made.
I appreciate the suggestion. I MS'd before I learned that they will clawback non-plat cards. I already got the first portion of my Delta Skymiles bonus points, but that might be from the organic spend of $1k. I won't MS anymore on those two cards and I'm considering just deducting my MS from my calculations and hit the min spends organically plus the six VGCs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.