Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx MS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Gitangali
According to this access to parents asset trick won't work.
As it shouldn't. The long FR thread has a nice, in a popcorn sense, trust fund baby, in the literal sense, make a long an impassioned argument with the board. Amex didn't buy it.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
and didnt' see anything here, but we can still only our AMEX to load to serve to meet min? understand no points will be gain from this but only to meed min spending. correct?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by tdrag97
and didnt' see anything here, but we can still only our AMEX to load to serve to meet min? understand no points will be gain from this but only to meed min spending. correct?
no

that method is dead for many months now.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:39 pm

L3 reporting is not by WM, it is by amex.

When you applied for amex card and you stated your true income, and not worried sending a 4506T then go ahead and MS away.
If your income on your 4506T is different than what you put in the app form, amex is known to shutdown cards and blacklist for years.

if you get shutdown and apped for aother amex in 5 years, they will ask you for the 4506T if they wont ask for 4506t they deny you right away, they wont even pull a credit report (blacklist). amex is known for having long memories.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:27 am

Didn't know about this level 3 reporting, and I thought I was doing just fine buying different amounts GC's. Now I'm worried about meeting minimum spends on SPG cards. I guess it's safe to assume merchants like CVS Wallgreens and big grocery stores do level 3? Is there an easy way to tell?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rekehs
L3 reporting is not by WM, it is by amex.

When you applied for amex card and you stated your true income, and not worried sending a 4506T then go ahead and MS away.
If your income on your 4506T is different than what you put in the app form, amex is known to shutdown cards and blacklist for years.

if you get shutdown and apped for aother amex in 5 years, they will ask you for the 4506T if they wont ask for 4506t they deny you right away, they wont even pull a credit report (blacklist). amex is known for having long memories.
Does that mean if you didn't inflate your income and you can prove that your income is actually more than what you stated then it is okay to MS? That's impression I'm getting from your post. If that's case, many will find this a breeze.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali
Does that mean if you didn't inflate your income and you can prove that your income is actually more than what you stated then it is okay to MS? That's impression I'm getting from your post. If that's case, many will find this a breeze.
If one inflates their income and they get flagged, FR would be the least of one's worries, IMO. What one has to worry about based on a lot of reports is rewards clawback now that an abuse team (RAT) has been assigned by am3x to monitor new accounts. Initially, reports were focused on the leaked plat accounts where they froze rewards for review and for many accounts, the clawback of rewards became final when any form of MS was discovered. It's up to anyone applying for am3x cards if they'll continue to MS to meet min spend requirement on ANY am3x card, NO ONE can give guarantees they're safe; let your risk tolerance be your guide. If you don't get flagged, good for you; if your rewards get clawed back due to MS, deal with am3x.

Bottomline, while anyone will likely pass FR, frozen and clawed back points are issues one has to deal with when applying for new am3x cards if one does MS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.