Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I'm curious if these are just action junkies or people that have like 5 Ink's? I only have one Ink so I get my limit (50k) usually by the 9th month of my cycle with all the Staples/OD promos. I can't imagine doubling my workload with two inks, or five as some have. Maybe I'm missing something?
I bought five because my auto insurance accepts vgcs but not credit. Easy way to liquidate, although the bill is still painful!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:34 pm

Has anyone received the rebate form in any transaction since the weekend? Conversely, has anyone purchased VGC's since the weekend and not received the rebate form?

If Staples has "fixed" the POS system, that would be an indication that the rebate forms were issued in error.

Anyone? Bueller?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Has anyone received the rebate form in any transaction since the weekend? Conversely, has anyone purchased VGC's since the weekend and not received the rebate form?

If Staples has "fixed" the POS system, that would be an indication that the rebate forms were issued in error.

Anyone? Bueller?
I did 3 transactions yesterday at ~2pm EST and got a rebate form for all 3. In Eastern NC.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
I did 3 x $200 yesterday at 7pm And got rapid rebate form. Submitted it today online.

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia

Anyone? Bueller?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:15 pm

their sys is down right now but when you say submit,
it recognized a legit rebate? (as opposed to still waiting for data?)

Originally Posted by beachmiles
I did 3 x $200 yesterday at 7pm And got rapid rebate form. Submitted it today online.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by kaiotes
their sys is down right now but when you say submit,
it recognized a legit rebate? (as opposed to still waiting for data?)
It did not say waiting for date. Got an email confirming. We will see.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by beachmiles
It did not say waiting for date. Got an email confirming. We will see.
specifically it says "your rebates are still being determined" not that it is waiting for data.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:14 am

Right that is what i meant.

This doesn't mean you have sent in a valid rebate.
doesn't look like they will honor this rebate unless we all go complain etc
--------
Attached is a response when I emailed them for an explanation with my receipt.

Obviously they ignored what was printed on the receipt and went by what was in the system.

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
specifically it says "your rebates are still being determined" not that it is waiting for data.
Attached Images  

Last edited by kaiotes; Jul 27, 2017 at 9:22 am
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

They sent that with those typos? "Products purchased are not longer eligible..."
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:02 am

this is a screenshot from their email reply.
We're talking to off-shored people, so what do you expect?

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
They sent that with those typos? "Products purchased are not longer eligible..."
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by kaiotes
Right that is what i meant.

This doesn't mean you have sent in a valid rebate.
doesn't look like they will honor this rebate unless we all go complain etc
--------
Attached is a response when I emailed them for an explanation with my receipt.

Obviously they ignored what was printed on the receipt and went by what was in the system.
Call or chat that way they have to address the fact that it says the promo is from 7/21 to 7/28. They will pay on this but you have to find the right person.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:30 am

Got this in an email about a half hour ago in regard to the recent maybe/maybe not $20 Visa GC rebate:

Staples
We could not process your rebate.
Hello,

We received rebate information for the following product(s):

<--custom_value1-->

Unfortunately, the requirement(s) for the promotion(s) were not met for the following reasons:

All required products were not submitted
For more information about your rebate, click here.

If you believe your rebate was invalidated in error, please call us at 877-266-6483 and we will resubmit your details for you.

Here is the information you provided with your original submission:

Rebate offer number:14-13821

Easy Rebates® ID number/order number: 18030721170xxxxxx

Tracking Number:793162xxx

If you have questions about your Easy Rebates or this email, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.

Need help? Send us an email or chat with a live agent. Please do not reply to this email; this is an automated email system and we cannot respond to replies sent to this address.

Thank you for your business.
The Staples® Easy Rebates® Team
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:40 am

I sent my follow up email to them and another rep created a manual record and honored the rebate. fingers crossed
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy platinum
Originally Posted by yanxfann
Got this in an email about a half hour ago in regard to the recent maybe/maybe not $20 Visa GC rebate:

Staples
We could not process your rebate.
Hello,

We received rebate information for the following product(s):

<--custom_value1-->

Unfortunately, the requirement(s) for the promotion(s) were not met for the following reasons:

All required products were not submitted
For more information about your rebate, click here.

If you believe your rebate was invalidated in error, please call us at 877-266-6483 and we will resubmit your details for you.

Here is the information you provided with your original submission:

Rebate offer number:14-13821

Easy Rebates® ID number/order number: 18030721170xxxxxx

Tracking Number:793162xxx

If you have questions about your Easy Rebates or this email, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.

Need help? Send us an email or chat with a live agent. Please do not reply to this email; this is an automated email system and we cannot respond to replies sent to this address.

Thank you for your business.
The Staples® Easy Rebates® Team
Received the same. Called the number and was told to email in copy of Rebate proof of purchase receipt. Put the tracking# in subject line with "Staples Rebate Center". After they receive email they will approve rebate according to rep. email address is [email protected]
I used the same send from address as on the rebate to be safe.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:56 pm

I spoke with Staples today, after receiving the "could not process rebate" email. They assured me that the rebate would be paid if I emailed my receipt to [email protected]

To be safe, I sent the receipt to both this address and the address given in the previous post. I received an acknowledgement from both addresses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.