Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Old May 8, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Spiral1
You want to buy two $200 cards for max UR and minimal fees. Yes you can submit two rebates if you have two addresses although I believe you need to submit a unique phone number & name as well.
I think using a unique name is probably not necessary, as long as you use a unique physical address, email address, and phone number. There are many people out there who have the same name.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I think using a unique name is probably not necessary, as long as you use a unique physical address, email address, and phone number. There are many people out there who have the same name.
That is incorrect if you have a rather unique name like truly yours...
Old May 9, 2017, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I submitted two unique names/addresses/phone/emails albeit to my old and current address. Hopefully both goes through.
Old May 9, 2017, 2:43 pm

I was using my bluebird account to liquidate GC (the acc is still alive), but staples VIsa GCs give me an error, MC go thru just fine. Any ideas why/how to resolve?
Old May 9, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Caution about this promotion. The rebate system seems to be having technical issues with many who try to submit a rebate after purchasing the required $300 to get a $20 rebate for the Mother's Day week promotion, but their system is still saying it's trying to determine if the requirement was met (TBD). i understand there've been some activation problems with a bod batch of cards, so hopefully they'll get this sorted out soon on their backend programming. Bad timing.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:35 pm

Yea I noticed my Sunday purchases haven't gone to "complete" status like they normally do within 24 hours.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Yea I noticed my Sunday purchases haven't gone to "complete" status like they normally do within 24 hours.
Same here.

Are others getting theirs to start processing?
Old May 10, 2017, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
Same here.

6/7 are validation complete for me, the other one is validation in progress.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
Same here.

just got an email from all the ones starting sunday up to today that they're processing. seems to be all good now
Old May 10, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by eclipsor
just got an email from all the ones starting sunday up to today that they're processing. seems to be all good now
Same here.^
Old May 11, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
Caution about this promotion. The rebate system seems to be having technical issues with many who try to submit a rebate after purchasing the required $300 to get a $20 rebate for the Mother's Day week promotion, but their system is still saying it's trying to determine if the requirement was met (TBD). i understand there've been some activation problems with a bod batch of cards, so hopefully they'll get this sorted out soon on their backend programming. Bad timing.
They fixed on Wednesday. Submitting rebates is back to normal.
Old May 13, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Any success using the $5 or $10 off coupons I get in the mail every week or so.
The fine print excludes Gift Cards and a bunch of other stuff, but wondering if others have had success. Thanks
Old May 13, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by beachmiles
Any success using the $5 or $10 off coupons I get in the mail every week or so.
The fine print excludes Gift Cards and a bunch of other stuff, but wondering if others have had success. Thanks
I usually buy paper towels or TP along with a single $200 card.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I usually buy paper towels or TP along with a single $200 card.
Yes, we can always use some more paper products. Thanks
Old May 15, 2017, 8:40 am

I understand from the wiki that no cashback portals work with ordering GC from staples.com since 2014, but I've received 1% back from Yazing before. Granted I had to submit a claim for missing cb as it wasn't automatically tracked on Yazing, but am I the only successful DP or is the wiki outdated?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.