Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
This is the master thread for all VGC and MCGC sold at Staples.
The previous discussion can be found here.

The VGCs sold at Staples are issued by Metabank and serviced by Blackhawk Network.
The activation code for online purchase comes with the card. Cards purchased at store are activated at check-out.
To activate cards over the phone (without activation codes), call (877) 426-2551 to talk to a rep.
To activate cards over the web, www.giftcardkey.com.
The default PIN number is the last four digits of the card number but can be changed online.

As of 5/12/2014, all known portals are dead.

Earn 5x points with Chase Ink, or Simply Cash for 5% cash back
Buy Visa gift cards (Metabank) at Staples ($200 for $7.95) or the website ($300 for $8.95).

2k Limit per transaction / 10k per day for online. In-store is usually 2k but YMMV
Often times, there are promotions with no or reduced activation fees
Print Wikipost

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
The second 5B will end up with 95 on it after the 5% is added back to it, so I suppose a Dining Everywhere(4.95) or 5B(6.95) card at Lowes could be loaded with 2 or more of them. And so on and on keeping track of all the cards and amounts.

Not sure I can handle it. If you are banned from gcmall, I can see trying this out. Even giftcard dot com is a easier, but costs a little more.
I must have missed something. When you buy from gcmall, you get FB cards, correct? If that's the case, then you still have to buy VGC's at an FB partner to get the 5%.

What am I missing that makes gcmall.com easier than ordering from staples.com?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
I must have missed something. When you buy from gcmall, you get FB cards, correct? If that's the case, then you still have to buy VGC's at an FB partner to get the 5%.

What am I missing that makes gcmall.com easier than ordering from staples.com?
In some cases I am wrong. GCM does not have FB in 500, but with the TCB portal it is a good deal for vgc.

The 5B at Simon are a good deal still if you go to Lowes for the Dining cards for 4.95 and then you have to liquidate 200's. Staples is okay, but I wish they had the dining cards.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:59 pm

In some cases I am wrong. GCM does not have FB in 500, but with the TCB portal it is a good deal for vgc.

The 5B at Simon are a good deal still if you go to Lowes for the Dining cards for 4.95 and then you have to liquidate 200's. Staples is okay, but I wish they had the dining cards.
I have got $13k for 5B's from GCM...they certainly do have $500 cards, just not always "in-stock"
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by SoloExperiment
I have got $13k for 5B's from GCM...they certainly do have $500 cards, just not always "in-stock"
Do you just check every day on GCM? How are you liquidating them these days?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:16 am

Do you just check every day on GCM? How are you liquidating them these days?
Almost never check - got most of them during the December special where they offered an extra 5% back (in addition to portal cash back) so they really ended up being 12B cards
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:12 am

Almost never check - got most of them during the December special where they offered an extra 5% back (in addition to portal cash back) so they really ended up being 12B cards
They haven't been in stock since this deal, and I expect they never will be again.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:26 am

So what? I got 5% back at CVS with Five Backs during December, does that mean I can do it now? NO! They haven't had the $500 Five Backs on GCM since then.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:33 am

Posted on wrong thread oops.

Last edited by cdog999; Feb 13, 2017 at 7:52 am
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:19 am

Good lord! Anyone having issues with Staples online shipping? I order all of the time and they usually ship in 3 or 4 days and it has been a week and still not shipped. Did chat and said they were sent for processing but waiting to ship. Absolutely crazy
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by perryswoman
Good lord! Anyone having issues with Staples online shipping? I order all of the time and they usually ship in 3 or 4 days and it has been a week and still not shipped. Did chat and said they were sent for processing but waiting to ship. Absolutely crazy
Yeah I placed some orders like 4 days ago and they are still processing.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Spiral1
Yeah I placed some orders like 4 days ago and they are still processing.

Seems crazy it takes that long!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:53 am

Actually I just got activation codes in my mailbox even though Staples still says the orders are processing and not shipped. Usually I get the activation codes & cards the same day though and I only got codes this time.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Spiral1
Actually I just got activation codes in my mailbox even though Staples still says the orders are processing and not shipped. Usually I get the activation codes & cards the same day though and I only got codes this time.
That's good news. I did order Friday and Monday was a holiday so maybe my codes will come today too. Thanks for the update. My codes usually are within a day or so ahead of the cards.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:03 pm

my order too, on the Feb 19, still processing, and Pending charge has dropped from my card.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by ZeroMile
my order too, on the Feb 19, still processing, and Pending charge has dropped from my card.
Mine still shows pending from the 18th. I wonder if they don't send the charge through within 7 days do they need a new authorization?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.