Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:38 pm

I can do unlimited in my simon mall

So I used my fidelity VISA to get 2% then went to CVS to buy Paypal cards

When I tried to load them to my Paypal it said 4K limit per month

Next time I will buy the vanilla VISA in CVS

But none of the walmarts around me allow split payment for MO

So I have unlimited Simon mall but no walmart to MO.

Here is the math and please help me with this

3.95 fee when buying at simon mall
4.95 fee when buying the vanilla at cvs
1.69 when buying the $500 MO at walmart
Total expense= 10.59
Total gain = $35 (500*0.05=25 five back visa + 500*0.02=10 fidelity)

35-10.59=$24.41 with 1 $500 fiveback card

Any better combinations please let me know

The clerk at Simon Mall desk told me there are 2 other people like me and they always use their AMEX

I don't understand the deal with AMEX. It is giving 1 to 1 points. Is there an AMEX that gives more than 1 point on Simon Mall purchase?

Last edited by misterno; Jan 3, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I use my DL Amex to hit the Delta SkyMiles 25K spend waiver, at which point MQD in that program is no longer an issue. I hit that in the first month or so, then into the drawer. Others may be chasing Starpoints or something.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by ElPresidente
I use my DL Amex to hit the Delta SkyMiles 25K spend waiver, at which point MQD in that program is no longer an issue. I hit that in the first month or so, then into the drawer. Others may be chasing Starpoints or something.
And some may be using multiple DL cards for MQMs.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by misterno

I don't understand the deal with AMEX. It is giving 1 to 1 points. Is there an AMEX that gives more than 1 point on Simon Mall purchase?
What do you mean by unlimited? Up to $10k/day or any amount per day?

Different cards give different strokes for different folks. Read the various benefits of each card and then you can decide. Hint: No card gives a bonus at SM.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I used my fidelity VISA to get 2% then went to CVS to buy Paypal cards

When I tried to load them to my Paypal it said 4K limit per month

Next time I will buy the vanilla VISA in CVS

But none of the walmarts around me allow split payment for MO

So I have unlimited Simon mall but no walmart to MO.

Here is the math and please help me with this

3.95 fee when buying at simon mall
4.95 fee when buying the vanilla at cvs
1.69 when buying the $500 MO at walmart
Total expense= 10.59
Total gain = $35 (500*0.05=25 five back visa + 500*0.02=10 fidelity)

35-10.59=$24.41 with 1 $500 fiveback card

Any better combinations please let me know

The clerk at Simon Mall desk told me there are 2 other people like me and they always use their AMEX

Do you know vanilla does not work at WalMart for well over 2 years now, unless you only want a $49.99 MO?
Besides no WalMart charges $1.69 for a MO. It is far less.

No card earns any bonus from Simon purchase. Not everyone wants cash back. In fact I would venture to say a majority of folks doing this don't do it for cash back, just like the 2 guys at your Simon.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Do you know vanilla does not work at WalMart for well over 2 years now, unless you only want a $49.99 MO?

No card earns any bonus from Simon purchase. Not everyone wants cash back. In fact I would venture to say a majority of folks doing this don't do it for cash back, just like the 2 guys at your Simon.
yes MO in walmart cost less I mixed up with PO sorry

So in CVS onevanilla is the one to buy? is that the one I can buy MO at WM?

swiping the 5back card at CVS as debit or credit, does this matter? cashier enters the last 4 digits by the way
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:22 pm

yes MO in walmart cost less I mixed up with PO sorry

So in CVS onevanilla is the one to buy? is that the one I can buy MO at WM?

swiping the 5back card at CVS as debit or credit, does this matter? cashier enters the last 4 digits by the way
This is the SM thread not WM, nor CVS, nor FB (other than purchasing FB at SM location).
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Happy

for the love of god, would the rest of you put misterno research/ no common sense/ no initiative on ignore also so i don't have to keep seeing him quoted!? the sense of entitlement that FT is his MS concierge is palpable.

reading his posts conjures the same sense of MS doom as those pics of #@#*ing Emily in front of a gift card rack used to! make it stop...
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Idk what to say to you anymore, as you keep asking the same questions over and over in multiple threads. As everyone else knows, this stuff is very location specific and is always YMMV. You need to try things compiled from all these threads and see what works best for you.
And a lot of us have have let him know to see what is best or him.

I like his idea of buying $200 FBs at OD then buying Paypal MyCash at CVS!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
A lady and guy buys 19 cards each everyday at my local Simon mall according to a cashier I spoke with. I may have to do the same soon.
19 per day?!?!??!?! How in blazes do they manage to unload them? The Simon GC's don't seem to work at the USPS in my area nor at Walmart. AFAIK theres only one grocery store chain in the area that accepts debit GC for MO.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am.not trolling
​​​i have been here more than 5 years. You just dont want people to learn

​​​​​
If by now you still are unable to figure out things and keep mixing up things, my sincere suggestion to you is to "Forget About It." You do not have the ability to even comprehend the very basic concepts and keep mixing up things, demonstrate to me that you have a comprehension deficit because I am willing to give you a benefit doubt not classify you being a troll or being lazy. You just dont have the ability to comprehend things above certain level.

Apparently you also haven't done any ACTUAL transaction but keep asking the same things over and over and over again for the past 2 years in countless threads. At least if you have not done any actual thing yet, you have not caused damage to your financial health.

Again, this is to give you some benefits of doubt. Others already do not want to give you any more courtesy help. Take it as a friendly advice and stop posting all the nonsense all over the forum.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:13 pm

Can we get back on topic please?

I have experienced shortages of FB GCs in my area. I hope blackhawk is still producing them...
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by warreng24
19 per day?!?!??!?! How in blazes do they manage to unload them? The Simon GC's don't seem to work at the USPS in my area nor at Walmart. AFAIK theres only one grocery store chain in the area that accepts debit GC for MO.
Right? Id love to know how people can liquidate so much so quick. I have a WM or two that i can go to but thats it....
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, SWA CP
I've Msed a bunch of OVGCs from CVS, but never a FB from Simon Malls. The lower activation fee is appealing, especially since I am trying to up my MS game. The nearest Simon Mall is about an hour away, and i did see that they were offered on the Simon Mall website. Any pitfalls or limitations when buying the FBs online? Not planning to buy an insane amount at a single time, maybe just 2-3 $500 FBs.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by ChiTownChurner
Any pitfalls or limitations when buying the FBs online?
See below, I'm in the same boat as you with closest Simon about an hour away so maybe only get up to it once a month now...

Anyone that put in a recent online Simon purchase recieve their cards? Still waiting on my Simon 5 Back purchase from 12/25 that said delivered on 12/28. I wish the site didn't say "delivered" as it is very mis-leading since these just get sent via first class mail.

I'm trying to even recall if these cards get sent by Blackhawk?

Last time around in November I had to call of 3 orders I did not receive and they were all then resent to me and received within a week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.