Wiki Posts
Search

GYFT for 5x UR points on Ink+

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2016, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
GYFT for 5x UR points on Ink+

I've been reading a lot about people getting 5x UR points for GCs purchased through GYFT

I recently got an ink+ and signed up. I have linked my FB, G+, and cell phone

Every order every single day this past week has been auto declined when I use paypal (required to get 5x on ink)

I have searched far and wide, but no resolution. Anyone know what else I can do?
Old May 7, 2016, 5:33 am

This is typical for Gyft.
Old May 7, 2016, 8:38 am

It did that to mine a lot at first, and I had to call Paypal. They did some kind of verification that I remember their reason made no sense. Had to actually do it a couple times before it stopped. Drove me nuts at first, but eventually it stopped.

I remember the stuff less than $100 would go through when I tested it, but the bigger ones were rejecting.
Old May 7, 2016, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
any idea what verification was done? i think i am going to call paypal

because this "You've reached our daily limit for declined orders. Please try again tomorrow." is stupid and annoying
Old May 9, 2016, 7:38 pm

I don't remember exactly what they were asking, but it was really something related to the paypal account verification, but yet they would allow me to pay for it with a paypal balance (and not the ink card). They had to push it through somehow. I kept testing it while I was on the phone, and it took a bit to get it to work. They just kept asking generic account verification stuff, completely unrelated to the credit card. It worked that one time, and then I had to call back again a few days later to tell them it didn't work. They said they would try something different on their end, and then it worked.

I remember being able to buy $50ish cards, but nothing over $100.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:13 am

Any other advice on how to avoid getting auto-declined? Called paypal, they said everything went through at their end and the problem seemed to be with Gyft accepting the payment. Gyft has not been helpful in responding on their end, and it's been over a month since opening the account. Nothing larger than $100 will go through.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:34 am

I never got it to work. YFT would keep telling me that its resolved, but I just gave up.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:15 am

Just a bump but I've had no problem buying $50 cards (Amazon, Target), but PayPal is never instant for Gyft? Seems like I have to wait a day or so before getting my Gyft cards.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
I bought a $100 GC via GYFT for $85 and did not get the 5x bonus earn, only got 1x. Is this common?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by weezl
I bought a $100 GC via GYFT for $85 and did not get the 5x bonus earn, only got 1x. Is this common?
It only works when processed via PayPal. Did you use PayPal?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by Stevex9
It only works when processed via PayPal. Did you use PayPal?
Doh!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:18 pm

Bumping this thread to ask what's likely an obvious, but wouldn't the 2.9% fee with cc's through PayPal (in order to take advantage of the Ink+ 5x UR earn with Gyft) be a deterrent to most? Is 2.9% of your purchase amount a good value for 5x UR in return?

I'm only asking because I'm considering picking up some Whole Foods GCs since I don't have a grocery card and typically earn 1p/dollar with AmEx SPG, CSR or Freedom anyway. Might as well maximize earn for the same amount of spend by purchasing GCs in advance.

I'd just like to know whether it's generally worth spending the 2.9% fee for the extra points though?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by OliverB
Bumping this thread to ask what's likely an obvious, but wouldn't the 2.9% fee with cc's through PayPal (in order to take advantage of the Ink+ 5x UR earn with Gyft) be a deterrent to most? Is 2.9% of your purchase amount a good value for 5x UR in return?

I'm only asking because I'm considering picking up some Whole Foods GCs since I don't have a grocery card and typically earn 1p/dollar with AmEx SPG, CSR or Freedom anyway. Might as well maximize earn for the same amount of spend by purchasing GCs in advance.

I'd just like to know whether it's generally worth spending the 2.9% fee for the extra points though?
What 2.9% fee? You're making a purchase, not transferring money.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:09 am

Oops, of course; don't see how I missed that as I've checked out of e-tailers with PP numerous times before. Looks like I'll start loading up on these GCs monthly for groceries. Just want to be certain all info is up to date: is Ink+ still the only Chase branded card that earns the 5x UR?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:12 pm

What is this BS?

"To provide our users with the highest level of service, we've developed security measures to ensure your gift card order is safely processed.

For security reasons, we have declined your order of $500 Whole Foods Market gift card paid for with PayPal (Order #---------).

You will not be charged for this purchase.

The purchase amount has been reversed and the refund should appear on your account within 7 business days."

This has happened twice now.

I purchased a $50 GC for Nordstrom earlier without issue.

Why does Gyft offer $500 GCs if they won't process the order??

I've tried twice now and I've been declined both times.

Should I just purchase 5x $100 WF GCs and is there a way around this?

I've already sent an email but just wanted to verify whether this is par for the course with Gyft. I'm using a personal Ink+ card in my name through a registered PayPal acct in my name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.