Old May 3, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Posts for 2018 on this topic are here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1885680-mgc-sam-s-club-2018-a.html

Always test one gc before buying too many that you cannot liquidate.

As of 6/2017:

HB Vanilla mc & visa issued by Bancorp - liquidate at PO or some grocery stores, not WM. The Bancorp gcs are easier to liquidate.

Vanilla mc issued by MetaBank - might be able to liquidate at Kmart BP, Paypal, not WM or PO.
Print Wikipost

MGC at Sam's Club(2016-2017)

Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I tried to search, but any recent experience at Sam's using store gift cards (meaning Sam's Club gift cards) to buy other gift cards - MGC or otherwise?
Can't speak for MCGCs but yes, you can use a Sams GC to buy other GCs, like food, entertainment. I did it on Saturday
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
Can't speak for MCGCs but yes, you can use a Sams GC to buy other GCs, like food, entertainment. I did it on Saturday
Thanks! I do have an extra Sams GC, not enough for an MGC, but I'll see if it can be applied partially toward an MGC and update the thread.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:52 am

Any data point on earning 2% SAMS reward for purchasing GC if you are Member Plus.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:34 am

read DPs starting from post 570 for experiences of MSers regarding this issue.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
read DPs starting from post 570 for experiences of MSers regarding this issue.
Thanks Mamibare.
I found below excluded from earning Cash Rewards:

Alcoholic Beverages
Tobacco
eCigarettes
Fuel
Milk
Merchandise or services sold or provided on websites not hosted by Sam's Club - even if accessed originally through SamsClub.com.
Auctions
Gift Cards, including third party Gift Cards
Inventory, sales, or services belonging to or offered by third parties (including but not limited to auto buying program, insurance, legal services, merchant credit card payment processing services, etc.)
Lottery tickets
Membership
Service contracts (example - mobile phone contracts)
Pharmacy - prescriptions
Photo Center
Postage stamps
Services and Labor (examples - delivery, tire installation, etc.)
Taxes and fees (including sales tax, deposits, miscellaneous fees etc.)
Service Plans
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:55 pm

Interesting data point:

Bought 3 OVMGC at Sam's with Discover card.
One with just numbers on it drained easily at Kroger for MO.
The other 2 with embolden "PREPAID CARDMEMBER" gave me "Tender not Allowed" at Kroger and Publix even after multiple attempts.
Called for replacement cards to see if I will have any more luck.

Last edited by touristtrap; Apr 18, 2017 at 6:56 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap
Interesting data point:

Bought 3 OVMGC at Sam's with Discover card.
One with just numbers on it drained easily at Kroger for MO.
The other 2 with embolden "PREPAID CARDMEMBER" gave me "Tender not Allowed" at Kroger and Publix even after multiple attempts.
Called for replacement cards to see if I will have any more luck.
Detail matters. There are two variants of OV MGC, one issued by Bancorp Bank, the other issued by MetaBank. The former you can use to buy MO at Kroger, the latter you cannot.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by highinthesky
I bought 6 card the other day at the same register. The receipt shows the cards as being activated but none of them are. The store manager is refusing to refund or replace. I had to file a claim through income which can take up to 90 days according to them. I would check that your cards are activated before leaving the store. This was in south FL.
Just to follow up on this. After filing a claim with Incomm, it turns out that Sam's called Incomm to deactivate the cards due to security concerns. Prior to investigation, Sam's lied to me by claiming they know nothing of this and that Incomm needs to deal with failed activation. Incomm advised me to get my money from Sam's. Sam's manager is unapologetic and is refusing to do anything with bs excuse that he "Can't" and told me to dispute with my credit card (I used two discover cards, both of which are in my name), which I did. I own a business and if I treated my customers they way these thiefs do, I would not have any. If not for this promo, I would not step a foot at Sam's. You can bet I will expose these crooks on every review site I can find. Sorry for the rant.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by romeogg
Detail matters. There are two variants of OV MGC, one issued by Bancorp Bank, the other issued by MetaBank. The former you can use to buy MO at Kroger, the latter you cannot.
Thanks, had no idea as that they looked the same.

I picked them up from the same rack consecutively and did not notice any difference until after trying to use them.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by oopl
Okay, have not found any strategies to unload these.
Bancorp at the PO, Metabank Billpay at KMart for $1.50 for each card.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:36 am

I've had one issue with a OVMC issued by meta so I now stick to the HB cards issued by Bancorp to finish 5%Q2 of Disc. I've never had issues draining them at the grocery store right after buying from Sam's.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:49 am

Hi Guys,

5 days ago i went to SC and Bought 2 Vanilla MCGC at the same time (done this several time before without any issue at all, even 3 at the same time) but for some reason one of the card failed to activate and printed this:

"The following card can not be activated, Please note that the amount of: $504.94 will be credited back to your Credit"

The receipt says: "Debit declined - Reason 34".

One of the CSR (SC) on the store called the number on the back of the card and was told that the card was not activated and there is no balance on the card (i called several times and the robo-lady didn't recognized the number as valid), them the manager on duty told me that i will get the $504.94 returned to my CC, well today i still have the full initial charge amount (+1000) on my posted transactions and not $504.94 refunded yet.

Any idea what to do in this case?, what will be my best approach on this?

Here is the thing, i kept the receipt that prove it but my DW lost the actual card, because the SC manager on duty told us that a refund will be issued she thought that there is no need for the card, she is not into this game so i can't blame her for it but i'm kind a mad lol.

The other card was just fine, i was able to use it the same day, no problem as usual.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by elegua
Hi Guys,

5 days ago i went to SC and Bought 2 Vanilla MCGC at the same time (done this several time before without any issue at all, even 3 at the same time) but for some reason one of the card failed to activate and printed this:

"The following card can not be activated, Please note that the amount of: $504.94 will be credited back to your Credit"

The receipt says: "Debit declined - Reason 34".

One of the CSR (SC) on the store called the number on the back of the card and was told that the card was not activated and there is no balance on the card (i called several times and the robo-lady didn't recognized the number as valid), them the manager on duty told me that i will get the $504.94 returned to my CC, well today i still have the full initial charge amount (+1000) on my posted transactions and not $504.94 refunded yet.

Any idea what to do in this case?, what will be my best approach on this?

Here is the thing, i kept the receipt that prove it but my DW lost the actual card, because the SC manager on duty told us that a refund will be issued she thought that there is no need for the card, she is not into this game so i can't blame her for it but i'm kind a mad lol.

The other card was just fine, i was able to use it the same day, no problem as usual.
Wait a couple more days.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by anagoree
Any data point on earning 2% SAMS reward for purchasing GC if you are Member Plus.
Yes a search yields ur desire
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:22 pm

I was able to buy 3 MCGCs in 1 transaction.

Was it hard coded before, 1 per transaction?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.