Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Posts for 2018 on this topic are here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1885680-mgc-sam-s-club-2018-a.html

Always test one gc before buying too many that you cannot liquidate.

As of 6/2017:

HB Vanilla mc & visa issued by Bancorp - liquidate at PO or some grocery stores, not WM. The Bancorp gcs are easier to liquidate.

Vanilla mc issued by MetaBank - might be able to liquidate at Kmart BP, Paypal, not WM or PO.
Print Wikipost

MGC at Sam's Club(2016-2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Good info. I did find the cards at my local SC, but don't feel like paying $45 for membership just to buy those. Anyone know of any promos to get it for $10-20?
check sc website. there was an offer a while back for $25GC when you open new membership so that will make it $20 for you. I'm not sure if offer is still available. If you apply, you can get another membership card for someone in your household for free when you visit the kiosk to get your membership card
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Mamibear
check sc website. there was an offer a while back for $25GC when you open new membership so that will make it $20 for you. I'm not sure if offer is still available. If you apply, you can get another membership card for someone in your household for free when you visit the kiosk to get your membership card
Not anymore, but I'll be keeping a look-out now that Freedom 5x here got extended.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:50 pm

Not anymore, but I'll be keeping a look-out now that Freedom 5x here got extended.
Since when do they accept VISA CCs at B&M?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by vagrants
What's B&M?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
What's B&M?
brick an mortar.. physical stores..

on a side note.

other than meeting MINIMUM SPEND, what good is this method?
i mean, it already was established that they do not count gift card towards your rebate..

fortunately, i am trying to achieve minimum spend..
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by broncophil
brick an mortar.. physical stores..

on a side note.

i mean, it already was established that they do not count gift card towards your rebate..

fortunately, i am trying to achieve minimum spend..
I don't shop at SC, but this thread indicates Visa is accepted.

I'm interested in this to get full $1500 of 5x spending on my Freedom card in both of the next quarters, since they extended the promo to the end of the year.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:40 pm

My local SC is cash only. Tried 2 other stores and both said cash only. Cashier wanted to help at 1 location but system is hard coded and she couldnt process.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by vagrants
Since February
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:09 am

if you have Chase F cards, they have included warehouse clubs Costco, SC in their 3rd and 4rd Q categories. activation for 3rd Q started yesterday.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:35 pm

What's B&M?
Brick & Motar = in-store.

Last I saw (3-6 months ago?), somebody (regular customers) tried VISA CC buying stuffs (no GCs), the register didn't take it. Only debit VISA.

Well, I guess I could have maxed on the Freedom at Sam's rather than grocery store then. & thanks. I'll sure use it for the rest of the year.

Sam's is like the sibling, the WM. Some you gotta go to CS...some you can get at regular checkout. I'm limited to 1 GC per transaction no matter which Sam's though.

Last edited by vagrants; Jun 16, 2016 at 3:44 pm
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:46 pm

I joined Sam's to try something. I went online and bought a $200 mastercard gift card and it let me pay with a Walmart gift card. The order went through and I got a confirmation. The next day I got another email saying it was canceled because it was out of stock. A few days later I tried buying a $50 Amex gift card. I think the $50 ones are fixed and the others are $50-200 so I thought maybe the variable aspect tripped an alert or something. Again it went through but the next day was canceled.

You should get a Sam's Club and Costco membership just for access to the food cafe. Definitely +EV. My Costco card is 2 years expired but I just flash it and they let me in.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've been buying MGC at sams since I noticed them. They do work. Some CCs aren't accepted according to the CS lady but some are. FYI: Freedom works just fine.

Checkout can be tricky for cashiers. Needs to be rung up seperately and must be swiped, not scanned.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Only MGCs at my local Sam's, which don't work at my local USPS's for MO. Do a lot of Sam's carry VGCs?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:19 pm

Do MGCs work at walmart? Thanks
Originally Posted by msp3
Only MGCs at my local Sam's, which don't work at my local USPS's for MO. Do a lot of Sam's carry VGCs?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by albertxue
Do MGCs work at walmart? Thanks
Not these. Hardcoded. Try a grocery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.