Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Detained by the police for Manufactured Spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Detained by the police for Manufactured Spending

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by nfpa70e
Thanks for the gist, I always take good advise with good spirit. What we have known in last few days certainly blows the lid out of conventional methods and conventional wisdom. At the most, the conventional wisdom to liquidate 4 VGC here is do a search! We thought we knew a lot but there is always a new HIGH. SPEED, SCALE is a wonderful thing in this world.

I certainly can use some help in keeping my 3 serve and 1 Gobank account and deposit some MOs in the bank. I have no problem in acquiring VGCs, I can do half of their volume in one day If I wanted to. Just scared of depositing so many MOs in the bank and next day people at work know I was detained by deputies.
And of course, no amount of learning at the seminar will change local conditions. If your WM doesn't allow MOs then nothing you can do. Best is to investigate all alternatives if you're not happy with the volume you're getting.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by tahsir21
It used to be safeway. I'd buy like 50,000 in one swoop and take it walmarts and stuff. Just to help you realize, 50k at 4x (1x is for fees) is 200,000 points it 2,000$ in rewards. That was per day. When that died, I started buying from other places and actually now, I do all of my m's liquidating online from my bed. I still have to buy cards but yeah, fear not. There are walmarts that let you buy unlimited amounts of gift cards. They probably don't have 20k at one but all you have to do is go to another one.
$50k a day at Safeway. Every day?

BS. Please prove me wrong and post a couple screenshots of Safeway receipts showing those numbers. Since you kept vigilant records it should be easy right?

Also, $2k is nothing to most of is, but IT IS something to Walmart (or that limit wouldn't be in place).

Sounds to me like you're exaggerating to sell some tickets to your newbie convention.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:31 pm
jk2

You're always welcome to come watch. I won't be the only one. You'll probably see 5-6 more people the same day buying $20-60,000 in money orders. Some are hired by 1 guy to go around and buy money orders or even bill pay those amounts at once. In your world, 2k might seem like alot but there's always people who are going to be doing 10-30x what you're doing.
Well, a flag to your hands, as we used to say here.

In my world, 2K is not a lot, my monthly MS last year was in range ~$100K, but I have lots of stores nearby and never ever dreamed to come in one store and burn all my GCs in one visit. I build a good relationship with most employees in my WMT at customer service, and I would never bring attention from management to what I purchase. I do few BPs in one visit (~$6-10K) sometimes, but it is always with my trusted CSR and BP is no way close to MOs in their view.

If you feel comfortable to buy tens of thousands of MOs in one visit, then I am not surprised that soon there will be no venues. In the summer, I was a little bit careless in my Publix by buying just $1K of MOs very frequently (like 4 days per week). After few months, a manager came when I tried to buy a MO and asked why I always splitting a transaction, etc. Probably, CSRs told her about me. At the end she told me that such practice would not be allowed and I can buy a MO but using single card only. Lesson learned.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:48 pm

. . . . .

Last edited by gloreglabert; Dec 6, 2022 at 1:37 pm
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA,UA SLV, SPG GLD,Hyatt GP Plat.,National Exec., Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by sybloc
$50k a day at Safeway. Every day?

BS. Please prove me wrong and post a couple screenshots of Safeway receipts showing those numbers. Since you kept vigilant records it should be easy right?

Also, $2k is nothing to most of is, but IT IS something to Walmart (or that limit wouldn't be in place).

Sounds to me like you're exaggerating to sell some tickets to your newbie convention.
Snapchat meh. tahsir21
Secondly, I never even mentioned my convention, someone else on this thread did. Ask around if you want. Your doubt means nothing to me, I don't have a reason to lie. However, if you want proof, dm me and I'll try to find some receipts.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
You do know it is illegal to circumvent the laws. These will be forwarded to FINCEN. Best of luck.
New laws! Secret new laws!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by AnInfrequentFlyer
New laws! Secret new laws!
Loll, they were just passed yesterday!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:26 pm

The unspeakable idiocy of

1) publicizing this for all to see
And
2) Detailing it all to an IRS rep

Is truly incredible.

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 6, 2016 at 8:16 pm
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity
The unspeakable idiocy of

1) publicizing this for all to see
And
2) Detailing it all to an IRS rep

Is truly incredible.
Incredible!

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 6, 2016 at 8:16 pm
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
And of course, no amount of learning at the seminar will change local conditions. If your WM doesn't allow MOs then nothing you can do. Best is to investigate all alternatives if you're not happy with the volume you're getting.
Until these professional MSers move to your local town, as Mr Tahsir admits to doing in his blog post.

I just hope you have your US citizenship already Tahsir because I'd hate to have to answer this question from the N-400 in the affirmative just because I was too short sighted:

"Have you ever been arrested,cited or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason?"

Cheers
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Until these professional MSers move to your local town, as Mr Tahsir admits to doing in his blog post.

I just hope you have your US citizenship already Tahsir because I'd hate to have to answer this question from the N-400 in the affirmative just because I was too short sighted:

"Have you ever been arrested,cited or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason?"

Cheers
Fortunately I was born hereee
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:08 pm

Incredible!
The fact that you are too stupid to understand that your self-absorbed bloviations have absolutely zero upside and almost infinite downside speaks volumes. But by all means, keep on diarrheaing all over twitter and the blogs. Might get you a few referrals and an apartment commission or two.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:16 pm
Suspended

I seriously cannot believe the amount of BS this guy is getting... I can just smell the jealousy in here.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewTheMan
I seriously cannot believe the amount of BS this guy is getting... I can just smell the jealousy in here.
Uh yeah, thats it. Jealousy.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by toxicity
Uh yeah, thats it. Jealousy.
Yes, Indeed.

I've said this before and I will say it again: It's not about HOW MUCH but about HOW you approach the retailers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.