Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird Shutdowns

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hammer came down on me too. Both my primary Serve and one I manage got shutdown.

Thankfully I'm not sitting on too many GCs but F...
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:38 am

Wife just got shutdown too. This was odd because neither of us have used our cards for about three months. Looks like if you load BB with VGC at any time you're getting shutdown.

3 of mine got shut down!

....and the second one arrived..

Email received 10:30 EST

I rarely did more than $1K MS in a month and many months not at all.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: AOPA
whats everyones total loads $$ from 2015?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Got the same message this morning on my account, but not my wife's. The funny thing is that activity on my wife's account mirrors mine almost identically, since I load them at the same time. I've scaled back my BB activity significantly since this time last year. I used BB to hit $25k in spending on my DL AMEX to avoid the elite spend threshold Delta imposes. Because of this I earned Platinum, rather than Silver. I hit $25k in June and have been mostly using BB to get sign-up bonuses on new cards. I liquidated $4500 in Simon Mall gift cards between my account and my wife's last week, but didn't have a lot of activity over the preceding couple months.

I guess I need to research some other manufactured spend options. I'll be moving overseas this summer, so maybe I'll get back into this when I move back to the U.S. in a couple years, since I will have been off the radar for some time.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:40 am

i had my serve shut down too.. and only ONCE ever did i use a prepaid to load . My wife who has never used a prepaid debt has not been shut down as of yet. I basically used it every month to load with Fidelity Amex for the 2%.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by BigDawgFT
Me too on 2 of 7 so far. Certain others as well; just need to check those separate e-mail accounts.
Can now confirm: 7 out of 7 dead.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:41 am

"Unusual usage patterns" apparently = "any usage patterns" ...

I had 3/3 shutdowns. The 3rd card has NEVER been used for ANY loads other than an initial $20 load when I bought the card (Serve at WM) + a single $10/10 AMEX statement credit offer at Petco.

this has to be an error. theres no way they would be shutting down thousands of accounts because they would be hitting legitimate spenders.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Three out of three shutdowns today, too. Two BBs, One Serve. All had $5000 of load activity each month for years, usually withdrawn by paying credit card bills.

Sheesh -- this is out of left field, as I don't see how AMEX loses money on this. What are the other options to unload gift cards? I suddenly have a big MS problem!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
2 serves and 4 BB dead
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:43 am

Serve dead. Goodnight! It was fun while it lasted BB >> SoftServe >> Redcard >> Serve.

Who's going to be the first one to test if SSN is banned?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
BB dead.

Wife's Serve is still alive and we haven't MSed with that one as much yet so it may be just a matter of time.

So any non-Amex prepaids out there that are cost effective and not getting shut down?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.