Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:24 am

Billpay worked for Discover for me today. $2.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
Curious if anyone has had a similar experience...yesterday I was getting a MO at a nearby Kroger. The last OV debit card ($500)I used gave me a "not authorized" message; after swiping again and getting the same result, I used a diff debit card to complete the transaction. However, when I later checked the balance on the problem card, it showed a zero balance. I called OV and they confirmed that the funds had been pulled from the card and it wasn't just a pre-authorization that would fall off. The rep said I should follow up with Kroger, which I did.

However, this morning, after the folks at Kroger pulled the logs, they had no record of the funds from the problem card. They are going to follow up with "their processor", but at this point I'm concerned the funds are lost somewhere in neverland, with OV and Kroger each saying it's the other one's issue. If anyone has had a similar experience, I'd appreciate any feedback. For the record, I've been getting MO's for over 3 years without issue, so I'd like to think it's not a case of operator error.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ukguy78
Curious if anyone has had a similar experience...yesterday I was getting a MO at a nearby Kroger. The last OV debit card ($500)I used gave me a "not authorized" message; after swiping again and getting the same result, I used a diff debit card to complete the transaction. However, when I later checked the balance on the problem card, it showed a zero balance. I called OV and they confirmed that the funds had been pulled from the card and it wasn't just a pre-authorization that would fall off. The rep said I should follow up with Kroger, which I did.

However, this morning, after the folks at Kroger pulled the logs, they had no record of the funds from the problem card. They are going to follow up with "their processor", but at this point I'm concerned the funds are lost somewhere in neverland, with OV and Kroger each saying it's the other one's issue. If anyone has had a similar experience, I'd appreciate any feedback. For the record, I've been getting MO's for over 3 years without issue, so I'd like to think it's not a case of operator error.
Wait for 2-3 biz days and the money will be refunded to OV automatically.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by spgbus
Wait for 2-3 biz days and the money will be refunded to OV automatically.
I had a similar experience with a macerich gc... It took a month for the charge to fall off and then gcmall (iirc... Whoever the issuer was) put a freeze on the card because the reconciliation charge never appeared. It took another couple of days to have the card unfrozen and then the funds drained as they should on the next attempt.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:12 pm

I haven't had this exactly but I have had problems when cashiers have voided the transaction or once when the register turned off in the middle of the transaction. The funds came back on their own, sometimes after a few days, but your situation is not exactly the same.

At least it's "only" $500. I'm currently out $2000 because a store manager stepped in and refused to sell me GCs. However, the charge still posted to my CC as a fully posted account. I believe that the manager did not void the transaction correctly. They agreed to refund the $2000 to my CC (which they say will take 7-10 days) and issued my a $50 GC for my inconvenience.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:50 pm

i will opine that going to kroger and having them 'pull the logs' is the wrong approach and would be my absolute LAST POSSIBLE resort. many many krogers have a no gift card policy and they view OV as the tool of $ launderers, fraudsters and the anti-christ. you may get away with drawing all this attention to you and the csrs who are accepting gc's- but if you did, you should have bought a powerball ticket also, as you were lucky.

NEVER, EVER draw attention to yourself unless you have no choice. the bookkeeper is generally the most anal person in the store. THIS is how stores die. hell, at my #1 walmart, i'd likely chose to eat the $500 before i'd get the back office involved. and i am dead serious. i'd have a record of my contact with OV and deal with it after some idiot kills my walmart or walmart kills MO's via vgcs. i also doubt it would come to that- eventually it would get sorted.

next time, ask on FT or one of the other forums. i'd place the advise of the $8/hour OV csr pretty low on my 'words to live by' scale. the charge was at kroger not at the tilt a whirl at a travelling carnival- it'll get sussed out.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 11:59 pm

Have not seen 4x fuel points since the late nov/early dec one. I wonder if that has something to do with the low fuel price now. Anyone sees the 4x fuel point gc sale coming up?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:09 am

tried checkfreepay at 2 stores

1st store - paid mastercard-First tried to do with OV split, but shot . So just paid with debit

2nd store - visa - liquidated OV. 4 cards 4 swipes - 2 $ fees in cash - perfect
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Bzzz
Have not seen 4x fuel points since the late nov/early dec one. I wonder if that has something to do with the low fuel price now. Anyone sees the 4x fuel point gc sale coming up?
current one ongong for select gcs - music, gaming, enertainment and airtime

upcoming one... 1 Day Only! Earn 4X Fuel Points on Gift Cards
When you shop Gift Cards on January 23, 2016, you’ll earn 4X fuel points!

https://www.kroger.com/topic/promotions
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:21 pm

Ticketmaster didn't qualify for 4x. Very strange. Should definitely be music or entertainment. May try to call and get the extra points.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by ifish110
Ticketmaster didn't qualify for 4x. Very strange. Should definitely be music or entertainment. May try to call and get the extra points.
pretty sure they are only calling the ones pictured as entertainment...
xbox, itunes, google play

http://giftcards.kroger.com/images/b...Enterprise.jpg

I'm just waiting now until 1/23 when they are all 4x - not willing to risk not knowing what they classify in each catagory
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:34 am

i've tried 2 DFW krogers and both have checkfreepay but not Visa.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:45 am

Thanks gshumaker. Right on. I never received email from Kroger about the 4x fuel points and so have to rely on posts at here. please keep posting when you see it comes. Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: WN DL SPG HGP HH
Originally Posted by gshumaker
pretty sure they are only calling the ones pictured as entertainment...
xbox, itunes, google play

http://giftcards.kroger.com/images/b...Enterprise.jpg

I'm just waiting now until 1/23 when they are all 4x - not willing to risk not knowing what they classify in each catagory
Netflix worked
So a bit more than what is pictured
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by gshumaker
current one ongong for select gcs - music, gaming, enertainment and airtime

upcoming one... 1 Day Only! Earn 4X Fuel Points on Gift Cards
When you shop Gift Cards on January 23, 2016, you’ll earn 4X fuel points!

https://www.kroger.com/topic/promotions
wonder if fixed $ VGC will earn 4 pts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.