Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
ugh. hope you're nowhere near where i ms.

just a thought... how about doing some reading before heading out to do 4x500 and then splitting in response for that (predictably) not working. even if that csr is cool with helping you fumble along not knowing what you're doing, if someone else notices, you're a big red flag.

further, you're a big red flag to chase if you keep doing back to back.
read.
learn.
THEN go out and take it slow to start.
I have done my fair share of reading and research, which is why i did start slowly, with a single $500 VGC. I was planning on just going that route for awhile, until I noticed the sign on the gift card rack that stated there was a $2000 limit on gift card purchases. Unless my math is terribly off, I don't know any other way to reach $2000 with fewer cards then 4x500. A simple tip, or instruction that I obviously missed in my hours of reading would suffice, rather than the condescending remarks.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jlange311
I have done my fair share of reading and research, which is why i did start slowly, with a single $500 VGC. I was planning on just going that route for awhile, until I noticed the sign on the gift card rack that stated there was a $2000 limit on gift card purchases. Unless my math is terribly off, I don't know any other way to reach $2000 with fewer cards then 4x500. A simple tip, or instruction that I obviously missed in my hours of reading would suffice, rather than the condescending remarks.
your purchase incl fees must be <$2k
475 and 3x500=1998.80

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Jan 7, 2016 at 10:48 am Reason: removed snark
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Jlange311
read at least 5 pages back and you will find your answer
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:36 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I'll do some rereading.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by AlabamaTraveler
I got a different receipt from Kroger today. On the Activation Status receipt it says "00 APPROVED WITHIN 24HR" instead of the usual "APPROVED". Card balances are at 0 instead of the amount loaded.

I tried calling in but the system recommends calling later due to the long hold time. I will call back but wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced this (I assume someone has due to the long call time). I assume a network is down somewhere or they are waiting on the transactions to clear my card (which would be odd for them since it has never happened before).

Thanks
I had this happen twice or three times in the past. There was probably an issue with the activation process. Call the number on the activation receipt and Kroger will be able to activate it for you on the phone. You might need to verify some info such as CC used. Do not call the number on the back of the card. They will ask you to fax info in and will take a lot longer to get the card activated.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:00 pm

Kroger US Bank VGC

Yesterday I bought a VGC from Fred Meyers/Kroger to deposit at Walmart and it wasn't allowing me too. Reason I bought one was to see if the Carrs/Safeway MCGC i bought last week wasn't working and wasn't sure if it was just MC messing up. I hadn't deposited any this month so that isn't my issue. I'm not sure if US Bank is the issue, haven't had a chance to get a Meta bank from either Office Max or Simon Mall yet to try them. If anyone could assist in my problem that would be great. I keep searching everyday since last week to find a answer but to no luck. All this is at the Kiosk. I try to stay away from the CSR, but i might have to try them to see if its the Kiosk.

Tried to do a money order at USPS to see if that worked, but got declined with the MCGC and the VGC as well. Reset the PIN, no luck.

Last edited by Taikounou; Jan 4, 2016 at 9:04 pm Reason: adding more info
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:28 am

Just as on update, svsfan was correct, call the number on the kroger receipt if you get that activation error. I had to sit on hold for over 2 hours but they are now working. Guy on the line said it was an automatic hold done by the card issuer and seemed to happen a lot in CA.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:36 am

Just as on update, svsfan was correct, call the number on the kroger receipt if you get that activation error. I had to sit on hold for over 2 hours but they are now working. Guy on the line said it was an automatic hold done by the card issuer and seemed to happen a lot in CA.
Good that it good resolved but the hold time was unacceptable. I got mine taken cared of within 10 minutes when it happened to me in Nov/Dec.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:51 pm

I had to sit on hold for over 2 hours but they are now working. Guy on the line said it was an automatic hold done by the card issuer and seemed to happen a lot in CA.
Well, it is still compromised product. Use them VERY quickly.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:38 am

do we have billpay in kroger ? like in walmart
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:32 pm

Some one just "burned" the Kroger close to my house. Please use discretion when getting MOs. My experience is that most CSR at Kroger Money Services are very sensitive. Unless you are 100% sure they don't care, please don't do split, get an amount very very close to 500, and/or going to the same store every (or every other) day.

Though we are using our money legally, the activities are suspicious in their eyes and at some point they'll shut it down.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:15 pm

Hey guys any data points on this ?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by JuneBug30
Did you try to go to a Kroger that had the checkfreepay option? Try and report back. You can also ask your question on MMS, circles and arrows are free there.

Another Kroger is 20 miles away from my place. So instead of having to travel 20 miles just to check whether checkfreepay option is available or not , we can post questions here in the MASTER THREAD which is also FREE in FT
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Another Kroger is 20 miles away from my place. So instead of having to travel 20 miles just to check whether checkfreepay option is available or not , we can post questions here in the MASTER THREAD which is also FREE in FT
Dude. You've been on here for 2 months. You're best advice is to read, read some more and try small increments til you figure out what works in your area. Don't ride other people's coat tails because when it hits the fan you won't know how to think for yourself.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
I posted a comment a few days or so back about my experience with bill pay at Krogers. I won't repeat it here, as it is already in the Kroger thread, if you want to find it yourself, search for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.