Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by elegua
In WM you have to swipe and them the CSR push the debit key, is this what i have to do or its just like buy MO?, tell the CSR i will do 4 $500 cards and they enter the amount before you swipe?
You've to tell them the amount on each card up front. When you swipe the card, that amount will show up on your card reader screen after you enter PIN. Click 'OK' and you need to repeat this for remaining of your cards.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:14 pm

What denomination fixed value Visa/MC Gift cards does Kroger normally carry. At my local store in Plano TX I could only find max $100 ones. No $200 ones. How does it works out with such low value and $6 in fee even after 4x fuel points? Can someone please share the trick.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by kvijayk
What denomination fixed value Visa/MC Gift cards does Kroger normally carry. At my local store in Plano TX I could only find max $100 ones. No $200 ones. How does it works out with such low value and $6 in fee even after 4x fuel points? Can someone please share the trick.
No trick. Paired with the right cash back card the $6 fee is offset, then you basically just get free fuel points. Some people on here prefer this method... I prefer to just buy gc's I actually use (i.e. Amazon, eBay, etc). $100 fixed at Kroger is the max.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by kvijayk
5 cards= $29.75 in fees
$1 off per gallon for 2 fill-ups- $70 value
Plus whatever CC rewards you get (I get 3%), so net $40 discount plus $15 credit card cash back.

In the Kate days I would mess around with getting the cards, unloading them at Kate, and going to Shell (my one car does not like the cheap Kroger fuel) to fill up both cars plus the gas cans to utilize the full 35 gallons.

Now I just buy discounted BP gift cards when they go on sale on eBay.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:45 am

Not sure how long it's been going, but I went into King Soopers to get MOs this morning and clerk asked if I wanted to enter my number for fuel points. I declined, but you now get 10 points per MO transaction. Probably not worth the points on the off chance this is a new tracking mechanism.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:53 pm

Has anyone unloaded a Mastercard OneVanilla GC at Kroger by buying a MO?

Having a hard time with a Sam's Club MC OV GC and will be near a Kroger this weekend.

Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: All of them, Katie
Originally Posted by MilesGator

Having a hard time with a Sam's Club MC OV GC and will be near a Kroger this weekend.

Thanks!
Yes. They don't auto-drain though.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by MilesGator

Thanks!

I did about 2 weeks ago. Although I am 2 for 4 at kroger on getting MO these last two weeks. Had 2 cashiers could care less, and 2 cashiers that said no gift cards for MO's and this was at 2 different locations. Kroger seems to be very YMMV.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:34 am

Ongoing 4x Gift Card promo covers Restaurants. Movies and Amusement Parks.

Bought Disney GC yesterday but only got 2x.

Anyone seen a list of what this one covers?

EDIT - No Disney does not count as 4x, they consider that a store.

Last edited by gshumaker; Aug 15, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
How would Disney not be considered an amusement park?

I assume Starbucks cards count? Starbucks has a section of items for sale too. Why not consider that a store too?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Which Disney did you buy? The shop/play/dine or the park admission passes?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
Which Disney did you buy? The shop/play/dine or the park admission passes?
shop/play/dine
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer
How would Disney not be considered an amusement park?

I assume Starbucks cards count? Starbucks has a section of items for sale too. Why not consider that a store too?
My sentiments exactly...

When anyone says Disney - what comes to mind?

The Disney Store or WDW/ Disneyland?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:10 pm

How much is checkfree pay at Kroger? I have a friendly one nearby that let me get a split tender MO. Might use checkfree pay next time.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:30 pm

Next-day Visa costs $2 here
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
How much is checkfree pay at Kroger? I have a friendly one nearby that let me get a split tender MO. Might use checkfree pay next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.