Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by givingitatry
I posted a comment a few days or so back about my experience with bill pay at Krogers. I won't repeat it here, as it is already in the Kroger thread, if you want to find it yourself, search for it.
Mostly OT, but not entirely: what exactly is the point of splitting the threads each year? Just to make searching more annoying and more requiring of google?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Gold
Interesting Encounter

Had an interesting encounter yesterday. I went to Payless Food's (owned by Kroger) to purchase some VGC since I was in the area. Walk up to the register with 2 cards and the lady asks how much I want to put on them. I say "500 each". She proceeds to tell me that the "government" has put a restriction on being able to sell using a CC and it would have to be cash or check only. I chuckle a little bit and say I don't have $1011.90 on me. Amazing what these people come up with. I went to an actual Kroger close to home and bought 3x500 with no issue.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by crazy_p.o.w.
She proceeds to tell me that the "government" has put a restriction on being able to sell using a CC and it would have to be cash or check only.
Must have been the government of Payless Foods.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:54 pm

Do the vgcs at Kroger require u to set a pin? Or is it the last 4 digits? In theory could one immediately unload the cards at the money center immediately after purchase*

Please note I would never open in the store. I'm not that dumb...
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Do the vgcs at Kroger require u to set a pin? Or is it the last 4 digits? In theory could one immediately unload the cards at the money center immediately after purchase*

Yeah but it is still dumb to s--- where you eat so to speak. The loss prevention folks may (will?) notice the gift cards are being cleared out within minutes of purchase at the same store potentially exposing the store to a double loss. I am personally aware of one Kroger who cracked down on the use of GCs for MOs and the like because of this exact behavior. Don't be stupid liquidate someplace else.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Yeah but it is still dumb to s--- where you eat so to speak. The loss prevention folks may (will?) notice the gift cards are being cleared out within minutes of purchase at the same store potentially exposing the store to a double loss. I am personally aware of one Kroger who cracked down on the use of GCs for MOs and the like because of this exact behavior. Don't be stupid liquidate someplace else.
Gotcha. So I could purchase them at one Kroger then drive immediately to another and unload using the last 4 digits as the pin. This was the method I was thinking if at least.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:50 pm

Gotcha. So I could purchase them at one Kroger then drive immediately to another and unload using the last 4 digits as the pin. This was the method I was thinking if at least.
I have many little unwritten rules for myself. One of them is that other than one exception, I never use a GC for any reason at any store within the same chain I purchased it. Call it over-cautiousness, but I think it's a good rule to follow.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:02 pm

There is a card for a pin.

Not all Krogers accept debit for MOs.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
There is a card for a pin.

Not all Krogers accept debit for MOs.
Do you have to manually set the PIN? Or is it already set to something?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:29 pm

It's on the card.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:51 pm

Can Kroger split payments for MO?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Can Kroger split payments for MO?
YMMV. Some might do it but very soon they might start to ask questions because it is "unusual".
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by usalibido
YMMV. Some might do it but very soon they might start to ask questions because it is "unusual".
As you said, YMMV. My go-to store is so used to me splitting on two accounts, they don't even ask me anymore.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Unfortunately I have reason to believe that Kroger's chip enabled POS systems have taken an update that will (finally) enforce the $2K limit that will negatively impact us.

At the one pilot store here in Cinci, with the chip function only the card number is being recorded. No ID check or DL # is recorded anymore. Now, the same CC # cannot be run twice in the same day even if it's an AU or different person.

So as the chip-enabled machines get rolled out, be warned
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:07 am

i tried billpay to Visa and they could not find it in the checkfreepay system. Anyone had luck with their billpay yet? It's supposed to be the same as walmart but doesn't look like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.