Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: inY
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by princesakura
Also, usually an account is placed under security review whenever a new funding CC is added. This prevents you from logging into your account online for a few days. If you can log into your account, then it's no longer in effect.
Interesting, I haven't noticed that. I was able to delete an old card, add a new one, and immediately fund a teen card earlier today without any problems. I've only been using Buxx for a month or so and have only used 3 different funding cards. Maybe that's only the case once you start using more and more funding sources?

I think I read on here (or somewhere else) that you should only change your funding card/add a new one once or twice a month, in order to prevent triggering something on NW's end.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jojoyo
Has anyone had a problem making a load after the initial load with Chase Sapphire Preferred? I opened an account last week and put in initial load 100 and then an immediate load for 200. I also set up recurring weekly load. NW Buxx tried charging my card today, but it sent me an email saying the order could not be processed. I'm wondering if my card is blocked from loading
CSP works for me. it gets coded as purchase ultimately, but you need your cash advance amount to be a non-zero value is X + $2 at a minimum, where X is the amount you intend to load to the Buxx
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:08 pm

I can't seem to locate an android app for NW Buxx. Is there one or can Buxx loads, etc be done with the regular Nationwide banking app? Trying to use Chrome with the website is tedious on a phone.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Originally Posted by wyle.
I can't seem to locate an android app for NW Buxx. Is there one or can Buxx loads, etc be done with the regular Nationwide banking app? Trying to use Chrome with the website is tedious on a phone.
At the rate we're bleeding them you'd think they've got the spare change to make an app?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:20 pm

Scheduled loads failed last night (it's been fine for the past 6 months). I tried to manually load and this error showed up:

"Your order could not be completed. Please try again or change your payment method."

It's not a max reloads error; I've never seen it before. I know it's going to be a pain to switch payment methods in/out so I'm trying to see if anyone here knows how to fix this without having to switch cards (I'm just funding it "organically" via the Capital One Venture, no minimum spending i'm trying to hit right now).
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by greasypig
Scheduled loads failed last night (it's been fine for the past 6 months). I tried to manually load and this error showed up:

"Your order could not be completed. Please try again or change your payment method."
Got the same error trying to load a Chase card. I logged into Chase and saw one pending charge for $202 and one pending credit for $202. This is somewhat concerning...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:37 pm

It's not a max reloads error; I've never seen it before. I know it's going to be a pain to switch payment methods in/out so I'm trying to see if anyone here knows how to fix this without having to switch cards (I'm just funding it "organically" via the Capital One Venture, no minimum spending i'm trying to hit right now).
not sure what the deal is with the cap 1 venture... wanted to pay for 1 $500 VGC on GCM but kept getting a deny that the card was declined... called cap1, rep. said the decline didn't come from cap1 and GCM didn't know why... so nothing was done!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by ENOTTY
Got the same error trying to load a Chase card. I logged into Chase and saw one pending charge for $202 and one pending credit for $202. This is somewhat concerning...
Mine's exactly the same, except it was 4x, since i had four cards. Was your issue in the past week? Were you having no problems before?

I had had no problems up until last night's reload.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:44 am

Mine's exactly the same, except it was 4x, since i had four cards. Was your issue in the past week? Were you having no problems before?

I had had no problems up until last night's reload.
My last reload prior to my attempt today was June 22.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:21 am

I was able to load my chase Marriott card yesterday for $200.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:17 am

I have 5 NWBuxx and used it six months ago with Citicards/Barclay. Not sure the utility of it if you are able to purchase $500 VGC without much restrictions, daily limits etc either though WM or Drug stores. I know this option may not be available at all locations. Unless you can not purchase VGCs with some CCs but are able to load Buxx.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali
I have 5 NWBuxx and used it six months ago with Citicards/Barclay. Not sure the utility of it if you are able to purchase $500 VGC without much restrictions, daily limits etc either though WM or Drug stores. I know this option may not be available at all locations. Unless you can not purchase VGCs with some CCs but are able to load Buxx.
Because you do not have to purchase the VGC's in public nor do you have to purchase MO's at all. You can unload $800 per card if you have a citi CC. For me that's $1600 in a 4 minute phone call from my living room with no MO purchase.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:35 pm

Any data points for issues with ATM withdrawal? I am out of state this week,and tried to w/d my usual 200.00- both times transaction cancelled...not sure what to do now...
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Originally Posted by hsmama
Any data points for issues with ATM withdrawal? I am out of state this week,and tried to w/d my usual 200.00- both times transaction cancelled...not sure what to do now...
Was your balance exactly $200 perchance? Some ATM's try to ding you a $1 fee along with the withdrawal..
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:37 pm

Security Review

Hey everyone,

So I deleted an old credit card and added a new one to my Buxx accounts and was unable to log back into the account. The accounts are close to two years old and I have not added any new teens recently. When I called the number on the back of the card, the automated voice says the account is closed. When I then spoke to a live CSR they said my account was under security review. I was transferred to the security department but I hung up before speaking to anyone as I wanted to check here to see what I should do. If I wait, will the problem resolve by itself automatically? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by ECCM; Jun 29, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.