Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: inY
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by uTalk
need CA limit available to process it
Originally Posted by exoticfusion
Ah, I just lowered it to 0. That makes sense. Thanks!
are you guys saying lowering it to 0 will or will not work? I usually request to have it set to 0. I'm curious if I should not do that?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
are you guys saying lowering it to 0 will or will not work? I usually request to have it set to 0. I'm curious if I should not do that?
chase deducts it from your cash advance at first while it's pending, then it changes to purchase when it posts. My available cash advance drops the amount of the load until it posts. If you have a cash advance lower than the load, it will fail. At least with chase cards.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:36 am

Not all Chase cards. Both of my SW Premier cards load up just fine as purchases, both while pending, and after it's been processed.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by smurph98gt
Not all Chase cards. Both of my SW Premier cards load up just fine as purchases, both while pending, and after it's been processed.
I use my SW Premier and yes, in order to process the load i need to have CA available, after completed it goes to purchase but the initial transaction is a CA.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by hanlong
http://www.buxx.com/faq

"When will Visa Buxx be discontinued?

We expect that Visa Buxx will be completely retired by May 2016. The exact date will be shared in the coming weeks. Prior to Buxx’s retirement, we will be disabling features in several phases to minimize the impact to you. You will be notified prior to features being disabled.
"
Isn't this the site for all Visa Buxx cards? In which case, the clock is ticking for Nationwide. It says funds loading will be disabled in March.

Can you wise souls take a look and weigh in?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Isn't this the site for all Visa Buxx cards? In which case, the clock is ticking for Nationwide. It says funds loading will be disabled in March.

Can you wise souls take a look and weigh in?
I sent an email to [email protected] with this question. Here's the reply:

"The Visa Buxx program at www.buxx.com is being discontinued. However, there are some other separate Buxx programs that certain banks provide such as Navy Federal, TD Ameritrade, and Nationwide.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you."

You're good with NW.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:26 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by laslo
I sent an email to [email protected] with this question. Here's the reply:

"The Visa Buxx program at www.buxx.com is being discontinued. However, there are some other separate Buxx programs that certain banks provide such as Navy Federal, TD Ameritrade, and Nationwide.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you."

You're good with NW.
thanks
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:59 am

Looked through the last few weeks of posts but has anyone been able to pay their Citi card over the phone with a NWBuxx card with their name on it recently?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sateran
Looked through the last few weeks of posts but has anyone been able to pay their Citi card over the phone with a NWBuxx card with their name on it recently?
Yup Yup. Yesterday in fact.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by pwd847
Yup Yup. Yesterday in fact.
Awesome! Thank you
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:46 am

The Wiki does not say whether the no more than two loads per credit card per 7 days applies to each single parent account, or across all accounts using the same credit card.

The issue is relevant to the married couples where each has a parent card, and they may be authorized users on credit cards with the same number.

I believe the Nationwide is applied to any credit card that is used on multiple parent accounts, but before I put that in the Wiki I would like to be certain.

The safest procedure of course is not to have overlapping credit cards between parent accounts. This could facilitate spending of at least $1600 per month (2 teens, $200 loads set up automatically for every week for each on the chosen card), and this may be adequate for many uses. The other parents account might then use a separate card.

However, there may be situations where the couple wishes to spend at a higher rate on a single card. For instance I have a Alliant Visa that appears to offer 3% (promotion) on spending for a short period, which is higher than the 2.625% on a BOA Honors Travel Visa. It might be useful to have my wife using this card for the loads she does also.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by smurph98gt
Originally Posted by elegua
I use my SW Premier and yes, in order to process the load i need to have CA available, after completed it goes to purchase but the initial transaction is a CA.
I agree with elegua here. It's for all Chase cards. I did everything from Ink to Freedom to SW cards. All required the CA limit to be at least equal to the Visa load + $2.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:59 am

guys, with NW buxx, how much MS can I do in a single card in a month? 1k is the limit per parent/account? The wiki is so terrible.

edit: can someone tell me if I understand this correctly?

I can load 200 per teen each week for a max of 1k per teen per month? and I can load 1 CC twice per week? Is this about right?

So basically, I can MS 2k with 1 card (since 200*5*2). Additionally, I can repeat the same process with another CC, thus I can MS 4k a month equally split over 2 CCs?

Did I get this right?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by runb4fun; Feb 12, 2016 at 7:25 am
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
guys, with NW buxx, how much MS can I do in a single card in a month? 1k is the limit per parent/account? The wiki is so terrible.

edit: can someone tell me if I understand this correctly?

I can load 200 per teen each week for a max of 1k per teen per month? and I can load 1 CC twice per week? Is this about right?

So basically, I can MS 2k with 1 card (since 200*5*2). Additionally, I can repeat the same process with another CC, thus I can MS 4k a month equally split over 2 CCs?

Did I get this right?

Thanks in advance.
Yes
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:32 pm

thank you ericdabbs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.