Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flymax77
This is the 2016 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread. The previous 2013-2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Also - if you wait 30 minutes between purchase and loading, this usually avoids the loading error (some type of fraud control)

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by oozze
What happened if you reload 2 at the same time?
If I understand what you are asking, I've done 2 reloads in one trip using previously used PPMC cards. But they were for different accounts (one PPMC for me, one PPMC for my wife's account).

Sometimes the cashier will want to do 2 separate $500 transactions, and I pay with 2 different credit cards.

I've also had the cashier do it all as one transaction (500 on each account for a total of 1K). I sweated that a bit, because I wasn't sure if the credit card issuer (Citi) would allow 1K to go through without a fraud alert. But the transaction was completed without issue.

IIRC, isn't $500 the PP limit for loading in one day? So to do more than 500 in one trip, I think it would have to be to 2 separate PP accounts.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
I mentioned above, but I literally have no idea. I've never wanted to take the risk, and my CVS is within walking distance, so I don't have a need to load more than one per day.
Two reloads at CVS in the same calendar day is a no no. My second reload was stuck in limbo. Had to get corporate to refund that reload.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by 22calbr
Two reloads at CVS in the same calendar day is a no no. My second reload was stuck in limbo. Had to get corporate to refund that reload.
Good to know. Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:40 am

1- how are you guys buying PPMC at loading money at the same time in store? I usually buy, then go home, scratch, and load money?

2- The whole idea that someone else could have already used up the pin is scary. So, it seems that reusing a used card is more safer. The question is - is it 100% safe? In other words, if a PPMC is loaded in a particular account, can it ever be unlinked with the account, and then be linked to a different one?

3- Do all of you have PPDC? Or are some of you doing PPMC without one?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:27 am

Works at 7-eleven

I had luck reusing a mypaypal at 7-eleven. Works great with discover 5% bonus and Chase freedom 5%!!!

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
This however only works at a limited number of retailers, right? Last time I checked it was not available where everywhere MyCash is sold.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:10 pm

I have a data point regarding trying to load two PPMC at once.

I tried to load two cards at 7-Eleven in a single transaction with my Chase Freedom. Chase allowed the transaction, but only one card was accepted after it cleared Chase. Presumably by Paypal. Interestingly the payment was still pending for 997 until it posted for one card. I don't think it was 7-Eleven's system that interfered.

Regarding the last couple posts. 7-Eleven's in my area are franchised, and it's up to the owner whether they take credit cards for loads/purchases. I've been successful at a couple and failed at others. YMMV.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by js80
This morning I got the following email from Paypal on both my personal and business accounts:

"Hello xxxxxxx,

For security reasons, we deactivated your PayPal Debit Card. Please call if you have any questions.

Thanks,
PayPal "

Is this what a shutdown email looks like, or is this more likely a security/fraud alert (I did make a large purchase with the card yesterday)? I just want to know what I'm dealing with before I make the call.
I received the same email 2/5. I have received no other emails. In fact, I haven't used the account in several months due to hassle of finding PP cards to load.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by PHLisa
I received the same email 2/5. I have received no other emails. In fact, I haven't used the account in several months due to hassle of finding PP cards to load.
Maybe you should call them to figure out what happened. Maybe there was a compromise in their system and your accounts are no longer secure.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:14 am

What is the purpose of not reusing mypaypal card?

In my opinion it certainly looks more like fraud if you are constantly buying new Mypaypal cards. Besides, What is the purpose? Is it to make sure other Manufactured spenders don't have cards available?????
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by CLELOSER
In my opinion it certainly looks more like fraud if you are constantly buying new Mypaypal cards. Besides, What is the purpose? Is it to make sure other Manufactured spenders don't have cards available?????
It's a fairly new method, so not everyone knows if it.

The major reason, in my opinion, is to stock up on cards for the future. If you reuse an old card, you're limited to $500 per day. If you want to not have to go to a store multiple times, you can just buy a couple at once.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:46 am

Story Time

Once saw a whole pile of used Paypal Mycash Cards in a parking lot of a CVS. Of course there were none on the shelf. What a waste of plastic.

Originally Posted by Phantom707
It's a fairly new method, so not everyone knows if it.

The major reason, in my opinion, is to stock up on cards for the future. If you reuse an old card, you're limited to $500 per day. If you want to not have to go to a store multiple times, you can just buy a couple at once.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by CLELOSER
Once saw a whole pile of used Paypal Mycash Cards in a parking lot of a CVS. Of course there were none on the shelf. What a waste of plastic.
I agree. I enjoy being "environmentally friendly" (in reality, simply less environmentally destructive) by reusing cards. But I can understand why it might be advantageous for some people to purchase new cards, even if I usually disagree.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:57 am

Hi All,

I got following message for transaction happened in July of last month.....

The transaction listed below did not follow one of PayPal's cash policies. Please review the PayPal User Agreement for information on restricted activities.

To continue using PayPal, please complete this affidavit form to tell us more about the money’s source and purpose.
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXX
Transaction amount: $990.00 USD
Transaction date: Jul 4, 2015

Transaction source:Where did the money come from?

Transaction purpose:What will the money be used for?

How do you guys normally respond to this? Appreciate the help.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by woow14610
To continue using PayPal, please complete this affidavit form to tell us more about the money’s source and purpose.
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXX
Transaction amount: $990.00 USD
Transaction date: Jul 4, 2015

Transaction source:Where did the money come from?

Transaction purpose:What will the money be used for?

How do you guys normally respond to this? Appreciate the help.
source: payment for goods and services
purpose: payment for goods and services
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AmeriKop45
With the closing of BB - I am thinking of using PP to meet minimum spend requirements for CC bonuses.

Is it safe to send money to friends using credit cards (pay the 2.9%+30c) fees, then withdraw money to bank, have friend send back the money through his CC incurring same fee while we both hit min spends?
I have a similar question but don't plan on sending the money back and forth. My fiancé needs to spend $7,500 more on her Citi HH Reserve card to get the annual weekend certificate. I have already earned the certificate on my card so we want to earn it on hers too so we can use them together for a part of our honeymoon.

If she sends me $7,500 using her Citi HH Reserve card through PayPal and pays the fee of approx. $220 is this a safe way to go with little effort? The rooms we are wanting to book cost $550 per night so it seems worth it to me.

I just don't want to get shutdown for any reason and have $7,500 tied up for months. Again, we aren't trying to send money back and forth. We just want to send money one way and then withdrawal to a bank account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.