Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flymax77
This is the 2016 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread. The previous 2013-2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Also - if you wait 30 minutes between purchase and loading, this usually avoids the loading error (some type of fraud control)

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:16 am

Here are some of the relevant terms of the settlement referenced above:

(1) PP is paying a total of $4 million in damages.

(2) "PayPal will disclose its use of fraud and risk modeling in the PayPal User
Agreement, which governs the types of accounts and conduct at issue in the Action..."

(3) "PayPal will revise the PayPal User Agreement to more clearly distinguish among “holds,” “reserves” and “limitations,” as those terms are used by PayPal, including in the PayPal User Agreement."

(4) "PayPal will enhance the disclosures on its website by including a list of
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) providing users with greater detail on holds, reserves and limitations."

(5) "In response to calls to customer service, PayPal will disclose the reason
for a hold, reserve or limitation to the extent not inconsistent with PayPal’s security
requirements, which will be determined at PayPal’s sole discretion."

The full settlement agreement, with exhibits, can be found here: https://www.accountholdsettlement.co...0Agreement.pdf

Whether any of this will actually make a difference in how PP deals with holds and shutdowns, only time will tell.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:54 am

Can the Business Debit Card be used to pay your Citi or Capital One credit card bills like some other debit cards?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Sipre Elite, Marriott Gold, Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by mulliganman30
Can the Business Debit Card be used to pay your Citi or Capital One credit card bills like some other debit cards?
I used it to pay citi credit cards, don know about C1
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:13 pm

I really getting sick of these code 203 errors.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Sipre Elite, Marriott Gold, Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
I really getting sick of these code 203 errors.
Have you tried to VPN to the location where you bought the card? or Incognito mode?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Raycaiyan
Have you tried to VPN to the location where you bought the card? or Incognito mode?
Well I bought the card in Japan from a retailer who I believe is based in San Antonio, TX, so I'm not really sure what to do. Anyway, after waiting 3 days the card finally loaded.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Well I bought the card in Japan from a retailer who I believe is based in San Antonio, TX, so I'm not really sure what to do. Anyway, after waiting 3 days the card finally loaded.
glad to hear them worked. I have been purchasing 2-3k per month at a CVS and a Walgreen both within 1 mile from my house, and never had any problem. Maybe it is indeed a geographical thing.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Raycaiyan
I used it to pay citi credit cards, don know about C1
Didn't work for Capital One for me. They said my number didn't register on their system as a debit card. Works fine for Citi, though.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:31 pm

I bought some at a CVS in LA (I live in SF). Loaded 2 fine when I was in LA and got the 203 as soon as I tried in SF.

Had to call in, send in photos of DL, cards, receipt, utility bill, etc. What a PITA. Waiting for it to be resolved since past week.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by sedubby
I bought some at a CVS in LA (I live in SF). Loaded 2 fine when I was in LA and got the 203 as soon as I tried in SF.

Had to call in, send in photos of DL, cards, receipt, utility bill, etc. What a PITA. Waiting for it to be resolved since past week.
maybe you could try VPN to LA and then load, just curious.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:50 pm

i was a victim of paypal fraud as i noted in the 2015 thread here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25829946-post1153.html

short story:
- bought card
- card sat in room a while
- scratched the PIN and the money was gone
- incomm blamed me

the company that runs paypal my cash cards, incomm, claimed that i was a victim of victim assisted fraud (that i voluntarily gave out my PIN) and that i was refusing to acknowledge this act occurred in the hopes they would provide the funds for my mistake. however no such scammer existed and i was not duped into providing my PIN.

i'm looking for other victims with my story - so far i have 3. i just signed a retainer to represent a class action suit. i am 110% confident any suit brought against incomm for this will win. please get in contact with me if this happened to you.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:23 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by sickmint79
i was a victim of paypal fraud as i noted in the 2015 thread here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25829946-post1153.html

short story:
- bought card
- card sat in room a while
- scratched the PIN and the money was gone
- incomm blamed me
This may not be a popular sentiment in the MS forum, but have you considered filing a police report?

I think it would add legitimacy to your claim with Incomm, even if it doesn't catch the fraudster. Fraud is the reason that the big companies cite when the major MS avenues have been shut off. We know they also don't like MS or ML, but, consider this: If they lose $500 or so at a whack, that's a big loss.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
This may not be a popular sentiment in the MS forum, but have you considered filing a police report?

I think it would add legitimacy to your claim with Incomm, even if it doesn't catch the fraudster. Fraud is the reason that the big companies cite when the major MS avenues have been shut off. We know they also don't like MS or ML, but, consider this: If they lose $500 or so at a whack, that's a big loss.
i did, per incomm's request. although the reason they had me do this is because they did not then nor ever believe my story, and have very flawed logic to produce false positives in believing a victim is a victim of assisted fraud. they thought i was lying about not having been duped into providing my PIN, and the point of this path is to seek criminal pursuit of that scammer and criminal restitution of funds recovered from them. note this is very different than the actual crime that occurred, civil liability on their part to protect me from unauthorized electronic transfers against my account.

you will note that when you find this kind of activity on your credit card, you don't need to file a police report, nor chase the criminal down yourself. i think in part this is due to Regulation E, which incomm does not believe applies to PPMC (arguably the case with the law read explicitly, although it should not be the case and one might be able to argue original intent of the law cover the product.)

i want to be very clear on two points now that i have a good understanding of the product:
1. PPMC do not currently benefit from a position of having strong, or any, consumer protection
2. these cards are not safe stores of value. you could be in trouble if you are holding a card that has been around a while.

these should arguably be taken off the market for the time being. if you do buy some, or have some sitting around, you should load them to your account quickly.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:41 pm

Just as an additional note, if it's necessary for you to buy My Cash cards, I'd suggest you repurchase a used card. That way, the PIN is already associated with your account, and the funds are automatically loaded. I would think this would significantly reduce the risk of compromised cards.

That's what i think, anyways. It's probably still possible for the funds to be compromised, so you should still take precautions.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:11 pm

Have there been cases of PayPal accounts being limited / blacklisted without prior warning?

Seems like most on the forums who got shut down ignored prior warnings in some form.

I just want to pay my rent with a credit card to earn loyalty points. So PPMC, then PPDC payments via RadPad. $1500/month. Nothing else. If I receive a warning email, I'll stop the PPMC loads immediately.

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.