Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flymax77
This is the 2016 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread. The previous 2013-2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Also - if you wait 30 minutes between purchase and loading, this usually avoids the loading error (some type of fraud control)

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL (2016)

Old May 19, 2016, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Ruhr
mmk332, indeed while we are always at risk of shutdown, let me offer a counter experience. I've been using RadPad for about ten months straight, and still going strong. Here's my user profile.

* load about US$1500-2000 per month with PPMC bought with CC
* pay my rent (> US$1000) with PPBDMC on file at RadPad. Get 1% cashback!
* regular debit transactions at pharmacies which includes cash back. Variable, anywhere from 3-7 transactions a week.
* occasional debit transactions at food stores
* occasional credit transactions at food/local establishments
* occasional online purchases
* rare loads to BB (3-4 a year, haven't done any this year)
* PayPal account is over 10 years old

I will keep knocking on wood and hope that I am perceived by PayPal to be a valued customer. I hope that I act like a valued customer, at least!
Seriously, it doesn't matter what the pattern is. It's up thread someplace---if you load with PPMC exclusively, the account will get flagged. I had a similar patter--loaded PP and used it for daily spend. That meant about 1500-2k a month in many swipes. Still got flagged.
Old May 19, 2016, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by sickmint79
starting another thread but cross posting in this one.

PPMC have s serious security flaw that allows employees to embezzle.
incomm fraud investigation will do nothing but victim blame you. i have proof with pics and video.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...rity-flaw.html
I admit---after I saw this, I laid off PP.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Ruhr
mmk332, indeed while we are always at risk of shutdown, let me offer a counter experience. I've been using RadPad for about ten months straight, and still going strong. Here's my user profile.

* load about US$1500-2000 per month with PPMC bought with CC
* pay my rent (> US$1000) with PPBDMC on file at RadPad. Get 1% cashback!
* regular debit transactions at pharmacies which includes cash back. Variable, anywhere from 3-7 transactions a week.
* occasional debit transactions at food stores
* occasional credit transactions at food/local establishments
* occasional online purchases
* rare loads to BB (3-4 a year, haven't done any this year)
* PayPal account is over 10 years old

I will keep knocking on wood and hope that I am perceived by PayPal to be a valued customer. I hope that I act like a valued customer, at least!
Thanks for input, Ruhr.

I have seen people complaining about shut down with 1k-1.5k PPMC monthly load, but the real reason was they have used CC to back funding. Many people have commented that CC back funding is much worse than PPMC.

If people used bank fund to pay RadPad with PPBDMC and still being shut down, then I think you can say PayPal is red flagging RadPad payment.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Question PP Debit Card--->Serve Loads

Does loading Serve with PPDC get you shut down?

Also, can you load $200 with AMEX credit card + $200 with debit card in the same day?

Or is it only $200 total, meaning I would have to alternate load days (credit card vs debit card loads)?

TIA^
Old May 21, 2016, 7:07 am

Let's say I just loaded $500 of PPMC into my account. Let's also say that I just withdrew $2000 from Kiva. The $2000 hit my account after the $500 was added.

Can I transfer that $2000 to my bank account? Or will a bank transfer anger the PayPal dragon, given that there are PPMC funds in the account?
Old May 21, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by missing_link
Let's say I just loaded $500 of PPMC into my account. Let's also say that I just withdrew $2000 from Kiva. The $2000 hit my account after the $500 was added.

Can I transfer that $2000 to my bank account? Or will a bank transfer anger the PayPal dragon, given that there are PPMC funds in the account?
I speak from personal experience with a similar (although not exact) situation. Anger.
Old May 21, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by flymax77
Does loading Serve with PPDC get you shut down?

TIA^
yes
Old May 22, 2016, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
I speak from personal experience with a similar (although not exact) situation. Anger.
Thanks. I'll probably withdraw over the course of several weeks buying MOs. Which in and of itself may be risky.

Kind of lame that apparently the mere use of PPMC cards "taints" the PayPal account.

Last edited by missing_link; May 22, 2016 at 10:27 pm
Old May 24, 2016, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by missing_link

Flames and anger. Even the mother of dragons would get burned.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:52 pm

Question

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
yes
i loaded $1K the past 5 days ($200 max daily)

My serve account is only 1.5 months old... how long until the typical shutdown if this is a new account?
Old May 26, 2016, 1:31 am

i loaded $1K the past 5 days ($200 max daily)

My serve account is only 1.5 months old... how long until the typical shutdown if this is a new account?
I'll give you another 1.5 months.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Nomoneyinmybank
I'll give you another 1.5 months.
1.5 months for serve or 1.5 months for paypal?
Old May 26, 2016, 7:23 am

1.5 months for serve or 1.5 months for paypal?
with recent developments of am3x prepaid shutdowns, you'll be fortunate if you're not shutdown after the 3rd month. there is no activity that is safe, just be prepared for shutdown at anytime after your 3rd month.

if you start loading serve online next month and get the dreaded message, that's how you know your time is up.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:11 am

Question

Originally Posted by Mamibear
with recent developments of am3x prepaid shutdowns, you'll be fortunate if you're not shutdown after the 3rd month. there is no activity that is safe, just be prepared for shutdown at anytime after your 3rd month.

if you start loading serve online next month and get the dreaded message, that's how you know your time is up.
after the 3rd month, this is paypal shutdown you are referencing?
Old May 26, 2016, 11:21 am

If you're using funds loaded from a bank account, payees, or some other "normal" source, then PayPal will almost definitely not shut you down.

If you load using funds from My Cash, then PayPal is significantly more likely to shut you down.

If you do "suspicious" activity with Serve, then they will shut you down. No one is quite sure of what "suspicious" activity entails, but one belief is that online debit card loads constitutes a form of suspicious activity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.