Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Recent MS experiences with the BBVA NBA triple double card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent MS experiences with the BBVA NBA triple double card?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
5% posted for me correctly and I redeemed it immediately at the TR website.
other than a stmt credit, how do we redeem for GCs or merchandises?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
other than a stmt credit, how do we redeem for GCs or merchandises?
Back in Oct/Nov, they changed the redemption options and we are now limited to statement credit or a few NBA items. The good travel options are gone. OTOH, 5% cash back ain't bad
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:01 am

I applied for this card during the first week of February and got it yesterday! Missed the weekend bonus but at least they gave me a 17k limit which will be beneficial if SMGCs are still ms friendly in June.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
Back in Oct/Nov, they changed the redemption options and we are now limited to statement credit or a few NBA items. The good travel options are gone. OTOH, 5% cash back ain't bad
ok, thx. lol, their web site still says that pts can be redeemed for travel, gc...
Old Feb 19, 2016, 6:01 pm

ok, thx. lol, their web site still says that pts can be redeemed for travel, gc...
The way they explained it to me is that BBVA runs two separate points programs. DoubleTriple for Amex and ClearPoints for V/MC.

Before the oct/nov system updates, you used to be able to redeem your nba points on the clear website but the update closed that option.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 9:37 am

Did anyone have Serve loads post at 5x for All Star Weekend or are these posts in the thread only referring to other purchases?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyGator87
Did anyone have Serve loads post at 5x for All Star Weekend or are these posts in the thread only referring to other purchases?
Only 1x for me on 3 Serve loads, Costco and Sams Club purchases during All Star weekend. 5x on everything else including a Costco Gas purchase.

Anyone had any luck calling on the Costco or Sams Club purchases? I'm fine with 1x on $600 in Serve loads, but Costco/Sams was about $2.5K. Got over $8K on lots of real and "drugstore" purchases, so I'm happy.

Hopefully this pattern holds for the June finals.

Edit:
Found this language in the #2 footnote of the T&C: Superstores and wholesale clubs are excluded from bonus categories.

Called in and tried to make the point that the superstore exclusion applies only to the ongoing 2x and 3x categories but the first line CSR couldn't apply any extra points for my superstore charges. CSR offered to escalate to a supervisor to investigate further and I decided it wasn't worth risking the rest of my 5x on my "drugstore" purchases.

Lesson learned for June.

Last edited by AzLarry; Feb 23, 2016 at 7:47 am Reason: 1x explained by superstores/wholesale club exclusion
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:07 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to deposit MO into BBVA using the Mobile App?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:07 am

They change the terms to this card. Looks like new cards are 5% on $5000 for All Star Week and NBA Finals. Are our old cards grandfathered to the old terms with no $5000 limit?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:06 am
Original Poster

So

How're we doing this time around?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Joshy119
So

How're we doing this time around?
is it too early to tell? just started yesterday
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:21 am
Original Poster

is it too early to tell? just started yesterday
With this card? Nope
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:21 am

my card is already locked with fraud alerts, I even called customer service twice prior to the purchases. I would never do business with them besides the 5% period, totally inept customer service.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:22 am
Original Poster

same -
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Fly1Away1
my card is already locked with fraud alerts, I even called customer service twice prior to the purchases. I would never do business with them besides the 5% period, totally inept customer service.
for what amount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.