New way to flip the bird?

DPCI 290-00-0043

$6 all in

Buy-buy-birdie for a $5 discount, else a target for initial spend bonus

Purchase may receive a desirable classification

Appears pinworthy

Time for a POC test

Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:51 am

if there's a huge portal payout for the bullseye, this may turn out to be like agc online gig!?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:06 am

Can't find any good portal payouts; however it looks like the store GC can be used at checkout & it also says this item is eligible for the 5% discount
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:28 am

Nice find!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:33 am

Are these the OV's that have been out for a while?
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/buy-40...rds-at-target/

I looked at a different type of vgc from target.com, and it looks like all of them let you put in a gc number. I just don't think it will actually let you finally check out with it. I didn't have a valid target gc number to test it. Most portals state, of course, that they won't pay out on a gc purchase from target, but you know how that goes.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jimbo18
Can't find any good portal payouts; however it looks like the store GC can be used at checkout & it also says this item is eligible for the 5% discount
I did a mock order and went all the way to check out page but the 5% RC discount did not reflect in the summary

ETA: EBates has the highest portal cashback currently at 2%.

Last edited by Namaste1; Nov 22, 2015 at 8:03 am
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:42 am

I just checked 3 target gift cards for some scraps, and all had a zero balance. At least the wife is efficient.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1
I did a mock order and went all the way to check out page but the 5% RC discount did not reflect in the summary
Same here...
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
I am sure I am not supposed to be asking, but I decoded all but this:

"Buy-buy-birdie for a $5 discount" Surely, this is not supposed to reference a 5 percent discount?

could I have another hint, please?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1
ETA: EBates has the highest portal cashback currently at 2%.
does ebates enforce this?

Cash Back Terms
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on grocery, household commodities and essentials, baby care items (diapers, wipes, food, and toiletries), pet supplies, video games and consoles, music, books, contract mobile phones, prepaid and gift cards, Target Pharmacy and OTC, Target Photo, Target Optical, Target Café, SweetJOJO, and orders teemed by Target to be for resell. xxxxxxx
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:22 am

Well, I just tried it with a target GC, and no go. It actually lets you place the order and gives you an order number. But this is what it then shows:

order date order number qtyQuantity items status
Nov 22, 2015 (# removed by Newgene) 1Item 400GC $6 FEE $400 VISA PREPAID CARD Status Canceled

So, word of advice. Don't run out and buy a few thousand dollars of target gift cards thinking it will work. It actually let my order to through like normal, but then cancelled a few minutes after I placed the order. I don't even know if they have these cards in stock. It was likely the GC that did it, but targets website is screwed up.

Last edited by Newgene; Nov 22, 2015 at 8:29 am
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:25 am

Not that this actually works as described, but why would anyone even put anything "new" on this board? Are the trolls getting bored again?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mamibear

Cash Back Terms
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on grocery, household commodities and essentials, baby care items (diapers, wipes, food, and toiletries), pet supplies, video games and consoles, music, books, contract mobile phones, prepaid and gift cards, Target Pharmacy and OTC, Target Photo, Target Optical, Target Café, SweetJOJO, and orders teemed by Target to be for resell. xxxxxxx
No idea. I've never ordered a VGC from Target.com. I was just anwering a previous poster's question regarding cashback portal.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
DPCI 290-00-0043

$6 all in

Buy-buy-birdie for a $5 discount, else a target for initial spend bonus

Purchase may receive a desirable classification

Appears pinworthy

Time for a POC test

I haven't been able to PIN out at WM, but WD and PB have worked fine.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear

Cash Back Terms
The last several times I purchased items listed in these exclusions, eBates did not pay anything out this staying true to the terms. I have heard there is one who has been paying out but it isn't one of the ones I use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.