Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcardmall.com activation is delayed 10 business days

Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

I don't see a thread here yet but has anyone had difficulty activating their Visa GC's from giftcardmall.com? It's not a good sign if customer service is saying that it's going to take 10 business days to activate the Visa GC's that I purchased from giftcardmall.com. Is this the end of the backdoor link or just a glitch in the road for those that are purchasing from giftcardmall.com's backdoor?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:55 pm

This one is painful. I met spend on multiple cards this way on all different dates and they all have the same issue. I called and was told that the system may have had a problem catching the payment. Some of the charges have posted on my credit cards and some have not.

They were able to see that they did get money from one of the credit cards but my cards are still inactive. They have to go through all these orders and try to figure out if they actually captured the payment from the credit card or not.

I was told 2-3 days but I am not hopeful. DO NOT ORDER UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED!!!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:43 am

My most recent order (8/25) would not activate online or via phone. Had to log a support ticket. She gave me the 7-10 day estimate. Definitely makes me wonder what's going on over there, as they've had a variety of problems lately.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Sorry to bump an old thread, but can anyone confirm if this is fixed?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by nitrobass24
Sorry to bump an old thread, but can anyone confirm if this is fixed?
All GCM GCs are being fulfilled by GCL and no-pinned
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
All GCM GCs are being fulfilled by GCL and no-pinned
I'm guessing this has been discussed, but per law aren't all MC and Visa GCs required to have PINs?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by tontod
I'm guessing this has been discussed, but per law aren't all MC and Visa GCs required to have PINs?
No

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.