Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

There is a drug store that may become more useful..

There is a drug store that may become more useful..

Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I've decided against posting info until I test it out.

If it actually pans out, then I will possibly follow up.

Thanks for all the PMs, but I don't really feel comfortable sharing with people with low post counts.

To all those asking me via PM which drugstore, sorry, not going to divulge that just yet. It seems to be a very secret software update with absolutely ZERO ads anywhere for the change.

Possibly might be rolling out nationwide soon
I'm just as curious as the next on what your new method may be. We are always looking for another tool to add to the belt lol.
When i first read the post my initial reaction was "just share it already...stop teasing us!". But then as I thought about it I realized you are in a tough position and I would be in the same dilemma. If I found something new part of me would want to share it because I would not be where I am today without this forum - but then again - I would want what I found to live as long as possible.
My point being - you do what you think is right...I understand the reason for this thread is to gather opinions on what to do with this dilemma. MS will continue one way or another regardless if you share or not. So if you wanna share we will all be thankful...if you decide not to...it's ok...enjoy your secret.
In the grand scheme of life there are much more important things
Best of luck in your decision and I will be bookmarking your profile so I can check back later to see what you decided to do
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:18 am

don't share it here. It will die. Discuss it with people privately, who you have dealt with in the past or who you have received usefull nfor from. Lots of good people in FT.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:42 am

If it is what I think it is, I don't believe it will work. They have always had restrictions on that.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Posting a step by step method will soon be spread around the web by the likes of Slick Deals, Reddit, Bloggers, Twitter, etc,.

And will be shut down in short order.

Why would someone post about a Goose that lays Golden Eggs and where they could be collected? the next time you go to get an egg, they'll either be gone or worse the goose will be gone. No more eggs for you.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:18 am

This thread is useless and should get closed.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:27 pm
jmw

Do not share here. Sorry, Internet Brands, FT readers, credit card pimping bloggers, and anyone without access to private MS groups.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I've decided against posting info until I test it out.

If it actually pans out, then I will possibly follow up.

Thanks for all the PMs, but I don't really feel comfortable sharing with people with low post counts.

To all those asking me via PM which drugstore, sorry, not going to divulge that just yet. It seems to be a very secret software update with absolutely ZERO ads anywhere for the change.

Possibly might be rolling out nationwide soon
Very interesting. If this is a case of a drug store that doesn't/hasn't allowed something which is now allowing it b/c of a software update, I suspect it will die a rapid death with or without publicity.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mhdena
Posting a step by step method will soon be spread around the web by the likes of Slick Deals, Reddit, Bloggers, Twitter, etc,.

And will be shut down in short order.

Why would someone post about a Goose that lays Golden Eggs and where they could be collected? the next time you go to get an egg, they'll either be gone or worse the goose will be gone. No more eggs for you.

Did someone just joining in May discover MS without help from Flyertalk? How did you get started just this year? Chance? If everyone takes and nobody gives this entire concept is useless. Nobody is saying post step by step processes. PM and cryptic is the way to go, make everyone figure it out and experiment, but don't post this teaser and then run and hide.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by ThereYaGo
Did someone just joining in May discover MS without help from Flyertalk? How did you get started just this year? Chance?
Do you honestly believe that FT is the only place people learn about MS? I learned about it back in the dollar coin days, have been MSing ever since. Didn't discover FT until last summer and didn't bother to join until April.

I tend to agree with the rest of your sentiment, but your assumption that people can't/don't discover/participate in MS without a FlyerTalk account is a bit ridiculous.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sedentary
Do you honestly believe that FT is the only place people learn about MS? I learned about it back in the dollar coin days, have been MSing ever since. Didn't discover FT until last summer and didn't bother to join until April.

I tend to agree with the rest of your sentiment, but your assumption that people can't/don't discover/participate in MS without a FlyerTalk account is a bit ridiculous.
I said "without help", why else is this person here, or any of us for that matter then? I didn't discover it here either and have been earning since 1990.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:41 am

The thread shouldn't have ever been posted to begin with.

Yes, many of the readership of these forums are the type that need to be fee circles and arrows and need it spelled out, but OP left enough info that it shouldn't be terribly difficult, with common sense deductions, for our lurking predatory MSers, MLers, and fraudsters to figure out this nice opportunity.

You know what happens next.

I guess he is angling for an invite to a private forum.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:47 pm

Keep this in mind: whatever you post on FT will be killed by bow-tie guy.

Also, if this change is new and seems local, please do try it out yourself. You may have found yourself a nice thing going for you the next few weeks!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macrophage
Keep this in mind: whatever you post on FT will be killed by bow-tie guy.

Also, if this change is new and seems local, please do try it out yourself. You may have found yourself a nice thing going for you the next few weeks!
Keep this in mind: almost all such claims as this one are unverifiable.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:38 pm

..... delete ....

Last edited by coolblues; Aug 5, 2015 at 9:41 am
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:38 pm

walgreens is trying to do their own serve/redbird with much lower re-load fee but it's cash only...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.