Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread covers posts before 2018 only. The new thread is here.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/day (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days. Monthly limit is just 5k * days in the month.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen.

Visa issued by metabank.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.
Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 11:55 am

Orders left in wrong mail box

usps delivered to wrong mail box. Cards have been used. Filed a claim with GC.com will take up to 90 days to resolve claim. Filed a claim with cc. Has anyone filed a claim? Will it take a full 90 days to resolve the claim? Any information would be appreciated.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by briang191
usps delivered to wrong mail box. Cards have been used. Filed a claim with GC.com will take up to 90 days to resolve claim. Filed a claim with cc. Has anyone filed a claim? Will it take a full 90 days to resolve the claim? Any information would be appreciated.
Police report, that's grand theft if high enough. One of your neighbors will get arrested if they catch them.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:10 pm

make sure you file a report with the postmaster aside from filing a police report. the postmaster should conduct an investigation and find out from the carrier where your mail was delivered (date/approx time of delivery). If it was me, calling CC will be the last thing I'll do if the USPS does not resolve the issue of theft due to negligence. GC.C should also be held responsible to make sure merchandise reaches the buyer intact.
Old May 14, 2017, 6:40 pm

Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone have a po due to this issue?
Old May 15, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
make sure you file a report with the postmaster aside from filing a police report. the postmaster should conduct an investigation and find out from the carrier where your mail was delivered (date/approx time of delivery). If it was me, calling CC will be the last thing I'll do if the USPS does not resolve the issue of theft due to negligence. GC.C should also be held responsible to make sure merchandise reaches the buyer intact.
GC.c should have had some kind of verification to activate cards form the start. This whole "anybody can activate and use" is a massive liability for them and their customers.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:56 am

Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone have a po due to this issue?
that's why one needs to closely track the order; as tracking 1 of my previous order & noted that the pkg redelivered to another office after had originally sent to the my local usps office for delivery, immediately called GC to place a block on the cards activation and asked to speak to spvr/mgr of the wrong usps office to inquire about the wrong delivery; few more days after the pkg was found, it then redelivered to my local usps office where it finally delivered; called GC again to have the block removed... although the instance may be an honest mistake, rather made some initial effort than to wait 90 days / 3 moths to get $ back or resoved.

Last edited by danhouston; May 15, 2017 at 10:05 am
Old May 15, 2017, 3:30 pm

GC.com will take 60-90 days and then tell you that they will do nothing and that you should contact your credit card's insurance because you never received the items. (Seriously)
Old May 23, 2017, 11:57 am

Might be the only online place to get 500 dollar GC anymore....

Old May 28, 2017, 7:17 am
jk2

For the Second straight day I cannot checkout - after I click "submit " nothing happens, the circle circles forever and after some time I abort. Did anybody have seen it before? Never had any problems before.
Old May 28, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by jk2
For the Second straight day I cannot checkout - after I click "submit " nothing happens, the circle circles forever and after some time I abort. Did anybody have seen it before? Never had any problems before.
Try using a different browser.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Anyone get the new Mastercards and try out its "unloading capabilities"?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by booyaa
Yes. No problem.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by fauxreals
Yes. No problem.
No problem through which avenue? Citi credit card payments? Walmart? USPS?

Does it behave like the Visa GCs or the old Mastercards?

Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by booyaa
Dead at PO IME.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:22 pm

I was activating my Visa GCs today over the phone, and the automated voice said "this card does not require a pin. If a merchant prompts you for the pin - press the "credit" button".
I wonder how it would work for MO at WM...has anyone encountered this? is this a new policy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.