Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread covers posts before 2018 only. The new thread is here.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/day (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days. Monthly limit is just 5k * days in the month.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen.

Visa issued by metabank.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.
Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:51 pm

delete

Last edited by stuntgoats; Jan 1, 2017 at 3:26 pm
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:36 pm

Anyone having issues with online activations? last 2 days I get the following message:
The gift card information that you entered in could not be found. Please follow these simple steps so we can help:
But yet calling in activates fine... I really don;t want to call in 30 separate times though, yuck.

Last edited by cdog999; Jan 12, 2017 at 6:47 pm
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Anyone having issues with online activations? last 2 days I get the following message:

But yet calling in activates fine... I really don;t want to call in 30 separate times though, yuck.
I'm having the same issues. Calling in and using the app works to activate. The app doesn't seem to work for pin change, but the website does work.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by cdog999

30 hmm, maybe I need to step up my game. I've self imposed a Dailey limit of $2,500 or 5 cards an order. Are you placing larger orders, or ordering more often?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:30 am

I have an order that left Las Vegas on the 10th and has not been scanned since. It was supposed to be delivered the 12th, I'm in Denver.

I really wish GC.com had some way that only the person who purchased the card could activate it. Or at least send an email to the recipient with unique activation info. Anyone at USPS can steal this, activate, and have a $2,000 shopping spree.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by dogbyte
So I had received the order and didn't realize it and already went to WM to convert them to MOs.

This is why boxes of toothpicks include instructions for use...
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles
30 hmm, maybe I need to step up my game. I've self imposed a Dailey limit of $2,500 or 5 cards an order. Are you placing larger orders, or ordering more often?
haha. No two orders of four 500s. I prefer not deal with the 45x or 465 ones. I do enough other MS that 4k is enough for me everyday.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:26 pm

What the general methodology regarding giftcards.com?

Seems like I can buy a Simon Visa GC online. Pay $504.44. Take said card to Walmart for a $0.70 money order. Deposit MO in bank account. Pay CC. Given 1% back CC (CSR), this is essentially paying $0.14 for 504.44 miles right?? Doesn't sound like I'm doing it right..
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by showmethemonae
What the general methodology regarding giftcards.com?

Seems like I can buy a Simon Visa GC online. Pay $504.44. Take said card to Walmart for a $0.70 money order. Deposit MO in bank account. Pay CC. Given 1% back CC (CSR), this is essentially paying $0.14 for 504.44 miles right?? Doesn't sound like I'm doing it right..
Simon goes through giftcardmall. You'd get 504.44 points for $5.14.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by diseased
Simon goes through giftcardmall. You'd get 504.44 points for $5.14.
Thanks sir! But you can also utilize a cashback site to be net positive? or possibly utilize CVS for extra $$? Until they completely stop the 5B?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:52 pm

Thanks sir! But you can also utilize a cashback site to be net positive? or possibly utilize CVS for extra $$? Until they completely stop the 5B?
You can buy the 5bs directly from a physical Simon but you won't get cb from an online purchase since the $500 cards aren't on giftcardmall.com. They use gcm's checkout. Better off buying them in person and going to CVS, but make sure your CVS stores aren't cash only as some have recently reported. Woman here
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:11 pm

You can buy the 5bs directly from a physical Simon but you won't get cb from an online purchase since the $500 cards aren't on giftcardmall.com. They use gcm's checkout. Better off buying them in person and going to CVS, but make sure your CVS stores aren't cash only as some have recently reported. Woman here
ah thanks for the info ma'am !

Btw gift.giftcardmall.com won't give me the cash back? That's the url that comes up when i try to get the $500 denomination
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:55 pm

ah thanks for the info ma'am !

Btw gift.giftcardmall.com won't give me the cash back? That's the url that comes up when i try to get the $500 denomination
I don't believe so. Read up in the gcm thread. They banned me so I've only been there recently to whine when my orders were cancelled
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:24 am

I don't believe so. Read up in the gcm thread. They banned me so I've only been there recently to whine when my orders were cancelled
how do u know ur acct is banned? did they say so, or ur acct got the following msg after clicking on 'place order':

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections

my acct got the msg every time regardless what different CC i used
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
how do u know ur acct is banned? did they say so, or ur acct got the following msg after clicking on 'place order':

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections

my acct got the msg every time regardless what different CC i used
Got that message a while back, April I think. Also on any card I used. Tried again not too long ago and while the order went through I eventually got an email from their risk management department canceling my order. Crazy, I was only ever able to successfully place one order with them back in 2015.

Got some temporary ban with giftcards.com too, back in the summer of 2016. Lasted for about two months I think (orders were cancelled) and since then I've been able to order with no problems. I'm not even a big hitter, maybe 2500-6000 a month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.